Exterior upgrades and maybe performance upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey guys I'm new to this forum, I just bought a 2010 Red mustang convertible (premium) V6 in July. I'm now looking to do a little upgrading to the exterior and maybe exhaust and cool air intake. This is what I was planning on doing...please let me know if you have them or have seen them on a mustang before and what you think. Thanks

http://www.americanmuscle.com/decklid-panel-1012.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked...vers-2010.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/brake-...ecal-2010.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-v...te-grille.html (upper & lower)

http://www.americanmuscle.com/fordra...ck-2010v6.html
(possibly in the spring)

Thanks for your help!
RedToplessPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I highly recommend the flowmaster exhaust system for your stang. I have this on my 2011 sixer and in my opinion it sounds great. Real deep growl sounding when car starts up and when accelerating.

Highly recommend a bama sct tuner and cai combo. That will run around 700 tops from American Musscle. That should add a good 22 hp to your pony
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome thanks for the info...I'm gonna take a look at that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedToplessPony
Awesome thanks for the info...I'm gonna take a look at that
American Musscle is a great place. I found online my flowmasters for just under $400 dollars, however I think yours would be half because you only have one muffler. By the way, your stang looks sweet bro. Love the red with black top.

The tuner and cai will make a noticeable difference in how your stang accelerates and pulls way harder. You will not be disappointed with it, if you have the extra $ 700.00 to spend. If your a good boy maybe Santa will bring you one.

Another upgrade you might consider is putting headers on. It will give your pony a more aggressive sound while allowing more air flow and should give you another extra 25 hp or so. The headers go hand and hand with the CAI because while the CAI is sucking in all that cold air the headers allow all that extra cold air too be pushed out faster therefore increasing more HP. I would think the headers for your year stang would run no more than $700 max
Old 12-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, it was between my 2010 mustang I have or a 2007 GT...although I really wanted the power and they were both convertible I like the body style of the 2010 more...my plan for the near future is to get a CAI, headers and dual exhaust to help increase the power...so for Christmas I asked for some of the minor exterior upgrades, then hoping to win my fantasy football league for some power up grades...this is my first mustang and I love it...do you have any pics of your stang?
Old 12-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Oh man, nothing wrong with getting the sixer. I love the look of the 2010 and up body style.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111203_175450.png
Views:	225
Size:	436.1 KB
ID:	35141

Name:	ForumRunner_20111203_175528.png
Views:	203
Size:	535.5 KB
ID:	35142

Name:	ForumRunner_20111203_175633.png
Views:	236
Size:	503.5 KB
ID:	35144

Name:	ForumRunner_20111203_175757.png
Views:	223
Size:	588.2 KB
ID:	35146
Old 12-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Oh man, nothing wrong with getting the sixer. I love the look of the 2010 and up body style.
That color is amazing...what kind of mods do you have?
Old 12-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That color is amazing...what kind of mods do you have?
Kona Blue. Thanks man. I wanted red like yours but I do love the color. I don't have that many mods. Flowmaster exhaust system, bama sct performance tuner. I plan to add a CAI this spring. The money fairy hasn't come by this fall. Lol.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Kona Blue. Thanks man. I wanted red like yours but I do love the color. I don't have that many mods. Flowmaster exhaust system, bama sct performance tuner. I plan to add a CAI this spring. The money fairy hasn't come by this fall. Lol.
Nice...hope that fairy drops you so cash haha
Old 12-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nice...hope that fairy drops you so cash haha
Thanks bro. Me too im hoping, if the fairy visits me ill be sure to send him your way. Lol.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Thanks, it was between my 2010 mustang I have or a 2007 GT...although I really wanted the power and they were both convertible I like the body style of the 2010 more...my plan for the near future is to get a CAI, headers and dual exhaust to help increase the power...so for Christmas I asked for some of the minor exterior upgrades, then hoping to win my fantasy football league for some power up grades...this is my first mustang and I love it...do you have any pics of your stang?
You did the right thing. The interiors on the 2005 - 2009 are awful compared to 2010 - 2012. I, too, like the body style on the 2010 - 2012 as well. Best thing is that you probably got a great deal on yours!

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

You did the right thing. The interiors on the 2005 - 2009 are awful compared to 2010 - 2012. I, too, like the body style on the 2010 - 2012 as well. Best thing is that you probably got a great deal on yours!
Ya I feel like I did...it's also illegal to be on your cell phone and drive where I live, so having the sync system in 2010 was a big help...although having the top down and trying to use the sync doesn't really work haha
Old 12-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya I feel like I did...it's also illegal to be on your cell phone and drive where I live, so having the sync system in 2010 was a big help...although having the top down and trying to use the sync doesn't really work haha
Same here. I wanted the SYNC system. So my V6 ended up being about what a base GT was, but the creature comforts are nice

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: Exterior upgrades and maybe performance upgrades

A beautiful car. I couldn't resist my v6 back in 2005 when the s197s first came out. I got bit on the test drive. Bought brand new. I can just imagine what it's like with all that extra horse.
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBillone
A beautiful car. I couldn't resist my v6 back in 2005 when the s197s first came out. I got bit on the test drive. Bought brand new. I can just imagine what it's like with all that extra horse.
Thanks...I love it and can't wait to start my upgrades and make it my own...do you have any upgrades on your car?
Old 12-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Thanks...I love it and can't wait to start my upgrades and make it my own...do you have any upgrades on your car?
Tunes, bbk cai (one of my regrets), and bbk 70mm throttlebody... so far. There were some great sales at American Muscle on black friday so in boxes i have; Raxiom halo headlamps and tail lamps. Billet grill, ducktail spoiler, and agent 47 side mirrors.

I also got some sweet cobra style aluminum rims and tires off kijiji. Have my stock rims with winter tires on now.

Winter sucks. Especially in Canada. Come spring it will look like a different car. Soon after that 4.10 gears and dual exhaust... Can't wait!
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Well I have made it to the second round of the playoffs in all three of my fantasy football leagues...one being a miracle of the cowboys RB getting hurt...I think I wished that upon him...I am now one step closer to winning and starting my mods...here's hoping for another win this week!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBillone

Tunes, bbk cai (one of my regrets), and bbk 70mm throttlebody... so far. There were some great sales at American Muscle on black friday so in boxes i have; Raxiom halo headlamps and tail lamps. Billet grill, ducktail spoiler, and agent 47 side mirrors.

I also got some sweet cobra style aluminum rims and tires off kijiji. Have my stock rims with winter tires on now.

Winter sucks. Especially in Canada. Come spring it will look like a different car. Soon after that 4.10 gears and dual exhaust... Can't wait!

What kind of improvements did u see from the throttle body? I'm interesting in getting one, is it worth it?

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #19

Region: Alabama
Only thing that sucks about the 2010 V6 is the -100 horsepower(compared to 2011/2012) and single exhaust it has.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

As for the BBK throttle body, it won't do anything unless your boosted, if you get that without being boosted you just wasted money. Maybe you'll see a 1 hp gain lol.
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber
Only thing that sucks about the 2010 V6 is the -100 horsepower(compared to 2011/2012) and single exhaust it has.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

As for the BBK throttle body, it won't do anything unless your boosted, if you get that without being boosted you just wasted money. Maybe you'll see a 1 hp gain lol.
No shame in the 2010 V6 game. It's a stang and a sweet looking one. I agree the 2011 v6 does have a huge advantage of power over the 2010 sixer.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #21

Region: Alabama
No I'm not hating, it was just a general comment. The new body type the 2010+ is worth every penny. And if you bought the interior upgrade package then you're even more happy
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No I'm not hating, it was just a general comment. The new body type the 2010+ is worth every penny. And if you bought the interior upgrade package then you're even more happy
Ya I love my V6...of course I would love the power but I went with the convertible and it is a premium so it has the leather and nice rims
Old 12-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Really? American muscle claims 10-15 rwhp

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I have made it to the second round of the playoffs in all three of my fantasy football leagues...one being a miracle of the cowboys RB getting hurt...I think I wished that upon him...I am now one step closer to winning and starting my mods...here's hoping for another win this week!
I got killed by Roethlisberger, and I was dumb enough to start Marion Barber. Oh well, now I am playing for third place.

In my other league, I am in the championship game. Unfortunately, there's no money on the line in that league

Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

I got killed by Roethlisberger, and I was dumb enough to start Marion Barber. Oh well, now I am playing for third place.

In my other league, I am in the championship game. Unfortunately, there's no money on the line in that league
I am in the championship in 2 of my 3 leagues...I am guaranteed to win at least $450 with the max I could win being $1450...I was going to use the money of I won for exhaust but I am a huge flyers fan and live in Philly, so I'm thinking about using the money if I win for Winter Classic Tickets. It's a once in a life time opportunity....but I just have to win first (fingers crossed)
Old 12-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #26

Region: South Carolina
Im new here.. Actually.. I just found this site about an hour ago!! I have a 2011 pony and I'm wondering if anybody else has one that gives them problems like mine?? One more shot I believe I get the lemon law! Lol
wildmustang11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmustang11
Im new here.. Actually.. I just found this site about an hour ago!! I have a 2011 pony and I'm wondering if anybody else has one that gives them problems like mine?? One more shot I believe I get the lemon law! Lol
I have a 2010 I bought used and don't have any problems...lemon laws are a pain in the *** to go through...I tried it with my last car that kept breaking down and nothing was taken care of so I traded it in for my stang.... What kind of problems are you having
Old 12-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #28

Well.. I've only had her since feb. Bought new. Second week i had it the fuel pump went out. I was literally making a left hand turn in a busy intersection and the car started shaking real bad and died! Still had dealer tags so needless to say I was embarrassed! Took them 2 weeks to fix! I was so aggravated.. Now when I fill the car up with gas it won't read a full tank.. But when I get a 1/4 mile or so down the road after filling it up the car will jerk real hard than all of a sudden the gas hand jumps to full. What really insulted me was 1) I kinda figures it had to be brought on empty.. I'm not stupid.. They told me to bring it when I called even after i told them it was full..Than after driving 45 minutes to them they tell me bring It bak on empty. Duh!! 2) they actually asked me if I was really filling up the tank!!!! I know I'm a female but I'm not stupid!! I actually had to make a video on my phone to prove what my car was doing. It's doing other electrical things too.. I will deal with those once I get this fixed. I don't want to get broke down again!!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well.. I've only had her since feb. Bought new. Second week i had it the fuel pump went out. I was literally making a left hand turn in a busy intersection and the car started shaking real bad and died! Still had dealer tags so needless to say I was embarrassed! Took them 2 weeks to fix! I was so aggravated.. Now when I fill the car up with gas it won't read a full tank.. But when I get a 1/4 mile or so down the road after filling it up the car will jerk real hard than all of a sudden the gas hand jumps to full. What really insulted me was 1) I kinda figures it had to be brought on empty.. I'm not stupid.. They told me to bring it when I called even after i told them it was full..Than after driving 45 minutes to them they tell me bring It bak on empty. Duh!! 2) they actually asked me if I was really filling up the tank!!!! I know I'm a female but I'm not stupid!! I actually had to make a video on my phone to prove what my car was doing. It's doing other electrical things too.. I will deal with those once I get this fixed. I don't want to get broke down again!!
Wow that is horrible...on a positive note if it happens again and the lemon law works maybe you could get a 2012...not too sure how the law works
Old 12-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #30

I'm not sure I would buy another one! Lol but I do still love it!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not sure I would buy another one! Lol but I do still love it!
Don't let one bad car ruin a stang for you...there are lemons in every type of make and model...you could buy a BMW and get a lemon...ford usually has a good track record
Old 12-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Exterior upgrades and maybe performance upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmustang11 View Post
Yeah, that sounds like a lemon... Get a new 'Stang, and it will make things all better

Old 12-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #33

Well I'm taking my pony to the dealership Thursday morning. Wish me luck.. Sure I will be there all day!! Lol
Old 12-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I'm taking my pony to the dealership Thursday morning. Wish me luck.. Sure I will be there all day!! Lol
Good Luck! Hopefully you'll get some good news
Old 12-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #35

Quote:

Good Luck! Hopefully you'll get some good news
Thanks a lot!!! I will let u know.. I just bet they make me sit there all day. It would be my luck that the car fills right up with gas!! Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang