Anyone have front windshield tint? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Anyone have front windshield tint?

Hey was just wondering if anyone had tinted their whole windshield and what % did you go with? I'm thinking about doing 35 I have 35 on everything else with a 5 sun strip
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Anyone have front windshield tint?

Nope... But I've got a friend who told me I should do that, but it's only street legal to tint the visor area in my state (NC) and not the entire front windshield.
v6MustangGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP
Hey was just wondering if anyone had tinted their whole windshield and what % did you go with? I'm thinking about doing 35 I have 35 on everything else with a 5 sun strip
Yikes 35 might get you in some trouble. But definitely get some tint up there. Glass Tiger Tinting in Liburn did a good job for me!
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Yikes 35 might get you in some trouble. But definitely get some tint up there. Glass Tiger Tinting in Liburn did a good job for me!
Ok I'll have check them out I'm still surprised you still haven't been pulled over for your 20 but I am debating 35 or not because I don't want to have to take it off but I'm not sure yet

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MustangGurl
Nope... But I've got a friend who told me I should do that, but it's only street legal to tint the visor area in my state (NC) and not the entire front windshield.
That would be sick on yours with the color you have
Old 05-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MustangGurl
They got clear tint now that blocks 100% of heat UVA/UVB and it reduces glare. It's amazing they showed it to me when I got mine. Shoulda done it. Cops wouldn't have a clue.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They got clear tint now that blocks 100% of heat UVA/UVB and it reduces glare. It's amazing they showed it to me when I got mine. Shoulda done it. Cops wouldn't have a clue.
Are you talking about the 80air tint?
Old 05-20-2012, 04:37 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
I have mine just a bit not to dark because my eyes are really sensitive to the sun my friends call me dracula because I work at nigths and went I drive in day ligth I put on sunglasses all the time that's why I tint my front glass
pepitochulo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ok I'll have check them out I'm still surprised you still haven't been pulled over for your 20 but I am debating 35 or not because I don't want to have to take it off but I'm not sure yet

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

That would be sick on yours with the color you have
I was pulled over twice in 8 months with my 20% tint. First time, cop gave me a warning, and the second cop wrote me a $150 ticket. After that, I took it to Elite Auto Spa here in ATL where it was originally tinted, got them to take off the 20 and replace with 35. You can tell it's a little lighter, but I still have my portholes and rear windshield with 20.

Tinting your front windshield would be a cop magnet, IMO.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Are you talking about the 80air tint?
I don't know what's it's called to be honest. All I know is I shoulda done it.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

I was pulled over twice in 8 months with my 20% tint. First time, cop gave me a warning, and the second cop wrote me a $150 ticket. After that, I took it to Elite Auto Spa here in ATL where it was originally tinted, got them to take off the 20 and replace with 35. You can tell it's a little lighter, but I still have my portholes and rear windshield with 20.

Tinting your front windshield would be a cop magnet, IMO.
Ouch. I've never been pulled over for tint. I called Elite auto spa they were real nice it's off north side right?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Got pulled over in my jag for dark tint. Granted it was 3% all around so the Cop had a reason lol. Paid $110 ticket still didn't get it removed though. Have 5% all around on the stang. Don't really get in trouble unless I go out of town in the car. (most local cops know me already lol, not sure if thats a good or bad thing).
Watchawow07SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have 20% on the back and quarter windows. 35% driver and pass. Previous owner has the mustang pony visor tint that's also 35%.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepitochulo69
I have mine just a bit not to dark because my eyes are really sensitive to the sun my friends call me dracula because I work at nigths and went I drive in day ligth I put on sunglasses all the time that's why I tint my front glass
Do you know what percent yours is?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't know what's it's called to be honest. All I know is I shoulda done it.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Ouch. I've never been pulled over for tint. I called Elite auto spa they were real nice it's off north side right?
Correct. It's right on the corner, and it looks like a shack, but they do good work. Lifetime warranty.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 05-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Correct. It's right on the corner, and it looks like a shack, but they do good work. Lifetime warranty.
Actually, I got a groupon for $75.00 to some place way over in North Gwinnett to start with. The guy always had an excuse as to why he couldn't do it. I called Glass tiger first, and just got a good impression, but Elite was my seccond choice.

Anyway, I love my tint and can't stand not having the windshield done up! No issues with my 20% its all legal. I'm thinking about the clear stuff. I don't need to be any darker. But something to help the glare.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Actually, I got a groupon for $75.00 to some place way over in North Gwinnett to start with. The guy always had an excuse as to why he couldn't do it. I called Glass tiger first, and just got a good impression, but Elite was my seccond choice.

Anyway, I love my tint and can't stand not having the windshield done up! No issues with my 20% its all legal. I'm thinking about the clear stuff. I don't need to be any darker. But something to help the glare.
20% legal? I think GA is 32% all around, but I was just unlucky enough to get pulled over for it.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

20% legal? I think GA is 32% all around, but I was just unlucky enough to get pulled over for it.
He got a medical waiver for it
Old 05-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #17
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

He got a medical waiver for it
True. Anyone can with a little help from a Dr. I'm on her good side I suppose.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

True. Anyone can with a little help from a Dr. I'm on her good side I suppose.
Hook me up
Old 05-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #19
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Hook me up
Just go to your eye Dr. and say you've noticed extreme light sensitivity, or do you have a family history of skin cancer, or other sun related illnesses? I don't think you'd get in trouble for 20.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just go to your eye Dr. and say you've noticed extreme light sensitivity, or do you have a family history of skin cancer, or other sun related illnesses? I don't think you'd get in trouble for 20.
Where do you get the sheet?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
nice, am gonna try that , anyways I migth go to the eye clinic anyways because lately went am driving at nigth the uncoming ligths make me dizy and can keep my eyes focus because of the ligths in my eyes
pepitochulo69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang