Will axle backs and a cai void waranty if there is no tune? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Will axle backs and a cai void waranty if there is no tune?

It's wondering thinking about getting both but now sure yet
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
It didnt void mine
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
It will ONLY void warranty IF the dealer can prove that the part you installed is what caused the failure of said part.

With that said I have never heard of axlebacks voiding warranty as well as a decent CAI. But a crappy filter if it lets in too much dirt and that is the cause of failure then even that can void warranty. Not likely to happen though

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: Will axle backs and a cai void waranty if there is no tune?

Axlebacks are a worry-free issue. No way that will ever be grounds for voiding any powertrain warranty. I suppose if they were loud as hell and rattled stuff loose in your car, Ford might not replace some cosmetic things that were damaged...?

CAI is at your own risk. Shouldn't cause an issue, but since you are directly "tampering" with the engine, it's one of the mods listed on the checklist if there are any issues.

That said, I took my Mustang to the dealership last week to reflash the PCM, and they didn't say a second word about the CAI. They asked me if I had a chip in it and said it was good that I didn't since the reflash would screw it up, but when I told them I had a tuner to adjust for gears, they couldn't care less.

In fact, they were trying to sell me on letting their mechanic tune my Stang! If your dealership is Mustang-friendly, you'll be fine with any standard mods.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

I asked my dealer about installing axlebacks and they do it all the time. He said it does not affect the warranty at all.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
It will ONLY void warranty IF the dealer can prove that the part you installed is what caused the failure of said part.
sadly thats not 100% true, its very convoluted in how it all works, they can pretty much void it for just about anything they want. Generally speaking axle backs will be fine, you can always ask.... but then you lose the ability to use the "I didnt know" if something comes up. They are also VERY easy to swap back out for the stock ones if needed.

Since they are at the very back of the car and dont impact anything else really most dealers dont care, heck most dealers see it i am sure regularly~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Do a little bit of networking. Go to the ford dealer and pick one service advisor and make him your buddy. Always see that same guy. Let him know you been comming there for years and your always happy with their service and that you ALWAYS fill out the survey and you ALWAYS leave it 100% positive. When you go in, bring some doughnuts for the guy. Make some small talk with him, whatever, just work it a little bit. In reality, it's up to them weather or not they want to void your warranty. They dont really gain or lose much by voiding your warranty, a couple of hours of service maybe. I think they have more to gain by getting 100% positive review. Make it really difficult for them to want to disappoint you.

On the other hand if you walk in off the street and act like a d1ck and cause a scene like I have seen some people do before, of course they will void the warranty for any little thing, rather than deal with you.

There can be a big difference when it comes to the factory warranty. I have seen them cover things for my buddy's 02 Roush with a KenneBell Blowzilla strapped to it with a long list of other aftermarket parts.

I have seen them void my other friend's warranty for farting in the driver's seat. We call him the AWG (angry white guy). Needless to say, he has problems when he takes his car in.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Excellent advice,
If you are smart you will stick with the same SA you started with. Ask for them when you check in for service, Remember their name, Brag about your car. (shows you love and care a lot for it)
Ask your sale's person if they can recommend a SA they like and ask for them when you need to go in for service. The sales people know which one's that are better for their customers if they need to work with them.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai