Got a tap in rear end today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Got a tap in rear end today

I am making a right onto a very busy street, look into my rear view and notice a mazda 3 stopped behind. 5 seconds later i get jolted forward...by the mazda who accidentally slammed the gas pedal. Apparently the woman was distracted by her baby. I got out of my car and she was all around the baby not getting her insurance out. She saw i was serious and cooperated. She kept blaming her baby yet had i not been in her way she woulda went right into traffic and got t-boned. Of course she ignored what i was saying.

I have a $500 deductible so if damage is under that (most likely yes) i gotta pay for it. If so im getting a roush rear valence, can it fit with stock exhaust till i upgrade later?

Heres some pics, damage isnt very noticeable, but i cant live with it, the cars 2 months and 1 day old.

THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPEND IF SHE DROVE A MANUAL.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
You shouldn't have to pay anything...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lol. That's funny. ( at the end not what happened) but yes the valence should fit fine. And she should pay for it. She should quit using her own child as a excuse. If the kid needed anything she should've pulled over and takin care of it.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Got a tap in rear end today

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
You shouldn't have to pay anything...
Yeah im confused. ive got a friend whose been in many accidents and he said if its less than my deductible ($500) i have to pay. Im in Canada. I have 8 years perfect driving and ive never been hit by anyone. I already gave my insurer the info and calling the shop tommorow for an appointment with the adjuster. Her insurance company is same as mine so theyll probably do whatever they can to rule in her favour. Sucks because im the one with the dinged car, had to wait on hold with insurance and do all this crap and none of it is my fault whatsoever. Yet she gets to go on her merry way, not a care in the world but that damn baby. Because nobody else is important. Even if people were walking through that pedestrian crossing she slammed through.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012 View Post
Lol. That's funny. ( at the end not what happened) but yes the valence should fit fine. And she should pay for it. She should quit using her own child as a excuse. If the kid needed anything she should've pulled over and takin care of it.
Whats hilarious is grandma was in passenger seat. I think she was texting and using the baby as an excuse. I dont care i just want the damage fixed back to original!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Yeah im confused. ive got a friend whose been in many accidents and he said if its less than my deductible ($500) i have to pay. Im in Canada. I have 8 years perfect driving and ive never been hit by anyone. I already gave my insurer the info and calling the shop tommorow for an appointment with the adjuster. Her insurance company is same as mine so theyll probably do whatever they can to rule in her favour. Sucks because im the one with the dinged car, had to wait on hold with insurance and do all this crap and none of it is my fault whatsoever. Yet she gets to go on her merry way, not a care in the world but that damn baby. Because nobody else is important. Even if people were walking through that pedestrian crossing she slammed through.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Whats hilarious is grandma was in passenger seat. I think she was texting and using the baby as an excuse. I dont care i just want the damage fixed back to original!
Amen! She should have to the pay her dedctuable. Good thing is you got the same company, probably a different agent, but that doesn't matter much since the big company underwrites the policy. I have love hate relationship with insurance. I love that I have it, I hate the technical aspect of it.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Dam man sorry to hear that sucks and ya you shouldn't have to pay even if you guys have The same insurance but it coulda been worse I got rear ended and had to chase the lady cuz she tried running and she was drunker than a skunk but good thing your alright man!
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Dude that really sucks... It sucks even worse that the value of the car just dropped because of it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Dude that really sucks... It sucks even worse that the value of the car just dropped because of it.
It won't drop any on account of that. The equipment they use now is much better.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

None of this would have happened if they didn't require the use of front license plates, so it's Canada's fault! All kidding aside, that does suck.

And I have to ask- Was she hot? (Like I'm the only one wondering)
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

She was gorgeous. Lol

I got it all solved guys the body shop said i wasnt at fault and she has to pay, insurance is involved but she called me and wants to pay for it. Regardless the stang will be at the shop tommorow. They need to replace the plastic lower piece. There is a tiny scuff in the paint but they said it will buff right out. But if it doesnt they will repaint the bumper next week. If the bumper doesnt need a repaint they will have it done tomorrow. Itll cost $400 for the plastic, $750 if painting is required. Regardless $0 out of my pocket besides the time on phone and lost lunch break.

For the record she called me and admitted fault, offered to pay. She was very kind which is why i revoked my final statements in the first post. This is very costly to fix though so guys...be careful not to back into things!

As for the front plates...dont get me started. Friggin canada, eh.

Thanks for your sympathies guys! Coulda been alot worse but looks like itll all work out and my car should be back to spec for the canadian long weekend, friggin canada!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Glad things are turning out ok. Maybe you can get a better valence out of it?

Since everything seems to be going in the right direction, let's talk about important things- The chick. Haha I'm bad, I know.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Nah. no valence, didnt want to throw a wrench in this jam I just want my car fixed.

as for the girl I didnt get a super good look at her, I was more worried about my car. I've got a pretty good looking girl at home, whose a nurse...lol
Old 05-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
I am making a right onto a very busy street, look into my rear view and notice a mazda 3 stopped behind. 5 seconds later i get jolted forward...by the mazda who accidentally slammed the gas pedal. Apparently the woman was distracted by her baby. I got out of my car and she was all around the baby not getting her insurance out. She saw i was serious and cooperated. She kept blaming her baby yet had i not been in her way she woulda went right into traffic and got t-boned. Of course she ignored what i was saying.

I have a $500 deductible so if damage is under that (most likely yes) i gotta pay for it. If so im getting a roush rear valence, can it fit with stock exhaust till i upgrade later?

Heres some pics, damage isnt very noticeable, but i cant live with it, the cars 2 months and 1 day old.

THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPEND IF SHE DROVE A MANUAL.
Why is your insurance paying for it and now hers? And got dang that sucks happened to me a while ago also but there was no damage done

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP

Why is your insurance paying for it and now hers? And got dang that sucks happened to me a while ago also but there was no damage done
Nvm haha just read the rest of the thread
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah be careful with rear enders. My girilfriends buick got bumped last year she saw no damage to rear end and didnt take their info, then i noticed small cracks on bumper on left and right side from the impact
Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Update.....got the stang back today all fixed up! Cost $402 which the girl came in and paid for. Back to normal
Old 05-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hooray!!!! I bet that feels a lot better!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang