2012 V6 Procharger? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #1

Region: Texas
2012 V6 Procharger?

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and I am interested in getting a procharger for my 2012 V6. Just wondering if anyone here has already done this, if so how were the results?

Their website says that the it will boost the flywheel hp up to 475+. Is that legitimate? (yes I know that flywheel is not what makes it to the wheels, but rather the engine output)

Thanks,
Q
qgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Don't think anyone on this forum has it. I should have one in a year though if you can wait that long for an answer? lol. Also, nice rides and welcome!!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
It offers an additional 8 PSI or so, right? I know it's not perfectly linear, but if the air is now 160% or so as dense as it was before, and you can add that much more fuel, and your engine puts out 305HP stock, I wouldn't think that number is outlandish.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The American muscle sixxer that had the same kit put 429 to the wheels... or something near there
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
The American muscle sixxer that had the same kit put 429 to the wheels... or something near there
Nice. That sounds legit! Ill look into it
Old 04-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
It was 400/340 to the wheels on 6psi. Not bad but I was disappointed on the 1/4mile time of 12.47 I believe?? I know it was on street tires but stock sixers do around 13.9+/-, and I've seen a 6 w/ cold air, gears and tune on street tires do 13.1ish about. So all that extra power and only .6secs off? But with tune and gears it's a full second almost? Idk, I guess it's limited on street tires but I was expecting a bit better. Or am I crazy and those numbers sound pretty good? lol

Either way, I plan on getting the procharger soon. That's about the power I'd like to make in my 6. I personally don't need more then that. Just enough to keep up with stock and lightly modded 5.0's, and I'd be happy I say that now anyway haha
Old 04-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Do turbos provide more torque than superchargers?

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 04-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
No!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005
Do turbos provide more torque than superchargers?
No, superchargers provide more hp and torque than the turbos do. However they are also harder on your engine. Pros and cons!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
a turbo will make more hp per lb of boost hands down. the turbo is more efficient because its using the exhaust gasses to drive it. as where a s/c is engine driven which robs hp through parastatic drag. and yes because of the extra drag on the crank there is more wear with a s/c setup. but i would take either
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
a turbo will make more hp per lb of boost hands down. the turbo is more efficient because its using the exhaust gasses to drive it. as where a s/c is engine driven which robs hp through parastatic drag. and yes because of the extra drag on the crank there is more wear with a s/c setup. but i would take either
+1. And it'll be running full boost much quicker then a supercharger will. Despite what everyone says about turbo lag... That being said, the procharger is a great price imo. But would like to see some turbo kits come out, sooner rather then later!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I always thought the turbo was preferable because you got more power quicker and weren't "robbing" from Peter to pay Paul, as it were. TBT, I would love to have either but don't know enough about either to feel comfortable running them.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: 2012 V6 Procharger?

I am on here. I put down 461 RWHP on 9lbs and exhaust. But you only hit 9lbs the last few RPM. It will make 430 RWHP on stock exhaust.

The gear ratios of the MT-82 Manual tranny are terrible for drag racing. I have power to hit 11's but either spin the tires or break drive-line parts.

I don't want to open a can of turbo vs centri supercharger worms. But everyone seems to forget the turbos run much hotter. This is a huge loss in efficiency. Thus negating any real advantage. And they only make more boost per lb versus a PD blower but not a centrifugal. A centri is just a belt driven turbo.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
they run hotter but doesnt the intercooler bring the temp back down?
351mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351mustanggt View Post
they run hotter but doesnt the intercooler bring the temp back down?
Yes but only so much per given volume. So if both had the same size intercooler you would start with hotter air you would still end up with hotter air.

Larger intercoolers would most likely have a pressure drop. Also not all intercoolers are created equal.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Is the new pro-charger the only SP that will fit the 3.7? Can anything else be modified to fit the 3.7?
GrabberBlue305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #17
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
AFM has one for sale around $4000 I believe

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:34 PM   #18

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Kona_Blue View Post
I am on here. I put down 461 RWHP on 9lbs and exhaust. But you only hit 9lbs the last few RPM. It will make 430 RWHP on stock exhaust.

The gear ratios of the MT-82 Manual tranny are terrible for drag racing. I have power to hit 11's but either spin the tires or break drive-line parts.

I don't want to open a can of turbo vs centri supercharger worms. But everyone seems to forget the turbos run much hotter. This is a huge loss in efficiency. Thus negating any real advantage. And they only make more boost per lb versus a PD blower but not a centrifugal. A centri is just a belt driven turbo.
This is on 93 octane?
3sevenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Kona_Blue View Post
Come on man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:12 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sevenguy View Post
This is on 93 octane?
I appreciate you using the search feature, but this thread is over 5 years old...
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:14 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
I appreciate you using the search feature, but this thread is over 5 years old...
I referenced a 5 year old thread the other day.
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:37 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I referenced a 5 year old thread the other day.
i guess step 1 was get people to use the search feature. Step 2 is define the statue of limitations haha.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:16 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Turbos do run hotter but are actually far more efficient than belt driven superchargers, not the other way around since they use heat to make boost and are limited mostly to thier own airflow (internal compressor/turbine flow) and exhaust size, where your belt driven SC are not only limited to thier airflow but also the patasitic loss off the motor.

You need (except in the most basic SC kit) intercoolers for both turbo and SC applications since both are hindered by heat soak of the charge air temps.

Uncork a wastegate and your turbo will attempt and often exceed thier max boost capability, dangerous yes, but highly efficient.
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
3.7Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
i guess step 1 was get people to use the search feature. Step 2 is define the statue of limitations haha.
Lol
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2012 v6