MT82 Transmission Issue...Please Read and Please HELP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
MT82 Transmission Issue...Please Read and Please HELP

TO ANYONE THAT HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH MT82 TRANSMISSIONS:
I HAVE A 2012 V6 MUSTANG MT W/PERFORMANCE PACKAGE THAT I GOT LAST MAY. I ONLY HAVE 12.5K, I HAVE NEVER RACED OR BURNT OUT IN MY CAR (MY TIRES ARE WAY TOO MUCH MONEY TO DO THAT). ONCE IN AWHILE 2ND GEAR WOULD ACT FUNNY BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME. WHEN I SHIFT INTO 2ND GEAR WHEN TURNING OR EVEN IN A STRIGHT AWAY IT WOULD POP OUT OR GRIND, WHICH I THOUGHT I JUST MISSED GEAR, IT ALSO HAPPEN TO MY WIFE. AGAIN WE THOUGHT IT WAS JUST US MISSING 2ND GEAR.
ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO I WAS CHANGING MY OIL AND I WAS INSPEACING UNDERNEATH MY CAR I FOUND MY TRANSMISSION LEAKING PRETTY GOOD.(I HAVE ATTACH PICTURES OF THE LEAK) I DID NOT TOUCH IT AND TOOK IT TO MY LOCAL FORD DEALERSHIP A DAY LATER. THE SERVICE ADVISOR SAID THAT THE TECHS COULD NOT FIND WHERE THE LEAK WAS COMING FROM AND THEY WOULD HAVE TO TEAR IT DOWN…OK I TOLD THEM LONGS AS ITS UNDER WARRNETY. THEY FOUND THAT MY 2ND GEAR SYNCHRO’S TWO TEETH BROKE OFF (SEE PICTURES) FORD SAID THAT I ABUSED MY CAR AND THE WARRENRTY WAS VOIDED…BULL****!!!!! I FOUGHT AND I FOUGHT (I CALLED FORD CUSTOMER CARE AND BUREAU OF AUTOMOTIVE) I WENT IN FOR A LEAK NOT MY 2ND GEAR…. AND FINALY THEY SAID THEY WOULD FIX IT!! . I SHOULDN’T HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS STRESS AND LOST OF SLEEP BECAUSE THEY DIDN’T WANT TO WARRANTY A PART THAT SHOULD BE UNDER WARRENTY.
IM HAPPY THEY FIXED MY CAR BUT SINCE THIS HAS HAPPEN I HAVE DONE SOME RESEARCH AND FOUND THAT THERE IS A TSB ON THIS TRANSMISSION AND OTHER MUSTANG OWNERS ARE GOING THROUGH THIS SAME ISSUE EITHER A LEAK OR GEAR OR EVEN BOTH. FROM READING ALL THESES POSTS AND ARTICLES IT MAKES ME REALLY MAD THAT FORD IS TRYING TO MAKE IT SEEM THAT I HAVE BEEN “ABUSING MY CAR”
FORD NEEDS TO TAKE CARE OF THIS! I HAD TO WAIT ALMOST 3 WEEKS TO GET MY CARE BACK. I LOVE MY CAR BUT IT MAKES ME WANT TO GIVE IT BACK.
PLEASE ADD TO THIS IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION OR THOUGHTS

Ford issues TSB regarding clutch problems for the 2011 Mustang GT | Mustangs Daily

2011-2012 Ford Mustang Manual Transmission Recall - Latest Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GEAR.JPG
Views:	1279
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	41112   Click image for larger version

Name:	LEAK.jpg
Views:	1458
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	41113  

Other Pony:
1969 Mustang Coupe w/331 Stroker, 4.11 gears, x-Pipe with Spin techs
DannyDoright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: MT82 Transmission Issue...Please Read and Please HELP

glad they fixed it
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #3

Region: Illinois

If Ford issued a recall,what's the problem? It's a Mustang,yes,it's also a machine and things can go wrong with a machine,get over it and enjoy your car!!
wendyspony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyspony View Post
If Ford issued a recall,what's the problem? It's a Mustang,yes,it's also a machine and things can go wrong with a machine,get over it and enjoy your car!!
he had to fight to get them to cover it...they blamed it on driver abuse...

you have quite a few mods are you sure they didnt find out about them and then blame you?
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The dealer knew what I had in it. The thing is I brought my car in for a transmission leak not for my 2nd gear. I had no idea about 2nd but it made sense why my second gear was acting up. If I went in for my 2nd gear only then they could say I abuse it. The truth is that I've haven't race it or even burnt out.

Other Pony:
1969 Mustang Coupe w/331 Stroker, 4.11 gears, x-Pipe with Spin techs
DannyDoright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Georgia
Ive always favored a stick over an auto but when i was looking at the new stangs and found out about the manual being made in china and all the problems i opted for the auto. Only thing that sucks is no performance package with the auto best of luck to you guys with the sticks!
iwalkaline58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang