New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

New on the forums here and i finally got around to starting a thread of my project. I've done quite a bit with it already but still have more plans so thought I'd start a thread to show my progress. Not the best quality or location, just quick shots from my iPhone. Any questions feel free to ask. Enjoy..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3493634916.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	534.1 KB
ID:	42214   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2392707629.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	590.7 KB
ID:	42215  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1287154512.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	421.3 KB
ID:	42216   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3981143232.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	42217  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3827250695.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	465.3 KB
ID:	42218   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2838707178.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	42221  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3683888794.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	575.6 KB
ID:	42222   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-491747270.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	459.5 KB
ID:	42223  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3792439744.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	42224   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-242256867.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	536.8 KB
ID:	42225  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4183135823.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	460.8 KB
ID:	42226   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2367650006.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	42227  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1697716962.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	493.8 KB
ID:	42233   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-167782853.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	42234  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2429974894.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	480.1 KB
ID:	42235   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3560930759.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	42236  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-117562357.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	477.8 KB
ID:	42237  
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Sweet ride! Welcome to the site!
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Welcome! Nice ride! What Spoiler
Is that?
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
Welcome! Nice ride! What Spoiler
Is that?
3D Carbon GT500
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
salcruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Allen
Region: Texas
Posts: 90
Send a message via Yahoo to salcruz
Nice
salcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

I dont even have my mustang yet but i have my prepainted kona blue 3d carbon spoiler like yours sitting in my basement your car looks awesome...the wing has a black lip...mine doesnt...was it masked off before paint to do that? And those are some mean wheels and exhaust what is the tire spec? They look really wide. Also your mufflers....uh those are some gorgeous tips what setup is that? I like how u leave us guessing....post often

Oooo looking closer...that tread pattern...directionals. I like. Hey you're alright.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Thats one beautiful ride!
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
^^Thanks for all the compliments^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
I dont even have my mustang yet but i have my prepainted kona blue 3d carbon spoiler like yours sitting in my basement your car looks awesome...the wing has a black lip...mine doesnt...was it masked off before paint to do that? And those are some mean wheels and exhaust what is the tire spec? They look really wide. Also your mufflers....uh those are some gorgeous tips what setup is that? I like how u leave us guessing....post often

Oooo looking closer...that tread pattern...directionals. I like. Hey you're alright.
To answer your many questions lol..
- I got the wing pre-painted (I believe from AM?)
- Tires are 255F/275R (TBH.. I don't think the rears are wide enough but maybe I'm just crazy)
- Exhaust is Magnaflow. Just axle-backs. Tips are 4"

And GL on yours. Is it on order?
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
How did u make ur exhaust a quad?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO
How did u make ur exhaust a quad?
It comes from Magnaflow like that. It comes with a template that shows exactly where to cut on your lower valence. I had a body shop do the work though, and they did a great job!
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0cLFC

It comes from Magnaflow like that. It comes with a template that shows exactly where to cut on your lower valence. I had a body shop do the work though, and they did a great job!
I'm starting to wonder if they have a set up like that for my gt. does it make a difference in sound?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

I love the car, and the color, I just cannot see past the exhaust. I am in NO way bashing the car because the one thing i have learned when looking at mine, is to each is their own, but damn all i think about when i see quad tips is GM products.

the exhaust isnt my thing, but overall the car looks amazing
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

I'm starting to wonder if they have a set up like that for my gt. does it make a difference in sound?
They have them for the 2010+ GT's. Check the Magnaflow website. If I remember right I believe I got them from CJ??? But try google And I've never heard the single tip magnaflows in person so I can't honestly say if they make a difference in sound or not

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
I love the car, and the color, I just cannot see past the exhaust. I am in NO way bashing the car because the one thing i have learned when looking at mine, is to each is their own, but damn all i think about when i see quad tips is GM products.

the exhaust isnt my thing, but overall the car looks amazing
I knew eventually I'd get someone to bash em'! Lol. I've just always been a fan of quad tips. Idk why, I just think it looks better. I feel the single tips are to.... Blahh.. Wanted to be different and I love the look! So really that's all that matters right? But I knew eventually I'd get a hater on the quads lol. But thanks for the compliments on the rest of the car!
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

thanks for the understanding lol
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:14 AM   #15
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Very nice, welcome.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

Id have to disagree on the exhaust tips. Now that you mention it i do think corvette, but at first glance of this car (with the grabber blue, spoiler, and quad exhaust) this is what i thought of (the tips are just a little more flush with the valence)

(2013 gt500)


And i ordered my stang in December. It's built and at the dealer now but they're apparently waiting for my dark stainless billet grille to come in (it was part of the deal). The weather is still questionable here in Toronto so i dont mind the delay at all
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Same car as me man! I think we are the only 2 grabber sixxers here. Welcome!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
Same car as me man! I think we are the only 2 grabber sixxers here. Welcome!
The best color of coarse!!!!! Haha, thanks for the welcome. Any mods or plans for your ride??

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Id have to disagree on the exhaust tips. Now that you mention it i do think corvette, but at first glance of this car (with the grabber blue, spoiler, and quad exhaust) this is what i thought of (the tips are just a little more flush with the valence)

(2013 gt500)

And i ordered my stang in December. It's built and at the dealer now but they're apparently waiting for my dark stainless billet grille to come in (it was part of the deal). The weather is still questionable here in Toronto so i dont mind the delay at all
I would be dying to pick it up but I hear you with the weather.. Down here in NY we've been lucky. Practically no snow all winter!! (cross my fingers) and put some pics up when you bring her home. I've been considering the dark stainless grille on mine. Does it come with a matching grille for the lower part?
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Well I want to get CAI tune and open the exhaust. I have some hood accents. And I'm going to do a custom stripe down the side. Tinted windows of course! Finally I want to black out the lights and throw my cobra R's on it. I've wanted a grabber blue Stang ever since they revealed the color to the public in 2009. Well I finally was able to get it!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
Well I want to get CAI tune and open the exhaust. I have some hood accents. And I'm going to do a custom stripe down the side. Tinted windows of course! Finally I want to black out the lights and throw my cobra R's on it. I've wanted a grabber blue Stang ever since they revealed the color to the public in 2009. Well I finally was able to get it!
Would look great! I am going to be blacking out my lights also. Although idk if I want to get some black projectors or just do HID's and smoke out the headlights..
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 225
Not to be racist i love everyone but dont blackout the lights get some stock hid's from the shelby. Blacking out the lights really looks mexicany like the people who put a spoiler thats bigger than their car and a body kit on a geo prizm. Dont be "that guy"
iwalkaline58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
But I am Hispanic
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
tfalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 113
Re: New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

Ugly color Yep, it's the best one they've had in a while...
__________________
99-122 Bright Atlantic Blue S281 S/C Convertible
11-025 Grabber Blue S302 Convertible

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!
tfalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 225
Being Hispanic is awesome its just some people are crazy. Like im white and i hate white people who drive around in their jacked up diesels thinking they are the greatest thing on earth blasting country boy can survive. Lol just my opinion go with the hids.
iwalkaline58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwalkaline58
Not to be racist i love everyone but dont blackout the lights get some stock hid's from the shelby. Blacking out the lights really looks mexicany like the people who put a spoiler thats bigger than their car and a body kit on a geo prizm. Dont be "that guy"
I've thought about getting those, but from what I read it will cost ALOT of money to do the conversion. It's a lot more then just swapping the headlights.. Unless you or someone else knows better?? And as far as blacking out the lights, I would do a very light to on the headlights make them look smoked not ultra dark black. I don't want it to look bad. I just hate the chromey look they have stock
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Timm04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 540
Welcome to the site! You have a gorgeous car I'm very jealous!! Looks great!
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
I love the car, and the color, I just cannot see past the exhaust. I am in NO way bashing the car because the one thing i have learned when looking at mine, is to each is their own, but damn all i think about when i see quad tips is GM products.

the exhaust isnt my thing, but overall the car looks amazing
Idk if u are aware but the 2013 Shelby GT500 had a quad exhaust
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
dlove03mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0cLFC
New on the forums here and i finally got around to starting a thread of my project. I've done quite a bit with it already but still have more plans so thought I'd start a thread to show my progress. Not the best quality or location, just quick shots from my iPhone. Any questions feel free to ask. Enjoy..
Welcome to the site. Love the ride, quad tips are better look I'd say lol
dlove03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

Im hoping it comes with the lower part but knowing dealers i soubt it. I agree dont tint the headlights. Tails look fine though like this one...


As for hid's dont. Unless theyre factory ones. Aftermarket ones are useless. Factory projectors and hid bulbs are designed for the vehicle specifically, give off the correct beam pattern, and last a very long time.

I ordered the hid package on mine, i know alot of people buy used and have no choice but when you do i think it makes a gigantic improvement to front end styling. Im glad ford has this as a standard feature now. Find me someone who tints the factory hid's and i will e-slap them.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Im hoping it comes with the lower part but knowing dealers i soubt it. I agree dont tint the headlights. Tails look fine though like this one...

As for hid's dont. Unless theyre factory ones. Aftermarket ones are useless. Factory projectors and hid bulbs are designed for the vehicle specifically, give off the correct beam pattern, and last a very long time.

I ordered the hid package on mine, i know alot of people buy used and have no choice but when you do i think it makes a gigantic improvement to front end styling. Im glad ford has this as a standard feature now. Find me someone who tints the factory hid's and i will e-slap them.
I wish I had ordered mine with the HID's.. Too late now though And I believe aftermarket HID's are fine, as long as you don't buy crap.. I know people who have bought HID's and they've lasted longer then factory. But from what I've heard you just need to spend the extra $$ for quality. Also, I love that guys pic. I used to drool over that a$$ before I got mine, lol.
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
OK maybe I should explain myself. I'm going to get the covers that Velcro to the top of the light... so its not permanent.
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
OK maybe I should explain myself. I'm going to get the covers that Velcro to the top of the light... so its not permanent.
Where from? I only see the ones on american muscle that apparently show the adhesive at night....if the ones you mention dont have this problem i may order some too.

Im portuguese...i could pass as a mexican no?

Ive been driving an all black 99 infiniti qx4 with deep dish 20" chrome wheels. Everyone looked at me like some sort of drug dealer. It was awesome.

Edit: this thread has been hijacked by the hispanics and portuguese.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
tfalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 113
Re: New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT View Post
damn all i think about when i see quad tips is GM products.
I don't know, I'm kind of partial to the quad tips myself

__________________
99-122 Bright Atlantic Blue S281 S/C Convertible
11-025 Grabber Blue S302 Convertible

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!
tfalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalk

I don't know, I'm kind of partial to the quad tips myself
That's yours? Beautiful!!! Got more pics??
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: New Member.. My 12' Grabber Blue V6 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0cLFC View Post
That's yours? Beautiful!!! Got more pics??
+1.....
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new baby conv 66 Mustana Classic Mustangs 23 03-18-2012 05:06 PM
New clutch Califas gt 1996-2004 Mustang GT 19 03-07-2012 04:17 AM
Convert v6 to v8 Fastbullitt Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 03-04-2012 01:22 AM
Happiest moment of my life! Delta vt The Bar 9 03-02-2012 10:17 AM

» Members Mustangs

mustang

Mike D

Elle

Bleem@1
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



07:58 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.