Side Badging - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Zeph Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 8
Side Badging

Being as I have a V6, I'm obviously lacking any badge and it makes the side look a little plain (even with the tape stripes). I know I could get the 3.7 badge but I'm personally not a huge fan. Nor am I a fan of the Pony emblem on the side because a lot of Mustangs have it.

So I've realized one of the things I like a lot about the Camaro is it's named side badge. Thoughts on taking the Camaro font and turning it into Mustang then putting it on the side, Camaro style? Did a quick photoshop mock up of what it could look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	side-badge.jpg
Views:	2098
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	46729  
Zeph Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
I say something more like the old school mustang lettering
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Personally, I'm not a fan of emblems and badges all over the car. I like the clean look. Think it takes attention away from the car. I want people looking at my car, not my emblems. Just my opinion though
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
fordfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 607
Go to a car swapmeet or buy some of the classic mustang side emblem kits. I am personally fond of the 69 script logo
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: Side Badging

Does your tape stripe have the mustang word in it? Keep that in mind. I like my pony badges but the fact that each wheel cap has the logo too is annoying...i get it..its a mustang lol

Just dont add that transformers logo :p
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
fordfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Does your tape stripe have the mustang word in it? Keep that in mind. I like my pony badges but the fact that each wheel cap has the logo too is annoying...i get it..its a mustang lol

Just dont add that transformers logo :p
If you add the transformers logo go decepticon remember the saleen from the first movie
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 225
Keep it with no badge. I hate when people add emblems that dont even come on the car. Just my 2 cents.
iwalkaline58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Zeph Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 8
Re: Side Badging

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Does your tape stripe have the mustang word in it? Keep that in mind. I like my pony badges but the fact that each wheel cap has the logo too is annoying...i get it..its a mustang lol

Just dont add that transformers logo :p
Nah, the tape stripe is plain. The blue mustang in the picture is mine. All good thoughts guys. Thanks.

..but no transformers logo? dang!
Zeph Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Side Badging

my 12 has no badge, the only one I would really consider would be the running pony, nothing else will look good there to me. The word "MUSTANG" is visually to long side to side vs top/bottom so it messes the view up at least for me~

I agree with you on the 3.7, nice idea but I just dont like the result on the car~
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6pwny12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 92
I don't plan on badging up my stang, but since she's been dubed the Black Pearl; I'm thinking of a matte black jolly rodger on the gas cap
V6pwny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 184
Re: Side Badging

I personally have the 3.7 badges and I think it helps the car out a lot. The grabber blue can be alittle overwhelming and some small badges I think breaks it up very nice. Just my 2 cents
GrabberBlue305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue305
I personally have the 3.7 badges and I think it helps the car out a lot. The grabber blue can be alittle overwhelming and some small badges I think breaks it up very nice. Just my 2 cents
+1 I need a stripe on the side but I hate the rocker stripes
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:45 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Side Badging

I think any badge you put on there would be good. Agree that it might take away from the curves, but I think most folks expect something in the fender location. With that said, don't put something there the Pony is not...but I like the Mustang idea like the that image you posted...

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa...ZZ-16098-A.jpg
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
I think any badge you put on there would be good. Agree that it might take away from the curves, but I think most folks expect something in the fender location. With that said, don't put something there the Pony is not...but I like the Mustang idea like the that image you posted...

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa...ZZ-16098-A.jpg
Yeah put a vtec badge on!
iwalkaline58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwalkaline58

Yeah put a vtec badge on!
please don't lol

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

That just reminded me... I saw a nissan altima the other day with a GTR emblem on it. Damn I shoulda took a pic...
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: Side Badging

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
please don't lol

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

That just reminded me... I saw a nissan altima the other day with a GTR emblem on it. Damn I shoulda took a pic...
you sure it wasnt an SER badge? They look very similar.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig

you sure it wasnt an SER badge? They look very similar.
Oh, I'm definitely sure lol
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Watchawow07SGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 171
U could put the powered by ford badges. I think it's a clean looking badge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3056799528.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	47320  
Watchawow07SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: Side Badging

Lol i like nissans, im sad to hear there is such an idiot out there.

And the powered by ford idea...love that. I hate ford badging on mustangs but that particular one is great
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
CurbRash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwalkaline58

Yeah put a vtec badge on!
No no, a Ti-VCT badge! And a really big aluminum wing.
__________________
2012 V6 Premium
w/Performance Package
Kona Blue + Saddle Brown
CurbRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
soccerfreak2143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Indiana
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph Fire
Being as I have a V6, I'm obviously lacking any badge and it makes the side look a little plain (even with the tape stripes). I know I could get the 3.7 badge but I'm personally not a huge fan. Nor am I a fan of the Pony emblem on the side because a lot of Mustangs have it.

So I've realized one of the things I like a lot about the Camaro is it's named side badge. Thoughts on taking the Camaro font and turning it into Mustang then putting it on the side, Camaro style? Did a quick photoshop mock up of what it could look like.
I actually really like it. It probably wouldn't look good on every mustang, but I think it fits well. Go for it!
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #22
Registered User
Newbie
 
Zeph Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchawow07SGT
U could put the powered by ford badges. I think it's a clean looking badge.
I do kind of like that actually!
Zeph Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 225
If i had a 5.0 id take the badge off and replace it with a 3.7 too make people think the v6 is even faster than they think! Wow it really does sound like a v8 people would say! Lol
iwalkaline58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:32 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.