05-09 V6 vs. 10-present - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
05-09 V6 vs. 10-present

Which is the better one??
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
11+ v6's are. More powerful motor, lighter weight, motor made of aluminum, Ti-VCT, better gas mileage, 6 speed tranny's, look better to IMO. The engine that was replaced, or the block anyhow, was a 40 yr old design. I'm not a huge fan of the duratecs, but they made it work well for the mustang
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mayhem48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 105
I've had my '12 for about 6 months now. I love it. Obviously anybody on here will tell you the same. Much sexier and much more power. Just took mine down my block and put the pedal to the floor in 1st gear rolling at about 5 mph, couldn't get past 2nd gear and about 65 mph before I had to stop! I really need to get to a track to see what this thing can do...
__________________

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
11+ v6's are. More powerful motor, lighter weight, motor made of aluminum, Ti-VCT, better gas mileage, 6 speed tranny's, look better to IMO. The engine that was replaced, or the block anyhow, was a 40 yr old design. I'm not a huge fan of the duratecs, but they made it work well for the mustang
The 2011s are not lighter than the 05-09s, my 08 v6 weighs bout 3,300 lbs
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

The 2011s are not lighter than the 05-09s, my 08 v6 weighs bout 3,300 lbs
You're correct, your car at best is 3350 lbs ( you were 50 lbs shy) and the 2010+ cars are just over 3400, for the manuals not the autos, autos are even closer in weight. However, I think I've made more than enough valid points for the 11+
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Oh I completely agree as far as power but the engine in my car I guarantee you will outlast yours
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang
Oh I completely agree as far as power but the engine in my car I guarantee you will outlast yours
How long do you think your engine will last vs mine and why?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
The 4.0 liter cologne v6 which was in the 05-10 mustang has been built and perfected for over 30 years and it is a far more mechanical engine than yours...the new 3.7 liter has far more computer input and far more variables to consider which means more opportunities for a malfunction and being a new engine, they haves worked out all the kinks quite yet
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
First of all I have a 5.0 V8. Not sure why you are under the impression I have the 3.7, just look at my username for clarification. Secondly, just because the BLOCK is a 40 yr old design doesn't mean that all of the components are 40 yrs old as well. If they were, mustang wouldn't have sold since the 90's. The block is very seldom the cause of motor failure, the components are. While I will say that I agree that there is more newer technology that has yet to be tested in a 2011, your statement is purely speculation and keep in mind that your motor and all of its components are already 4 yrs older than mine by age as opposed to how long ago they were designed.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

And also just to let you know, the new 5.0 is loosely based off of the modular motors which are about 15 yrs old now so if you are referring to motor age then I think the modular motors have been tested enough to be reliable
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: 05-09 V6 vs. 10-present

Hes just angry lol

Lets face it the old v6 was weak. You can try and compare all you want but your coming into a 2010-2014 forum trying to make us pay homage to your engine. I agree about it being a new design and all but all engines were new designs at one point. Ive always loved mustangs but anything but a v8 was useless before 2011, the v6's were mainly rentals and chick cars. Now at least it is a respectable motor on paper. And being one who used to love japanese v6s this engine purrs like one and although its weird for a stang....its actually a really neat sound...it turns heads.

The interior has always been an abomanation until 2010 also. Lets get serious here i wasnt in the market for even an american car until this redesign. Its changed the game.

To be fair though, based on videos ive seen online...his 5psd (if he doesnt have an auto) will outlast our 6 speeds....make ya feel better? Lol
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF2754's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 39
+1 ^
USAF2754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Hes just angry lol

Lets face it the old v6 was weak. You can try and compare all you want but your coming into a 2010-2014 forum trying to make us pay homage to your engine. I agree about it being a new design and all but all engines were new designs at one point. Ive always loved mustangs but anything but a v8 was useless before 2011, the v6's were mainly rentals and chick cars. Now at least it is a respectable motor on paper. And being one who used to love japanese v6s this engine purrs like one and although its weird for a stang....its actually a really neat sound...it turns heads.

The interior has always been an abomanation until 2010 also. Lets get serious here i wasnt in the market for even an american car until this redesign. Its changed the game.

To be fair though, based on videos ive seen online...his 5psd (if he doesnt have an auto) will outlast our 6 speeds....make ya feel better? Lol
Lol, well said stig
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF2754's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 39
And also to answer the original question, 11+ mustangs are the better ones! There is a laundry list of reasons why, just do you research. Or better yet, just drive one and you'll see for yourself why the 11+ model years are far superior to the last generation mustang.
USAF2754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Also don't know if you noticed but he posted this same thread in the 05-09 v6 section
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF2754's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 39
^ just saw that
USAF2754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF2754's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 39
That wasn't necessary. He obviously browses the forum. You asked a question and he answered it. This should prove the point that you can't always just assume things.
USAF2754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
What's with all the hostility lately on the forum!! Everyone needs to relax. You can't take stuff personally on here. Everyone has there opinion. You don't have to agree with it. Stop with all this bickering! I've seen this on a few threads now. Relax everyone, this is supposed to be a good place to come talk about our cars!!
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davey4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0cLFC
What's with all the hostility lately on the forum!! Everyone needs to relax. You can't take stuff personally on here. Everyone has there opinion. You don't have to agree with it. Stop with all this bickering! I've seen this on a few threads now. Relax everyone, this is supposed to be a good place to come talk about our cars!!
+1000 I just said this exact same thing on another post. If you can't handle criticism, DO NOT ask the question.
Davey4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey4.0

+1000 I just said this exact same thing on another post. If you can't handle criticism, DO NOT ask the question.
Thanks, so it's not just me. There's a few threads at least where I've seen this "bashing" going on. Come on guys, I don't think anyone wants to come read the forums with all this smash talk. State your opinion and your reason. If you don't agree with someone's opinion that's fine but no need to start fighting over it.
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: 05-09 V6 vs. 10-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Hes just angry lol

Lets face it the old v6 was weak. You can try and compare all you want but your coming into a 2010-2014 forum trying to make us pay homage to your engine. I agree about it being a new design and all but all engines were new designs at one point. Ive always loved mustangs but anything but a v8 was useless before 2011, the v6's were mainly rentals and chick cars. Now at least it is a respectable motor on paper. And being one who used to love japanese v6s this engine purrs like one and although its weird for a stang....its actually a really neat sound...it turns heads.

The interior has always been an abomanation until 2010 also. Lets get serious here i wasnt in the market for even an american car until this redesign. Its changed the game.

To be fair though, based on videos ive seen online...his 5psd (if he doesnt have an auto) will outlast our 6 speeds....make ya feel better? Lol
they don't make as much power ,but he is correct on the other
the 4.0's are pretty tough , you can beat the snot out of them and they can take a beating ....
but the new car not only has a more powerful engine , it has a GT Trans and the 8.8 rear , were our older V6's have a V6 trans and the wimpy 7.5 rear end
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde

they don't make as much power ,but he is correct on the other
the 4.0's are pretty tough , you can beat the snot out of them and they can take a beating ....
but the new car not only has a more powerful engine , it has a GT Trans and the 8.8 rear , were our older V6's have a V6 trans and the wimpy 7.5 rear end
Well I mean of course they had to have a bigger rear end...it has 95 more hp
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Thanks apoc! I've been wondering how long it was going to take for someone to say something about hostility! I have right at about 100 posts and over 50% of the threads I'm subscribed to has been negative! Geez people! We all drive mustangs we all love ford lets remember that!
PS off topic. Hey apoc, do you realize that if we put our two profile pics together we would have a complete front fascia! Lol
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: 05-09 V6 vs. 10-present

lol
I already blew my 7.5 once ....... and I DON'T even beat on it ,
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ap0cLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
Thanks apoc! I've been wondering how long it was going to take for someone to say something about hostility! I have right at about 100 posts and over 50% of the threads I'm subscribed to has been negative! Geez people! We all drive mustangs we all love ford lets remember that!
PS off topic. Hey apoc, do you realize that if we put our two profile pics together we would have a complete front fascia! Lol
lol, guess we'll have to combine them man !! Think it'd be funnier if we had the same exact angle
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Was I the one being hostile? Didn't mean to come off that way of you're talking about me. Just stating facts not trying to be a d!ck

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Was I the one being hostile? Didn't mean to come off that way of you're talking about me. Just stating facts not trying to be a d!ck

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone
No I'm just talking about this forum in general... not pointing any fingers! I was personally attacked in a thread a while back... its just sad we all can't like each others cars and come here to find answers to each others questions
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: 05-09 V6 vs. 10-present

I didnt mean any hostility either. I checked out the original posters pics...its one of the nicer examples of an 05-09 v6 ive seen. Its just weird how this question needs to be asked.

"For 2015 ford is proud to announce a ****tier engine! Weve spent half the money on research and development and threw out the book on what we learned from the old one. Matter of fact the engines for this prototype have never even seen a dyno!"
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
I didnt mean any hostility either. I checked out the original posters pics...its one of the nicer examples of an 05-09 v6 ive seen. Its just weird how this question needs to be asked.

"For 2015 ford is proud to announce a ****tier engine! Weve spent half the money on research and development and threw out the book on what we learned from the old one. Matter of fact the engines for this prototype have never even seen a dyno!"

You talking bout my v6?
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: 05-09 V6 vs. 10-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
You talking bout my v6?
Yes, yours, its nice. Dont worry about comparing your engines they are all good in their own ways. All mustangs are nice...they dont become obsolete like stupid ipods. Lets all be friends. Enjoy your v6, its a MUSTANG and nobody can change that!
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig

Yes, yours, its nice. Dont worry about comparing your engines they are all good in their own ways. All mustangs are nice...they dont become obsolete like stupid ipods. Lets all be friends. Enjoy your v6, its a MUSTANG and nobody can change that!

Thanks man! Idk what visual stuff I should do yet
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: 05-09 V6 vs. 10-present

I think it looks fine...maybe just some window tint
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
I think it looks fine...maybe just some window tint
Yep getting it this summer I want side scoops and a hood scoop too
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davey4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 149
Get a GT style billet grille with halo fogs,I'm about to get some halo fogs soon,just not sure there going to be bright enough,visual is very important to me.
Davey4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Nah I love the pony package grille! I just want to get HID fog bulbs so they'll match my head lights
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davey4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang
Nah I love the pony package grille! I just want to get HID fog bulbs so they'll match my head lights
Ya I liked mine to,but after two Years i wanted something different.HID's would be fine
Davey4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
let's see those '10-'12 sixxers :) 04TRV6 Pictures and Videos 39 03-29-2012 04:02 PM
MAC ProChamber & V6 Engine robb15033 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 03-25-2012 12:55 AM
2003 Mustang V6 2003SonicBlue 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 03-21-2012 09:09 AM
how to drift in an auto v6 mustang ? killrocker52 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 17 03-20-2012 06:43 PM
15/10 rim? Stang.racr 2005-2010 Mustang GT 24 03-19-2012 07:41 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:12 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.