Short Throw Shifter - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Short Throw Shifter

Does anyone have a new shifter?? And if so which one did you get and does it help with shifting?? I bought the new bracket from Barton under the car but is it worth going and getting the shifter as well? Ours is quiet short already.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I installed the hurst short throw about 4 months ago. The throw is definitely tighter and shorter. It makes changing gears much faster, but as for easiness, it's definitely a learning curve since the gears are so close together. Once you get used to it tho it's clean quick and fun. I would never go back to the stock shifter after getting used to the short throw

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012
Does anyone have a new shifter?? And if so which one did you get and does it help with shifting?? I bought the new bracket from Barton under the car but is it worth going and getting the shifter as well? Ours is quiet short already.
I put the pro 5.0 on a month ago. U can't miss 3rd if you try. Thro on stock was fine, just wouldn't go into 3rd at high rpms. Been driving sticks 35yrs was starting to think it was me. It's the POS shifters.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

I put the pro 5.0 on a month ago. U can't miss 3rd if you try. Thro on stock was fine, just wouldn't go into 3rd at high rpms. Been driving sticks 35yrs was starting to think it was me. It's the POS shifters.
Glad you said that... I was starting to think my tranny was one of the crappy ones! I need a shifter!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have the Barton bracket, shifter, and shift knob and couldn't be happier. I also used to miss third in the high rpms and I've driven nothing but manuals. The new shifter is always spot on and never a doubt as to if you are in gear or not. The throws are very short and quick and feels very solid. It does take some getting used to because its a very mechanical "click click" feel versus a smooth shift but its awesome once you get the hang of it. And looks good too. Have gotten a lot of compliments
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488
I have the Barton bracket, shifter, and shift knob and couldn't be happier. I also used to miss third in the high rpms and I've driven nothing but manuals. The new shifter is always spot on and never a doubt as to if you are in gear or not. The throws are very short and quick and feels very solid. It does take some getting used to because its a very mechanical "click click" feel versus a smooth shift but its awesome once you get the hang of it. And looks good too. Have gotten a lot of compliments
Yes!!!! Lost my first race ever in the new 12 last night because I missed third ( it was also against a Yamaha 1100.... but I was staying with him! Until I hit my governor, my tuner comes today) I love that click click feel I miss it from my tri-ax in the 03 I had... I will be buying a Barton!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang