Just got a ticket today - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Where I live State Troopers and the city cops are ok for the most part, but EVERY time a county sheriff has stopped me(or a check point) and seen I carry a pistol they feel the need to point 3-4 at me even though it's in plain sight.. Troopers and town cops always act cool and calm though. I attribute it to a lack of training and professionalism.
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #37
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Just got a ticket today

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Where I live State Troopers and the city cops are ok for the most part, but EVERY time a county sheriff has stopped me(or a check point) and seen I carry a pistol they feel the need to point 3-4 at me even though it's in plain sight.. Troopers and town cops always act cool and calm though. I attribute it to a lack of training and professionalism.
the agencies have similar training.. but its not the same across the board. as well as the policies are different from agency to agency as well.

example... here n ohio.. troopers have a slightly differnt style when conducting traffic stops than city cops and sum sheriffs offices. such as 90 degree angle when park behind stoped vehicle.... approaching from the passenger side instead of the driver. i prefer passenger side so i can see all hands of the driver.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Sheriffs always tell me it should be on the dash.. Troopers look at me and say put that on the seat, if it fell from the dash it could go off.. Granted the same sheriff said leave it under the seat till you get stopped..
That's not what the man taught in the concealed carry class.
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #39
Titus Wadicus
Regular

also, its not lack of professionalism...its safety. and just cause someone has a permit for a firearm doesnt mean they cant have a bad day and do something stupid.

when u walk down the street and get called names, spit on, ppl threaten to u wit bodily harm...and ur just minding your own business. u look at ppl differently. alot of ppl hate cops wit a passion. they will fuk wit u, vandelize ur car... do really crappy stuff and they dont even know u.. just cause ur n law enforcement lotsa ppl wanna fuk u up. point is... u become apprehensive where your safety is concerned... when u know everybody hates u, and they dont even know u.. u look at the world and ppl that walk by u differntly.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Sheriffs always tell me it should be on the dash.. Troopers look at me and say put that on the seat, if it fell from the dash it could go off.. Granted the same sheriff said leave it under the seat till you get stopped..
That's not what the man taught in the concealed carry class.
all u can do is notify them that u r carryn... but where they want u to put it depends on the officer. some guys dont care either way... others have u exit the car.. again, everyone is different.

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx
also, its not lack of professionalism...its safety. and just cause someone has a permit for a firearm doesnt mean they cant have a bad day and do something stupid.

when u walk down the street and get called names, spit on, ppl threaten to u wit bodily harm...and ur just minding your own business. u look at ppl differently. alot of ppl hate cops wit a passion. they will fuk wit u, vandelize ur car... do really crappy stuff and they dont even know u.. just cause ur n law enforcement lotsa ppl wanna fuk u up. point is... u become apprehensive where your safety is concerned... when u know everybody hates u, and they dont even know u.. u look at the world and ppl that walk by u differntly.
Dose not give them the right to point a loaded(chambered) pistol in my face, simply cause I have one on my seat.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Dose not give them the right to point a loaded(chambered) pistol in my face, simply cause I have one on my seat.
scared is scared... obviuosly the guy was scared. but its sorta the same thing wit the tint...if i cant c u, im pulln my weapon..y, im scared.. point blank.

could the guy have handled it wit a bit more professionalism??? yes.... personaly, i would have been unholsterd too. not brandishing it in your face though.

not to sound crappy... but when u carry, thats the risk u take. its the same for off-duty or plain closed cops running into uniform guys. cops kill cops every year cause of that same issue.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I just want to see cops stopping crime instead of stopping cars. Where we're the cops when my cars were broken into? When my apartment was broken into? Stopping speeders is BS work. It tarnishes the job the rest of the cops do, and I'd rather see more resources allocated to stopping legitimate crime.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005
I just want to see cops stopping crime instead of stopping cars. Where we're the cops when my cars were broken into? When my apartment was broken into? Stopping speeders is BS work. It tarnishes the job the rest of the cops do, and I'd rather see more resources allocated to stopping legitimate crime.
Where were the cops that could have set a speed trap in a know area, that could then have prevented two young girls from loosing their lives??...

All laws need to be enforced!.. Not just the so called "legitimate ones"!....
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Speeding can cause accidents which could result in serious injury or death. Could hit another car or a pedestrian or could just lose control of your vehicle. It's not BS work. They have speed limits for a reason. If you had kids and you found out that one was seriously injured or killed by a speeding driver in a school zone outside his/her school I'm pretty sure you'd be asking where they cops were to stop the speeding driver.
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0cLFC

Speeding can cause accidents which could result in serious injury or death. Could hit another car or a pedestrian or could just lose control of your vehicle. It's not BS work. They have speed limits for a reason. If you had kids and you found out that one was seriously injured or killed by a speeding driver in a school zone outside his/her school I'm pretty sure you'd be asking where they cops were to stop the speeding driver.
Shutup we all have mustangs for a reason. If your posting like this you need to be in the camry forum. Your not a real mustang owner if you dont have at least two speeding tickets on your record. Lol

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

And cops are government employees so what do you expect? Underpaid overworked and think they control the universe. Thats why theyre mad when they pull over a new 5.0. They know they cant afford it so they want to punish people who can for having fun in theirs. Whenever you get a ticket just remember that cop is going to get off and hop in his 94 geo prizm and drive home while your in your mustang.
iwalkaline58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwalkaline58

Shutup we all have mustangs for a reason. If your posting like this you need to be in the camry forum. Your not a real mustang owner if you dont have at least two speeding tickets on your record. Lol
Walk a line
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0cLFC

+11

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

And cops are government employees so what do you expect? Underpaid overworked and think they control the universe. Thats why theyre mad when they pull over a new 5.0. They know they cant afford it so they want to punish people who can for having fun in theirs. Whenever you get a ticket just remember that cop is going to get off and hop in his 94 geo prizm and drive home while your in your mustang.
Your the one that needs to shut it!!... You need to educate yourself before you post ignorant S*** like this!..
Old 03-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

Oh calm down. Just playing devils advocate. Stirring the pot...
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:

Are u kidding me bro ?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I could be wrong but I remember seeing a statistic where countries/ roads that don't have speed limits have much less accidents then ones with limits. Most of the time accidents arnt caused by speed, they are caused by the drivers ignorance or lack of experience.
tdurham19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #51
Road Trip!

No need to get worked up cops are good people but lets face it they do make some people pissed when they really dont have too. AKA attitude test.Not hating on cops just hating on the job. Anyway if you dont like going fast then why did you get a mustang again? Im pretty sure a camry is more suited toward people who read speeding signs and go ten under not for a real mustang owner. Or let me guess.. you bought it for style right? ROTFLMAO
Old 03-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It's not that people don't like to go fast but IMO there is a time and place AKA the drag strip and if most accidents are caused by people's ignorance isn't it ignorant to ignore the posted speed limit and fly around like a idiot putting people on the roads lives in danger?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360
It's not that people don't like to go fast but IMO there is a time and place AKA the drag strip and if most accidents are caused by people's ignorance isn't it ignorant to ignore the posted speed limit and fly around like a idiot putting people on the roads lives in danger?
Yea that is ignorant but who does that ****!? Young drivers, new drivers, ect. Majority of people get into accidents the first couple of years of having their license. Do you think they stop speeding after that??? No, they still speed they are just more careful, they know where to slow down. Where as someone with less experience will have an accident.

My point is that speed doesn't cause accidents, dumb f***ing drivers do. And unfortunately there is no law against stupidity behind the wheel...
Old 03-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No need to get worked up cops are good people but lets face it they do make some people pissed when they really dont have too. AKA attitude test.Not hating on cops just hating on the job. Anyway if you dont like going fast then why did you get a mustang again? Im pretty sure a camry is more suited toward people who read speeding signs and go ten under not for a real mustang owner. Or let me guess.. you bought it for style right? ROTFLMAO
So by your reasoning I should just go speeding around!.. Hell F*** speed limits I've got a Mustang I'll go as fast as I F***ing want!!... Right?!?....
Old 03-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #55
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdurham19
I could be wrong but I remember seeing a statistic where countries/ roads that don't have speed limits have much less accidents then ones with limits. Most of the time accidents arnt caused by speed, they are caused by the drivers ignorance or lack of experience.
True although I think speed limits need to be in place on certain roads. Though I'm in favor of abolishing them on the highways. It doesn't slow people down. I don't think speed limits on some highways aren't there for safety reasons, I think it's to help emissions. That's a debate for another time.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote:
The reverse to that is there are fewer people living in those áreas. I think Montana is one of those states.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea that is ignorant but who does that ****!? Young drivers, new drivers, ect. Majority of people get into accidents the first couple of years of having their license. Do you think they stop speeding after that??? No, they still speed they are just more careful, they know where to slow down. Where as someone with less experience will have an accident.

My point is that speed doesn't cause accidents, dumb f***ing drivers do. And unfortunately there is no law against stupidity behind the wheel...
Stupid driving isn't just from the young!.. Can't tell ya how many idiots and morons I've busted that were well over 40+ years!..

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

True although I think speed limits need to be in place on certain roads. Though I'm in favor of abolishing them on the highways. It doesn't slow people down. I don't think speed limits on some highways aren't there for safety reasons, I think it's to help emissions. That's a debate for another time.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

The reverse to that is there are fewer people living in those áreas. I think Montana is one of those states.
One of the reason speed limits are placed on highways, is do to the construction of it!.. The type of materials used and how it was made, most of our highway roads can't handle the level of abuse of say like that of the Autobahn!..
Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Stupid driving isn't just from the young!.. Can't tell ya how many idiots and morons I've busted that were well over 40+ years!..

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

One of the reason speed limits are placed on highways, is do to the construction of it!.. The type of materials used and how it was made, most of our highway roads can't handle the level of abuse of say like that of the Autobahn!..
That's kinda my point tho..

I am assuming are a cop, and first I will thank you for what you do. You are there to enforce the law and when u do u get criticized by the public.

But with that said. I can imagine the majority of fatal accidents u see are from young drivers acting reckless,or some one under the influence. Not from the 40+ year olds speeding...
Old 03-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

The speed limit is 45 normally. There were more kids walking along Buford Hwy here than anywhere near that school. It's a joke. Just a BS way to increase state revenue.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 03-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's kinda my point tho..

I am assuming are a cop, and first I will thank you for what you do. You are there to enforce the law and when u do u get criticized by the public.

But with that said. I can imagine the majority of fatal accidents u see are from young drivers acting reckless,or some one under the influence. Not from the 40+ year olds speeding...
First off Military Police but close enough!.. Lol. And personally as far as accidents, wither fatal or not, I've seen all the above!.. A good combination of all ages!.. Stupidity is not limited by age!.. Lol

I busted this one guy for blatantly blowing through a stop sign!.. His excuse was that he saw me and knew that I would stop for him!.. No he wasn't under the influence and he was over 40!.. Lol
Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #60
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

So by your reasoning I should just go speeding around!.. Hell F*** speed limits I've got a Mustang I'll go as fast as I F***ing want!!... Right?!?....
No thats not what i meant. Driving safe is important and yes the drag strip is the ideal place to do it but can you honestly say youve never been on the interstate with no cars around and just wanted to gas it? Speed doesnt kill its the inexperienced driver that is the problem. Know when enough is enough and trying to push your car past its limit off the track=fatalities.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No thats not what i meant. Driving safe is important and yes the drag strip is the ideal place to do it but can you honestly say youve never been on the interstate with no cars around and just wanted to gas it? Speed doesnt kill its the inexperienced driver that is the problem. Know when enough is enough and trying to push your car past its limit off the track=fatalities.
Yep. There's a time and a place for everything. I agree with the general idea that you have to enforce all laws. You can't start picking willy nilly.

HOWEVER

My point here is that when cops are setting speed traps that don't do anything more than net revenue, it's a joke. I wasn't a danger to anyone, and not a single child was around. Why are there 5-6 cops sitting there instead of patrolling?

I'm sorry, I just think it is a sorry waste of resources and taxation without representation.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #62

Region: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
+11

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Your the one that needs to shut it!!... You need to educate yourself before you post ignorant S*** like this!..
totally agree
vicmeldrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #63
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Yep. There's a time and a place for everything. I agree with the general idea that you have to enforce all laws. You can't start picking willy nilly.

HOWEVER

My point here is that when cops are setting speed traps that don't do anything more than net revenue, it's a joke. I wasn't a danger to anyone, and not a single child was around. Why are there 5-6 cops sitting there instead of patrolling?

I'm sorry, I just think it is a sorry waste of resources and taxation without representation.
Did you ever figure out if that was indeed in a school zone? I'd talk to the solicitor of the court to see if they will dismiss the speeding charges.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Did you ever figure out if that was indeed in a school zone? I'd talk to the solicitor of the court to see if they will dismiss the speeding charges.
I was JUST coming out of the school zone when he pulled me over. The cops were about 30 or so feet beyond the sign so I think they probably have a strong argument for saying they tagged me inside the school zone.

How do I get in touch with the solicitor? I'd like to just see if I can drop the ticket down a few mph and do driving school.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #65
Staff
Blogger
Staff

I don't know how DeKalb county does it. You may want to call the court. It should be on your ticket.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #66
Road Trip!

I got a ticket in dekalb and was going 19 over and got it reduced to 14 and it wouldnt go on my insurance. Dekalb is actually a lot better than some counties like Cobb or Cherokee
Old 03-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got a ticket in dekalb and was going 19 over and got it reduced to 14 and it wouldnt go on my insurance. Dekalb is actually a lot better than some counties like Cobb or Cherokee
Did you have to go to court to get it reduced, or we're you able to arrange something before court?

I would like to pay my fines, avoid the points, go forth and sin no more, if you know what I mean.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote:
I don't know how DeKalb county does it. You may want to call the court. It should be on your ticket.
I am going to try them today. It's a week later so the ticket should be in their system now.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #68
Road Trip!

Go to court and talk to the judge. Dekalb is struggling for money. You can probably cut the fine in half and get your speed reduced. Your best option is just to wait and go to court
Old 03-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #69
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Just tuned into channel 2 they said DeKalb is cutting traffic court wait times in 1/2, by adding 2 more prosecutors.

Quote:
Go to court and talk to the judge. Dekalb is struggling for money. You can probably cut the fine in half and get your speed reduced. Your best option is just to wait and go to court
Yeah to say the least. I have a lot to say about Dekalb, but I won't vent here. A very corrupt county.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah, balls...what I really wanted to avoid was going to court. It's such a messed up system. Gotta get the pound of flesh.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Just tuned into channel 2 they said DeKalb is cutting traffic court wait times in 1/2, by adding 2 more prosecutors.

Yeah to say the least. I have a lot to say about Dekalb, but I won't vent here. A very corrupt county.
They ought to have a prosecutor hotline. Work this stuff out over the phone/email and reduce the traffic through the court system. No pun intended.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang