1 Gotta Have it Green Future Owner..with ???s - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Smile 1 Gotta Have it Green Future Owner..with ???s

Good Morning everyone! Just joined up and happy to be here! I am just days away from placing my order for a brand new 2013 Gotta Have It Green (GHIG) V6 coupe in the MCA package. My question, and probably one of many i'll be asking soon is, since I can no longer order the Pedestal Spoiler on this model (reserved for the GTs they tell me) will the 3D carbon GT500 spoiler with Gurney flap work for this car and bolt into the same holes as the lip spoiler and how much fun am I gonna have getting the factory spoiler off????? Please let me know.
Have a great day!
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 1 Gotta Have it Green Future Owner..with ???s

also...wanting to find the Gameday hood somewhere with the ducted (not wide open) heat extractors and raim air front vents for the 2012 GT500 with out paying an arm and a leg..LOL! Since the update to the 2013 is mostly the GT500 nose....im having a bit of an issue finding one without the high cost of the Trufiber version.....any ideas..????
Old 02-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Please don't take this as the gospel truth... but I believe that the lip spoiler is attached by double sided tape not bolts.
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Pretty sure theres two factory bolts plus adhesive. I have my painted 3dcarbon500 spoiler sitting in my baement waiting for my car to be delivered. You use the factory holes to line up another two holes rhat need to be drilled. At least thats what americanmuscle says i havent had time to look closely. Once i get the car though im gonna look for a body shop to install it for me....it seems like the factory adhesive is hard to get off.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Pretty sure theres two factory bolts plus adhesive. I have my painted 3dcarbon500 spoiler sitting in my baement waiting for my car to be delivered. You use the factory holes to line up another two holes rhat need to be drilled. At least thats what americanmuscle says i havent had time to look closely. Once i get the car though im gonna look for a body shop to install it for me....it seems like the factory adhesive is hard to get off.
+1 I tried to take off the fake gas cap and gave up when I realized it was super glued on lol! Makes sense that the spoiler has bolts now that I think about what its job is.
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Stig,
Let me know when you get yours in to do that. I want to order that spoiler, but im not wanting to void the body/rust through warranty to drill holes just yet. I'm hoping yours will bolt right into existing holes and be a done deal. The bear they tell me, is removing the old one,,,,
Old 02-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
Stig,
Let me know when you get yours in to do that. I want to order that spoiler, but im not wanting to void the body/rust through warranty to drill holes just yet. I'm hoping yours will bolt right into existing holes and be a done deal. The bear they tell me, is removing the old one,,,,
Dammit i forgot there was a body/rust warranty considering i wont be driving it in the winter i guess ill be ok. I cant believe how many people on here are doing tunes and exhausts to their brand new stangs though....i asked my dealer and they sent me a document clearly stating it voids warranty...with tbe transmission issues i hear about i wouldnt want to lose the powertrain warranty.

Is gotta have it green the new lime colour? I thought that was for boss only along with the schoolbus yellow...i saw both at detroit auto show...really put a smile on my face.

I was going to hold out for a 2013 but i ended up ordering one of the last 12's....0% financing, costco discount, and thats on top of x-plan price plus i figured i wouldnt get a 13 till fall because we always get shafted in canada.

This wing with those new tail lights would be substantially impressive
Old 03-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Talking Re: 1 Gotta Have it Green Future Owner..with ???s

Stig,

Yes...it is the NEW lime color...and is apparantly available on all BUT the GT500.
Ordered the car this past wednesday...can't wait. Hoping it will be in before April 15th (tax day here in the US..LOL). Already ordered a CAI intake for it, and changing the grille over to black billet with pony delete. More mods planned, as can afford..LOL! Hey...sounds like you got a good deal on that 2012. I just wanted an oddball color, and judging by the way the Stang fans have been complaining...not many will be ordered with it...could be a rare color indeed!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

April 15th? Seems doubtful they must be backlogged with 2013 orders. I ordered my '12 on december 17 and it was built exactly 2 months later then delivery takes a bit now its at dealer and they're taking their sweet *** time to give me an eta (due to the mca billet grille i demanded be thrown into the deal..apparently they are waiting for it to come in before they can give me the car). The orders for '13s started early january here in canada so good luck getting your ride before summers end :p jk i hope not.

I think that colour will look cool. Dont forget the 05ish stangs had that weird lime yellowish colour. The ghi green is a nice gloss based paint like the grabber so itll be sharp. Grabber blue was my first colour of choice but i decided to go kona. The main reason is the 2013 really shows off its new look in brighter colours. I saw a black '13 picture a week before i made my decision and could barely tell the diff front end wise. Then i saw the kona in person and fell in love.

Enjoy the pony lights under the mirrors, the tree and timer on your dash, your painted rocker panels, and new taillights

Im glad im not the only nut who bought stuff for their stang before it comes. Im leaving mine stock but i have the spoiler and shift knob ready to go in my basement :p

Btw have u seen your colour in person? I saw it in detroit. It reminds me of starburst candy (i mean that in a good way) and grabber blue makes me thirsty for some powerade. Both will turn heads for sure o and the schoolbus yellow was hot too. I'm more into the subtle look though, i want people to look twice :p
Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Have not seen either color in person....sigh. Figure i'll get to the Barrett Jackson in palm Beach FL and see it there on the 7th of April...until then..who knows.
I've ordered a lime green shift ball with 6 speed pattern thanks to eBay, my trademark valve cap dice in lime green. The grille wont work...its a stinking overlay, and I want a complete replacement. Thinking of finding a cheap (yeah right) 2010+ GT500 grille set and then replacing the pony tri bar to grille center. BUT..will have to see. Thanks to the 2013 mustang commercial..I at least know what the color looks like in live action and my dual pony grille. How much longer before yours makes it Stig? I was told special orders would be built in April unless I take a stock order with EXACTLY what im wanting. argh...
Have a great one!

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

BTW...did you see that CJ Pony parts here in PA will be building 2 customs in the GHIG color..? Check out their site!

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

hey Stig,
what you think of these..?
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

combo scoop and louvers for the 1/4 windows. I like!

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

stang TV has my dash 4.2 LCD screen shots....thought I was gonna have to hook up 2 more gauges for the missing oil and volt..BOY was I wrong. Thank fully...
Old 03-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Gtzzoom;1079015]Have not seen either color in person....sigh. Figure i'll get to the Barrett Jackson in palm Beach FL and see it there on the 7th of April...until then..who knows.
I've ordered a lime green shift ball with 6 speed pattern thanks to eBay, my trademark valve cap dice in lime green. The grille wont work...its a stinking overlay, and I want a complete replacement. Thinking of finding a cheap (yeah right) 2010+ GT500 grille set and then replacing the pony tri bar to grille center. BUT..will have to see. Thanks to the 2013 mustang commercial..I at least know what the color looks like in live action and my dual pony grille. How much longer before yours makes it Stig? I was told special orders would be built in April unless I take a stock order with EXACTLY what im wanting. argh...
Have a great one![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

I was told last week march 15th. I told the dealer i want the car mid to late march so thats probably why they are taking their time to get it ready. Its at the dealer though but i dont want to see it until i can drive it home. Weather is cold and windy here today so i am happy to wait.

You wont regret the colour choice. It really needs to be seen in person to appreciate, and that was under auto show lights....imagine rolling up to a light with the sunset reflecting off that green. Thumbs up.

See im lucky enough to check out detroit auto show...your lucky enough to see barrett jackson live. I pvr every hour of it and watch it all unbelievable amount of mustangs this year, when they sold the 69 and 12 boss together as a pair i was fascinated

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

As for the louvers...hell id get those, they're sweet

And ur in pa? Sorry when u mentioned barrett i thought you lived nearby. I live just outside of toronto and also go to windsor (border city to detroit) monthly (its my hometown). My wing from american muscle came from pa...whats with pa and mustang parts lol
Old 03-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

No...not in PA, I have relatives just down the street from CJ pony parts. So...your car is there, but your waiting for the snow to clear...?
dont blame you...but i'd be chomping at the bit to get it home.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Barrett is in Florida, I live in Myrtle Beach,SC. Lucky for me they have the annual Mustang Week here and have done so since 2001. My former "Green Machines" have been in past ones. 1993 LX convertible in the 2002, and the customized 2000 electric green convertible in the 2008-09 shows. I'll be judging this year, but not in the 2010-13 class that my car will be in. If you ever get down this way, you'll have to let me know.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

yeah, im getting those louvers and the street scene gt500 style side scoops. gonna wait til car is here though..LOL. a lot to paint to match, gonna paint ENTIRE side view mirrors to match with small black stripe left at bottom to blend with window rubber. Gonna be fun trying not to paint over the pony projection lamp...great grief..LMAO!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Theres no snow surprisingly although we got a sprinkle this morning but it melted. The car is there i am going nuts here waiting but i really am just trying to be patient lol

Myrtle beach..ahh you're loving it. Some day id like to head there i hear its a good vacation spot.

I'm also considering sidescoops,louvers, etc but the fact that they aren't functional is something id laugh at myself for. But these stick on things look so damn neat. American muscle has that new $800 kit that has the quarter windows pop out....minivan? Lol i havent seen any real louvers out there just the stick on stuff. Werent the original ones for heat reduction in the cabin of the fastback? I remember the barrett jackson presnenters talking about that. They were vents that open and close. Really though louvers do keep sun and some heat out so i think they are functional to an extent.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Well Stig....did you get your ride yet? Just informed mine will be pulled to be built by wednesday then they can assign a VIN so I can start getting financing arranged prior to arrival. According to the 2013 build and price on ford.com, the price went up by 700...no big deal, and they changed the wheels for performance pkj and stripe for the MCA package. The changes I like cause the machined alum on the performance wheels is less and more black, and the side stripe is now at rocker panel and fades as it goes towards the rear wheel. That part will be removed for the MACH style stripes im having put on in carbon fiber to match the later hood addition. The hood will get painted on the sides just like the bangastang project on the home page and im gonna leave the carbon fiber center just like a 71-73 mach one look. Still waiting to hear if you have to drill for that spoiler of yours...im hoping not as even the ford accessories site said will fit pre drilled holes...but didnt say GT or V6...err. Let me know. and when get chance..post pics of your new ride.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
Well Stig....did you get your ride yet? Just informed mine will be pulled to be built by wednesday then they can assign a VIN so I can start getting financing arranged prior to arrival. According to the 2013 build and price on ford.com, the price went up by 700...no big deal, and they changed the wheels for performance pkj and stripe for the MCA package. The changes I like cause the machined alum on the performance wheels is less and more black, and the side stripe is now at rocker panel and fades as it goes towards the rear wheel. That part will be removed for the MACH style stripes im having put on in carbon fiber to match the later hood addition. The hood will get painted on the sides just like the bangastang project on the home page and im gonna leave the carbon fiber center just like a 71-73 mach one look. Still waiting to hear if you have to drill for that spoiler of yours...im hoping not as even the ford accessories site said will fit pre drilled holes...but didnt say GT or V6...err. Let me know. and when get chance..post pics of your new ride.
Im posting pics soon. Ive spent the last 72 hours on a severe car-love high. I got some great pics to post up ill start a new thread soon.

I got 0 percent financing ive never seen stangs for 0 here in canada...makes my life alot easier because now i wont rush go put every dime i can to the loan to avoid interest and i got the original window sticker for my car im going to have it laminated. Thanks to all the discounts i pretty much paid sticker price.

Its a long wait for these cars...but its heavily worth it...especially when there are new colours and chsnges like on your 2013 ghi green....im pumped to see this!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Lucky you! got yours at home and need a bib from drooling...LOL! 0 percent....im not gonna be that lucky. Just figuring it will be waiting on me when I get back from vaca in florida and will see the color in person at the barrett jackson palm beach. Told then to leave in plastic til day im coming back and then have ready for 4pm that afternoon. sigh.....
Old 03-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

LOL mine was at the dealer for TWO WEEKS as they waited for my grille to come in, it was part of the deal. Finally picked it up on thursday. I love it and the HID's are so worth it, you get them standard last night there was a ton of fog....no problem. I'd like to park next to a local stang owner without HID to show the difference someday.

anyways, my pics are up, best way to go though is www.photobucket.com/brians2012mustang i made a thread but they already moved it
Old 03-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

nice pics! did they put your spoiler on for you??? did it need to be drilled?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I got a shop to do the tint for $200 and they did my spoiler for $100. It uses two holes from factory wing, and you need to drill two more. The hardest part is taking the stock wing off due to the glue, which is why I had the shop do it and they complained about the glue hahaha
Old 03-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yeah I was told I could get financing at 0% too. I wish the stealerships would stop price gouging. There also printing their own stickers here too. The dealer here has a boss 302 base and he wants 56 for it. 33 for a loaded 6 and 46 for a california special. Then you call his bluff and he says he could do it for less. The 46 cali special sold for 36 after during awhile.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

damn! was hoping to do it myself with no drilling..ERRRR! guess i'll heat wrap mine in carbon fiber that will work with my hood and leave it right there...darn it!
Very nice ride my friend...will speedo with the KMH as primary...I had to look twice..LOL!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

LOL yep, in Canada we use the PROPER metric system. Thanks for the compliment, cant wait to see yours.....and I like the idea of the heat wrap....damn thats going to be sweet I cant wait to see! This wing has holes on the bottom (not visible once installed) to help release moisture (as the wing is made of polyeurethane) so make sure you do not cover those. FYI, the stock wing...MADE IN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! says so on the bottom
Old 03-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

yep...bluedude, you got that right! looked at a left over 12 grabber blue MCA pkj convertible in TN...and wanting 31800...told the dealership 30000 and ill take it. just sold for 30200. oops! My problem is we have one..back when the first blue with white stripe GT500s in 07 rolled in that wanted 12K on top of price because they were limited edition, then added 8K to the bullitt when they got it. I didnt order from them obviously...LOL
Old 03-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Yeah I was told I could get financing at 0% too. I wish the stealerships would stop price gouging. There also printing their own stickers here too. The dealer here has a boss 302 base and he wants 56 for it. 33 for a loaded 6 and 46 for a california special. Then you call his bluff and he says he could do it for less. The 46 cali special sold for 36 after during awhile.
Gauging, lol cars are alot more $ here in Canada, Mine is $34,500 CDN after tax (13%), sticker says 32 and change. I got 0% financing for 5 years, $1250 off for X-Plan, $1000 off for Costco, and they threw in the billet grille. I went to 3 dealers and they all came out to ~$100 of eachother. The normal interest rate for Mustangs were 5.99% before I got the special offer in December. So if I was to put 0 Down at 5.99%, the total cost of borrowing would be $5500. $0 is alot better
Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig

Gauging, lol cars are alot more $ here in Canada, Mine is $34,500 CDN after tax (13%), sticker says 32 and change. I got 0% financing for 5 years, $1250 off for X-Plan, $1000 off for Costco, and they threw in the billet grille. I went to 3 dealers and they all came out to ~$100 of eachother. The normal interest rate for Mustangs were 5.99% before I got the special offer in December. So if I was to put 0 Down at 5.99%, the total cost of borrowing would be $5500. $0 is alot better
Yeah. I've always been able to get them down to at least what my online price is. It really makes it tempting to just bring one up from the states...2012 grabber blue gt with brembos, interior 401 package, tech pack, exterior stuff, mach 1000, and comes with uninstalled, exhaust, tune, cai, boss intake, and shifter. 6500 miles, 27000$ 2.5 hour drive... 5% at the boarder, 195$ for papers, 125$ inspection, insurance, register, driveway. Allin for less than 29k too tempting.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Well.....looks like my wait is almost over. My order for the GHG V6 will be built on 4/2/2012 and delivery to be determined later....and already have my VIN number so my bank can try to compete with Ford to finance it. I figure it will still come in around tax day here (4/15) and it will be worth the wait. Pics of the new GHG in the V6 and Mustang Club of America package can be seen on Mustang Evolutions home page of the site......pretty awesome looking. Believe i'll order the black version of my grille from Ford that the Cali special has...looks way better in black!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Ahh the anticipation! I saw the photos they look hot! Ive had my car 5 days and i cant believe the attention it gets. I was washing it today in my driveway and so many people commented on the colour and stopped to ask questions! And i wanted a subtle colour...imagine ghi green lol
Old 03-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah......first comment i'm hearing already....why that color. Second will be what the hell color is that...LOL!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I love the color.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I love colors that stick out! And GHIG definitely does. It wouldn't be my first choice color but it is nice. Gotta see it in person though. Every pic I see it in, it looks different.
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Reminds me of those hot dodge chargers that were out a few years ago (superbee?) they came in some sort of lime green....looked sicked. Turned my head always.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah...told the chrysler dealer that im working part time new vehicle prep not to get made when I roll in the new baby..LOL! The 2007 charger Daytona in sublime...yes, I wanted one but could justify a sedan that expensive to my ,now, ex wife. Told the GM of the new dealership, i'd have forked over the money for a 2012 challenger Classic R/T...BUT some marketing idiots decided a old "Charger" color of green with envy was better, when all the forums had sublime voted as next best color....dummies. Told him thanks to that I decided to save 13 grand and get this V6 mustang in a color I did WANT>>>
Old 03-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Lmao i love the wacky 70s colours. Theyre either awesome like sublime or grabber blue, or horrible like "froidian guilt" that weird bronze yellow the stangs came in the 70s. Im 23 so that is way before my time....but i really love watching vids about the old days. Funny how car colours can bring back old times and how some still look great on modern designs.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

counting the days now folks...she's to be built next monday...and delivered the weekend of the 14th.....sigh. Cant wait!

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

yeah Cyclon37...nice handle BTW.....the green i'll get to see before the actual car. they are rumored to have one at the palm beach barrett-jackson im going to on the 7th of april. nothing like seeing the color you order...before you get the damn car..LOL! The shots from the portland,oregon media event were sweet though. The gang at the station think it'll be a let down since ive already seen what it will look like...NOT!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Man that's coming up soon! Can't wait to see it when it gets in! Gotta post some pics! I think the ghig would look great with some shiny black wheels.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Thinking about it, some nice black Alcoa super snakes would look awesome! A bit pricey though lol
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang