Convert to GT/CS front or..? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
...use that money elsewhere? Really love the look but not sure if I should go for some other mods first such as suspension, tuner and maybe gears? Just looking to hear some opinions before pulling the trigger..
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Lowering a car can make a huge difference in the look with just stock body and you wouldn't want to drop it too much without the new bumper on first so you don't scrape the s*** out of it on every bump lol. It's up to you cause the front facia can change the entire look of a car quickly. Up to you and your preference on looks or ride comfortability first
Whitestang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Nevermind all haha. Couldn't wait. Just going with the regular gt front w/o the cs valence, saleen grille, cdc rear decklid, 8000k hid's, and get all my lights painted. Should be done or just about done with all my cosmetic stuff then (get it out of the way) so I can start saving for the fun performance stuff. Tuner, gears, eibach sportline suspension and a little upgrade w/ my exhaust will be next. Hope to get all that done within a month or so..

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang93
Lowering a car can make a huge difference in the look with just stock body and you wouldn't want to drop it too much without the new bumper on first so you don't scrape the s*** out of it on every bump lol. It's up to you cause the front facia can change the entire look of a car quickly. Up to you and your preference on looks or ride comfortability first
I've got eibach pro-kit springs now but theres still a bit of a gap that i don't like with my 18inch saleens. Will be going with sportlines soon when i get the funds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
[QUOTE="CYCLON37"]Nevermind all haha. Couldn't wait. Just going with the regular gt front w/o the cs valence, saleen grille, cdc rear decklid, 8000k hid's, and get all my lights painted. Should be done or just about done with all my cosmetic stuff then (get it out of the way) so I can start saving for the fun performance stuff. Tuner, gears, eibach sportline suspension and a little upgrade w/ my exhaust will be next. Hope to get all that done within a month or so..

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

That sounds awesome! Have fun with it. Post pictures too!
Whitestang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, and don't worry, I know everyone loves pics!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Convert to GT/CS front or..?

Your cars build up is a blast to watch, your doing some very tasteful mods. Thats gonna look hot and i can only imagine whats next performance wise lol do u spend your money on anything else!...you coulda got a gt! Lmao i guess upgrading things is half the fun for some of us
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Your cars build up is a blast to watch, your doing some very tasteful mods. Thats gonna look hot and i can only imagine whats next performance wise lol do u spend your money on anything else!...you coulda got a gt! Lmao i guess upgrading things is half the fun for some of us
Haha! All my mods have been from my deployment money and now I got my tax money in. My dad owes me about $2000 which is where my performance mods will come in. As soon as he pays me lol. After that I probably won't be doing much, just slowly saving for the supercharger I guess. But yes, upgrading is all the fun! Actually trying to get on another deployment. If so, hello procharger!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Convert to GT/CS front or..?

you an probably do a cheaper version if you can find someone local with a GT front bumper for sale in your color, then buy the boss add on or cs add on for the bottom~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
you an probably do a cheaper version if you can find someone local with a GT front bumper for sale in your color, then buy the boss add on or cs add on for the bottom~
I tried looking around but nothing :/ but found in on newtakeoff for about $400 shipped in grabber.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

I tried looking around but nothing :/ but found in on newtakeoff for about $400 shipped in grabber.
I almost told you about that site but then someone else told you about the roush takeoffs (I think) and it was way cheaper. We're they out of stock there?

Also the CDC deck lid you were talking about, that is blackout panel? Or spoiler?

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
+1 you have a very tastefully modded car. Tbh I would do the wheels a little differently but the Saleens look good and it is your car not mine lol.

Not to take away from the rest of the car, the total package is BA!!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Btw, can't go wrong with the GT front bumper and CS lower fascia, it's a great look

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Great minds think alike! I'm about to redo my front end also. Gt bumper, boss/cs valence, and Saleen grille. The bumper is a bummer tho I was all excited to get it for 200$ on rousch performance but then realized its another 200 for shipping but oh well, can't seem to find it anywhere cheaper. Haven't ordered the parts yet but I'll hopefully have it complete within 2 weeks. As always I'll be posting pics as well!

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

I almost told you about that site but then someone else told you about the roush takeoffs (I think) and it was way cheaper. We're they out of stock there?

Also the CDC deck lid you were talking about, that is blackout panel? Or spoiler?

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

+1 you have a very tastefully modded car. Tbh I would do the wheels a little differently but the Saleens look good and it is your car not mine lol.

Not to take away from the rest of the car, the total package is BA!!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Btw, can't go wrong with the GT front bumper and CS lower fascia, it's a great look
They we're out of stock on the roush site. And it's the blackout panel. Thanks for the compliments man! Much appreciated. Just wana get all this cosmetic stuff out of they way so I can start on the performance mods!

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem48
Great minds think alike! I'm about to redo my front end also. Gt bumper, boss/cs valence, and Saleen grille. The bumper is a bummer tho I was all excited to get it for 200$ on rousch performance but then realized its another 200 for shipping but oh well, can't seem to find it anywhere cheaper. Haven't ordered the parts yet but I'll hopefully have it complete within 2 weeks. As always I'll be posting pics as well!
Haha nice man!! I'm gonna wait on the cs valence for now rather spend that money on a tuner for now. But it should look great! And $200 shipping? for me it was going to be $100 but they we're out of stock. newtakeoff has them $400shipped. Haven't been able to find much better then that. Can't wait to see yours when it's done!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Roush charges 200 for the bumper and another 200 for shipping, at least for me, I'm in jersey. And yea I've seen them on new takeoff.com for $400 shipped so it doesn't make a difference where I get it from. I'll get the valence w/o fog lights from American muscle. I want the fog lights but they are a whole other (and expensive) story for a v6 that doesn't have stock fogs but I'll definitely be saving up for them

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Nevermind all haha. Couldn't wait. Just going with the regular gt front w/o the cs valence, saleen grille, cdc rear decklid, 8000k hid's, and get all my lights painted. Should be done or just about done with all my cosmetic stuff then (get it out of the way) so I can start saving for the fun performance stuff. Tuner, gears, eibach sportline suspension and a little upgrade w/ my exhaust will be next. Hope to get all that done within a month or so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2533347335.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	460.4 KB
ID:	46037I love the way the Saleen Grille looks on the GT bumper. Who needs fog lights anyway? Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

I love the way the Saleen Grille looks on the GT bumper. Who needs fog lights anyway? Lol
Thanks for the pic! It looks nice. As much as I love the cs valence, it's nice w/o it too
Old 04-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #16
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:

Thanks for the pic! It looks nice. As much as I love the cs valence, it's nice w/o it too
I think it looks tougher w/o. All business, no bs!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang