Auto Headlamps - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #36
DLI

Region: Canada
Re: Auto Headlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Did you get the factory housings and ballasts too? That must have cost you a bunch....probably not the $900 i paid to have the car come with it from factory though.

I found out that my daytime driving if my headlights are on auto, only my fog lights stay on and act as my drl's it looks pretty neat. I wonder if automatic mustangs with factory hid behave the same.
I bought the lights used on Ebay from a salvage yard in Alabama. I paid 412 $ delivered to Canada. A new set of OEM HID lights run about 900$ on Ebay . I bought my Mustang used from a Ford dealer and it was the one option missing that I really wanted ( HID's).

I totally agree that it's better to order the car equipped with HID option as it's much easier and cheaper from the factory.( I didn't know when I bought the car that it would be such a headache to retrofit otherwise I would have bought one with the HID's)

From what I understand ; All Canadian Mustangs equipped with HID's use the factory foglights as the DRL's. All Canadian Mustangs equipped with standard halogens' use the low beam headlight filament ( reduced voltage setting) as the DRL's. It does not matter if it's a manual or auto transmission.
DLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLI View Post
I bought the lights used on Ebay from a salvage yard in Alabama. I paid 412 $ delivered to Canada. A new set of OEM HID lights run about 900$ on Ebay . I bought my Mustang used from a Ford dealer and it was the one option missing that I really wanted ( HID's).

I totally agree that it's better to order the car equipped with HID option as it's much easier and cheaper from the factory.( I didn't know when I bought the car that it would be such a headache to retrofit otherwise I would have bought one with the HID's)

From what I understand ; All Canadian Mustangs equipped with HID's use the factory foglights as the DRL's. All Canadian Mustangs equipped with standard halogens' use the low beam headlight filament ( reduced voltage setting) as the DRL's. It does not matter if it's a manual or auto transmission.
Wow! Salvage yard....seems like a very lucky find, welcome to the forums by the way
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
So...what was the verdict on the drl disabling?
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure if this will work, but i put a portugal scarf across my dashboard to celebrate euro2012 games and realized my dash lights were in night mode (my gauges stayed blue usually they go white in daytime) then noticed my headlights were on....maybe just cover the sensor with some electrical tape and problem solved!?
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The verdict was I ended up paying 350 dollars in never going back to that dealership again
killrocker52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Not sure if this will work, but i put a portugal scarf across my dashboard to celebrate euro2012 games and realized my dash lights were in night mode (my gauges stayed blue usually they go white in daytime) then noticed my headlights were on....maybe just cover the sensor with some electrical tape and problem solved!?
My drl are on as soon as I put it in any gear but park. Day or night. -_- I seriously want to just cut the wire but I'm too scared to.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Dude there is no other way u have to go to the dealer the wire you are talking about is for auto headlamps its not related to the drls
killrocker52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

So nothing I that wiring diagram is related to it. Not even the fuse box? Mine was a rental fleet car so idk if that'll affect it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang