New suspension on it's way! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
New suspension on it's way!

Placed an order yesterday w/AM for the eibach sport system plus. Springs, shocks, struts, sway bars. Also ordered MM caster camber plates and a J&M panhard bar. Hoping to handle like a porsche after Will get pics when it's in. Next thing is probably going to be a tuner, which I keep putting off. This car is a money pit..

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

UPS says it'll be here monday. Gotta love AM's fast shipping
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: New suspension on it's way!

The most awesome money pit EVER!!!

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

but seriously post pics. As you saw in my thread I wanna do this as well. let me know how it goes!!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Right on! Are you doing the install?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Its a money pit but from what i remember your a soldier....you deserve much much more but if you can make due with what you have and enjoy it then thats a really good thing. Cant wait to see before/after pics. What wheels are you running? They stick out a little do you use spacers or are they just wider...and are you going to be lowered a bit with the new suspension? Ive had an suv for years on 20s, now with this car im having a hard time seeing room for a lower stance! Oh and whats a panhard bar? I saw it on AM what does it do?
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
The most awesome money pit EVER!!!

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

but seriously post pics. As you saw in my thread I wanna do this as well. let me know how it goes!!
Don't worry I'll get pics man! The sportlines springs will lower just over 1inch in the front and almost 2inches in the rear so says AM. Should look perfect

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Right on! Are you doing the install?
No, I have a buddy that'll be taking care of it at his shop. Don't have any tools or a place to do the install even if I could :/
Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Its a money pit but from what i remember your a soldier....you deserve much much more but if you can make due with what you have and enjoy it then thats a really good thing. Cant wait to see before/after pics. What wheels are you running? They stick out a little do you use spacers or are they just wider...and are you going to be lowered a bit with the new suspension? Ive had an suv for years on 20s, now with this car im having a hard time seeing room for a lower stance! Oh and whats a panhard bar? I saw it on AM what does it do?
panhard bars are for the rear suspension. kinda like a strut tower brace but for the rear under the car. attaches to the control arms? under the car to adjust the wheels and alignment and helps to stiffen the rear end for less suspension flex

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Thanks man! And the wheels don't stick out at all. They're perfect. They are saleens 18x9/10. And the panhard rod will align the rear end right. I have the eibach pro-kit springs now and my drivers side wheels sticks out a little further then the passenger side which is more in. The panhard rod will square it away so it's even.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang