why so expensive? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
why so expensive?

ok guys, i'm still looking at different exhaust set ups for my 2011 V6. I like the sound of the Flowmaster a lot. Found a DIY kit that I like a lot, but I can't figure out what makes it so much more expensive than their other selection of mufflers... here is what i'm looking at..


2011-2012 Ford Mustang V6, 2.25 Force II Axle-Back DOR [817497] - $659.94 : Flowmaster Inc. Exhaust Shop, Love That Sound!

that is an outrageous price if you ask me... what do you guys think?
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DannyDoright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 110
That is a lot... If you are going to pay that much might as well get bora.... Or you can just pay $80 and have local muffler shop to delete them.... The only thing is now is that I want to get LT w/x pipe so I need get mufflers cuz its going to be hella loud...good thing I keep my stock one

Delete mufflers do sound good thu.
__________________
2012 Mustang 3.7L, 6MT, Performance Package, Black On Black, 3.31 Gears, Deleted Mufflers, CAI AirAid, BAMA Tuner 91H

Other Pony:
1969 Mustang Coupe w/331 Stroker, 4.11 gears, x-Pipe with Spin techs
DannyDoright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDoright
That is a lot... If you are going to pay that much might as well get bora.... Or you can just pay $80 and have local muffler shop to delete them.... The only thing is now is that I want to get LT w/x pipe so I need get mufflers cuz its going to be hella loud...good thing I keep my stock one

Delete mufflers do sound good thu.
Found them on American Muscle for 429.99 which is much better but still more than I think is reasonable. Mufflers aren't that expensive... And it can't cost that much to weld hangers on them. Ugh
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
silvrbullet2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 622
Some of them are pretty high for mufflers but if u think about it in the long run bolt on and bolt off will help a lot compared to going to the muffler shop on cutting and welding. Plus if u decide on getting rid of the car you can bolt it back down to stock. IMO.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012
Some of them are pretty high for mufflers but if u think about it in the long run bolt on and bolt off will help a lot compared to going to the muffler shop on cutting and welding. Plus if u decide on getting rid of the car you can bolt it back down to stock. IMO.
Very true. The bolt on bolt off is great. And I'm hoping it would be as reliable as welded.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
silvrbullet2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6

Very true. The bolt on bolt off is great. And I'm hoping it would be as reliable as welded.
I've done my myself as long as u have them nice and tight there is no problem only thing I it's a b*** to unhook the stock mufflers.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012

I've done my myself as long as u have them nice and tight there is no problem only thing I it's a b*** to unhook the stock mufflers.
Yea I figured it wouldn't be as easy as they make it look, nothing ever is lol
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pstang5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 73
Im lucky i got mine for 20dollars a piece jaja. Plus 100 for both installed and 70 for both tips and installed. It sounds way better than I thought it would as its a v6. Sounds perfect to me.I loved it. I personally didnt like borlas as they are expensive and still like flowmaster. Ill take a video and uplozd it so you can check it out.
Pstang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstang5
Im lucky i got mine for 20dollars a piece jaja. Plus 100 for both installed and 70 for both tips and installed. It sounds way better than I thought it would as its a v6. Sounds perfect to me.I loved it. I personally didnt like borlas as they are expensive and still like flowmaster. Ill take a video and uplozd it so you can check it out.
$100 for install? That's crazy it took like 15 minutes to install.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
I got my Magnaflow Comps for $200 used. I can't see paying $600 for mufflers, be they Ford Racing or Borla. Just too much money.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pstang5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 73
yea but they were welded. they are actually excellent welders. they left perfect beads. something i couldnt have done. and yup those exhaust are expensive. i still cant believe i got mine for 20 a piece
Pstang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do I frequently recommend the AFM PMS? mystang50 1979-1995 Mustang GT 21 07-25-2012 03:40 AM
My flat hood ain't so flat... Just_John Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 02-21-2012 04:58 PM
Sad but not so sad MC770 1979-1995 Mustang GT 20 02-13-2012 06:59 AM
Damn so much!!!! Blackedout Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 14 02-05-2012 09:20 PM
So cal mustang shows..... Gibby General Car Discussion 3 01-31-2012 12:21 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:48 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.