Sound when shifting at high sppeds! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
deaser84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 26
Sound when shifting at high sppeds!

I have an automatic 12 v6 stock, does anyone know what that awesome sound is when your shifting into like 5th or 6th gear at high speeds? It sounds like vin diesel movie fast and furious! My 08 didn't make that sound. It didn't have 305 either though!
deaser84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
That sound is letting you know that your 2012 stang is ready to kick a$$. I have a 2011 V6 stang and I love it. Respectfully I would like to make two recommendations for a must have on your stang. If you have some extra cash, go with the flowmaster exhaust system. You can find it online for around 400 or under. So worth it. Gives the car a great aggressive sound. Louder than a stock V8. Second , go with a SCT bama tuner. Soooo worth it. Adds hp and makes the car a beast. Pulls harder and shifts way better for us auto guys.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
deaser84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 26
Thanks man! I've heard a lot about this bama thing. Speaking of auto shifting, how long before the CPU learns how I drive and doesn't rev up so high before it shifts? I have 2,000 miles on my car now

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Ok, so the bama tuner is the only think that's gonna make it shift better right?
deaser84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Does the 2012 have auto shift. The 2011 does not have that feature. Im not real familiar on how the auto shift works. The tuner is awesome. It really makes the difference. You may notice that when you juice the pony there is a slight delay before you take off. The tuner takes care of that, no more delay and opens that throttle response. My 11 would sometimes jerk forward when slowly accelerating, it was designed to skip gears to get better gas mileage. It would go from 1st to 3rd or forth when going slow. The tuner takes care of that issue.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pstang5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Does the 2012 have auto shift. The 2011 does not have that feature. Im not real familiar on how the auto shift works. The tuner is awesome. It really makes the difference. You may notice that when you juice the pony there is a slight delay before you take off. The tuner takes care of that, no more delay and opens that throttle response. My 11 would sometimes jerk forward when slowly accelerating, it was designed to skip gears to get better gas mileage. It would go from 1st to 3rd or forth when going slow. The tuner takes care of that issue.
Did it give a kind of kick when slowing down? Mine did that so i took it to get checked and nothing popped out
Pstang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Mine seemed to jerk forward sometimes when accelerating slowly. I was told that was the car skipping gears. I was told the car was designed that way to maximize fuel mpg.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:11 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pstang5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Mine seemed to jerk forward sometimes when accelerating slowly. I was told that was the car skipping gears. I was told the car was designed that way to maximize fuel mpg.
Yeah i got scared at first since i bought mine used. Same with the suspension. The car bounces on some kind of roads but i found out the advantage is the car is much lighter. That is why the camaro is slower for having an independent suspension.
Pstang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
aegischief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaser84
Thanks man! I've heard a lot about this bama thing. Speaking of auto shifting, how long before the CPU learns how I drive and doesn't rev up so high before it shifts? I have 2,000 miles on my car now
it CPU is not really gonna learn how you drive. Least not in a way that we will be able to notice. The shift points are determined by load, so a slight change in voltage from the throttle is gonna have an effect on how and when the transmission shifts. What we have to learn is not give it too much of the go fast pedal. That is hard, I know.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegischief

it CPU is not really gonna learn how you drive. Least not in a way that we will be able to notice. What we have to learn is not give it too much of the go fast pedal. That is hard, I know.
My pony just wants to get er done. Gas is on the right.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
aegischief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

My pony just wants to get er done. Gas is on the right.
Lol.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
At WOT, I will hear that whooshing sound as the auto is finally forced to change gears. In fact, I captured it in my YouTube video that I'll attach.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pstang5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005
At WOT, I will hear that whooshing sound as the auto is finally forced to change gears. In fact, I captured it in my YouTube video that I'll attach.
That low turbo style woosh? At first I thought it was the rpm needle but it sounds like it quickly sucks in air. My girl thought it was suped up because of the sound. Jaja she says my stang farts.
Pstang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstang5

That low turbo style woosh? At first I thought it was the rpm needle but it sounds like it quickly sucks in air. My girl thought it was suped up because of the sound. Jaja she says my stang farts.
Precisely. I still need to grab that link. It's definitely audible there.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how could i make my 2000 v6 mustang sound louder!?? betocruzazul Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 29 01-02-2012 02:41 PM
Popping sound while braking... 12GTstangCS 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 11-29-2011 01:55 PM
Deep Sound 559Danny 1996-2004 Mustang GT 10 09-29-2011 07:09 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:59 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.