SCT vs DIABLO - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
SCT vs DIABLO

Which is better I have a friend k wanna know what I'm talking about. Compare and contrast. I'd say SCT bc I have one. What do y'all think? I can't really compare bc difference in years and different tuners I have a 2000 v6 with SCT tuner, he has a 2012 v6 and looking for ideal best tuners. I picked out of these to. He also was looking at bull dog O.o confused?
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
The tuners do pretty much the same thing. It's the tune on them that can be different per vehicle I.e... A sct and a diablo tuner can have a bama tune, bbr tune, brenspeed or other custom tunes
Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Road Trip!

What about tuning on trucks? Like chevy silvers and ford f's and rams? Are those exactly the same? Do they have the same program as SCT in american muscle has? And come with 3 custom tunes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

They all do relatively the same thing. Adjust shift points on auto trannys, adjust rev limiter and top end limiter. Turn off or on traction control. You could make corrections after tire size swaps or gear swaps. Our cars also need them in some of the cold air intake kits. Some programmers and tuners will fit more years and models of vehicles but I know my diablo was listed for only 05-06 gt's

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

If you go through am they offer the sct with three bama tunes, if you go through late model restoration they offer sct with a bbr( blow by racing) tune. Sct is just super chips custom tuner and just stores what somebody else put in their box
Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
They all do relatively the same thing. Adjust shift points on auto trannys, adjust rev limiter and top end limiter. Turn off or on traction control. You could make corrections after tire size swaps or gear swaps. Our cars also need them in some of the cold air intake kits. Some programmers and tuners will fit more years and models of vehicles but I know my diablo was listed for only 05-06 gt's

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

If you go through am they offer the sct with three bama tunes, if you go through late model restoration they offer sct with a bbr( blow by racing) tune. Sct is just super chips custom tuner and just stores what somebody else put in their box
Whats blow by racing?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

They sell performance parts. Check our their website. They are pretty good.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Both do the same things!.. I have a DiabloSport Preditor for my '04 GT and love it!.. But if you look around you'll see that most shops prefer to use SCT!.. That's because they say the software is easier to use!.. Both are solid products!.. It just really depends on the individual tunes that are put on them!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
They sell performance parts. Check our their website. They are pretty good.
I'm sorry but check who out?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout

I'm sorry but check who out?
Blow by racing lol
Old 05-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:

Blow by racing lol
I'm slow today.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: SCT vs DIABLO

Yah in the end the tuners all do the same thing...the tuning software and the people doing the tuning is what separates them from one another.

I prefer SCT over Diablosport..just an easier interface to work with and you really can't beat the free tunes for life from AM. But I've hard good things about Diablo tuning too.

Most tuners lock to your vehicle so you can't use them to tune on other cars. I believe the custom tuners always lock specifically to your vehicle. A guy I work with had a canned Cortex for his F250 and it could be used on other vehicles.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I'm using a USED tuner. If the vehicles are similar you can return one car back to stock and use the tune on another car. Mine and his car was mod for mod identical and the same year
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr View Post
I'm using a USED tuner. If the vehicles are similar you can return one car back to stock and use the tune on another car. Mine and his car was mod for mod identical and the same year
Yah you can return the car to the stock tune which releases the tuner and allows it to be used on another vehicle.

Some canned tuners like that Cortex I mentioned don't have to be returned to stock since they aren't locked to begin with.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Excuse the off beat question, but does a tuner set your top speed higher and works stuff with a new limit or just reworks the shifts in the 125 mph cut off?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning
Excuse the off beat question, but does a tuner set your top speed higher and works stuff with a new limit or just reworks the shifts in the 125 mph cut off?
If your asking, "Can you turn off your speed limiter with a tuner?.." The answer is yes you can!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Most of the tuners use the SCT so it is generally preferred since you have more options for getting a tune over the Diablo. They both do the same thing and work as well, it is just harder to find someone to do the Diable tune for you.

Once you use the SCT on a car it "marries" to the car. The tuner can't be used on a different car until the first one is set back to stock. Setting the first car back to stock will unlock the SCT.

BUT you can't then just use the SCT on a similarly equipped Mustang. Each PCM has its own code and the tune is written for that code. So the cars may be exactly the same for options, but if the first car had a PCM code of E0TGX and the second car has a PCM code of FP9C then the tune will not run on the second car and will cause your stock tune to become corrupted - meaning you can't set it back to stock and end up with a flat bed trip to the Ford dealer to have the PCM reflashed.

The tuner will leave various options open and others will be closed to you; at least on SCT. So the tuner is capable of leaving everything open and you can change spark, air/fuel, top speed, rev limit for neutral and in gear, shift points and pressure -- it all depends upon the parameters the tuner is willing to leave open. I have one tune I can access nearly everything, but 2 tunes are locked down so all I can change is the rev limiters, shift pressure, limited MPH adjustment on the shifts, tire revs per mile and rear end gear.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
So tuners can give you huge possibilities. And huge gains from what I read. I just didn't want to dump 300 in a tuner if it just made my power and better with the 125 limit. The gears are already close enough.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang