Flowmaster Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Flowmaster Exhaust

I am looking at getting these from AM. Flowmaster Force II Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust(2011-2013 V6) 817497 - Free Shipping!
I am just looking for an upgrade from the stock exhaust, and don't want to spend more than $500. Are these a good option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: Flowmaster Exhaust

Flowmasters are an excellent choice! Hoping your supplier of choice has these in stock as they are very popular. I cant even get them from american Muscle...back ordered....sigh.
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I am gonna go to the local shop and see if they can track some down for me. If not, hopefully AM will get some more in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I originally bought this kit for my 2012 and sent them back. They pop like crazy went you lift off the throttle or rev it up. The sound is closer to a 350z which isn't necessarily bad but not what are mustang should sound like. I got the Magnaflow street series after and couldn't be happier. Deep v8 sound when you give it some gas. Quiet at cruising speed with absolutely no drone. And they look a lot better than Flowmaster tips.
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488
I originally bought this kit for my 2012 and sent them back. They pop like crazy went you lift off the throttle or rev it up. The sound is closer to a 350z which isn't necessarily bad but not what are mustang should sound like. I got the Magnaflow street series after and couldn't be happier. Deep v8 sound when you give it some gas. Quiet at cruising speed with absolutely no drone. And they look a lot better than Flowmaster tips.
Your comment only supports me even more to get the magnaflow street. Iv been really saying that is the one I really want to get. How is the sound when you step on it?
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It sounds like a beast.. especially after 3000 rpm. I have people ask me all the time if it's a v8. It's not as low of a tone as the 5.0 but it does sound awesome. I do wish I could hear the competition series in person. Videos just don't do these exhausts justice. I would also recommend a Cai with any exhaust. I installed an Airaid cai also and throttle response is much quicker as well as the sound in the higher rpms
Old 05-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Just got back from the local muffler shop. The mechanic is gonna set me up with some flowmasters that he says will sound awesome. It is gonna cost around half of the ones I was looking at on AM, so I am happy.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
are they weld ins? bc thats what one.of the shops out here was wanting to do . but i wanted to see how it sounded before i did it though.. if they are and you get them post a video.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

They are weld ins. I will probably get them sometime next week so i will post a video then.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It sounds like a beast.. especially after 3000 rpm. I have people ask me all the time if it's a v8. It's not as low of a tone as the 5.0 but it does sound awesome. I do wish I could hear the competition series in person. Videos just don't do these exhausts justice. I would also recommend a Cai with any exhaust. I installed an Airaid cai also and throttle response is much quicker as well as the sound in the higher rpms
So you really recommend them? Because I'm about to get those.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Love my flowmasters. Considering the price of all the other exhausts they were a steal. Nice deep rumble. None of my friends can believe that a v6 mustang can sound like it does. Definitely would recommend them to anyone.
Stacks Warmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs

So you really recommend them? Because I'm about to get those.
Absolutely. I much prefer the sound of these than any other exhaust. Like I said the only other system I would buy is the Magna flow competition series if I could listen to it in person first

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

If you do and custom flowmaster system it would prob sound really good too but that would no longer be bolt on. You'd have to weld hangers and everything on just right to get it to line up straight. A 40 series Delta flow would be good. The axle back kit that is bolt on is just an set of 60 series mufflers that are far too quiet for a performance exhaust Imo
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I have the Mag Comps. Got them for $200 used, and they are nasty.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

Do they sound ricey? Some videos I have seen sound like crap with a bunch of popping and some sound awesome
Old 05-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1. Love my comps!

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote:

Do they sound ricey? Some videos I have seen sound like crap with a bunch of popping and some sound awesome
No popping or rice, very deep down low and a nice roar when you step on it!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

+1. Love my comps!

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I might have to look into doing a little trading... hmmm. Lol
Old 05-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

+1. Love my comps!

I think I remember you having the twin double exhaust, do u think there is a different sound between yours and the normal competition?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I might have to look into doing a little trading... hmmm. Lol
Yeah, I love em. I love the sound of magnaflows. IMO it's one of the best sounding exhausts, especially for a 6er if you want a nice deep sound. I liked the sound of the street series too but wanted loud and quad tips! Probably my favorite mod on my car.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:

I think I remember you having the twin double exhaust, do u think there is a different sound between yours and the normal competition?
Yeah, I got the quad tips. I've got a friend with the regular tip version. Haven't heard his car in a while but from what I remember, mine might be slightly deeper and louder. Very small difference though if anything. Might have to put our cars side by side and do a comparison. But I do have a CAI and he doesn't so that might make a difference?
Old 05-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'll try to post some vids of mine today. Pretty low rumble when you crank it and nice rolling "gurgle" at idle. Bad thing is that you either need to be in person or have a good mic to pick up the low end.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'll try to post some vids of mine today. Pretty low rumble when you crank it and nice rolling "gurgle" at idle. Bad thing is that you either need to be in person or have a good mic to pick up the low end.
Ok, If you do, post it on here I wanna see! Are they the normal dual exhaust or the quad?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Go for flowmaster. I got two used ones from a friend and they sound badass. It sounds better than any other v6 Ive heard here in the valley. Ir sounds deep and agressive. No poping
Pstang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstang5
Go for flowmaster. I got two used ones from a friend and they sound badass. It sounds better than any other v6 Ive heard here in the valley. Ir sounds deep and agressive. No poping
are yours weld ins.or bolt on?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991

are yours weld ins.or bolt on?
Welded.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstang5 View Post
Welded.
awesome, do you have a video iv been trying to find someone with them to hear how it sounds !!!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991

awesome, do you have a video iv been trying to find someone with them to hear how it sounds !!!
No, but Ill make one. I have too. I have alot of exterior mods and havent uploaded any pics.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No, but Ill make one. I have too. I have alot of exterior mods and havent uploaded any pics.
sounds good what all have you done ?
i bought some stripes from A.M. today ready for those ...
Old 05-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I had an oem single stripe. Like the AM Project car but thicker. Also some louvers, hood scoop, and black Falken rims. I plan on finishing painting my calipers tomorrow

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Real carefull on the stripes bro. It took me about 8 hours to install. Its not easy specially in winter. Make sure to have a squeegee and make the formula right. Wet is easier. I tried it with water, alcohol, and real little hand soap and it sticked instantly with alot of air bubbles. To take it off was a hassle. Then I added more soap to the mixture and it worked better. I was able to slide the stripe and fix the errors.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had an oem single stripe. Like the AM Project car but thicker. Also some louvers, hood scoop, and black Falken rims. I plan on finishing painting my calipers tomorrow
i did my calipers also . but the stripe u got is what i had wanted to start with but i couldent find it any wider and still go down both bumpers. so i went with the same oned everyone else had lol . but im ready to see some pics man.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry, it has taken me a little while. Here are some videos...with my tag number:

And of course the Airaid CAI:

Old 05-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #30
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Sorry, it has taken me a little while. Here are some videos...with my tag number:

And of course the Airaid CAI:

Is it still really loud inside? I drive about 30-40 miles a day 2-3xs a week.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Is it still really loud inside? I drive about 30-40 miles a day 2-3xs a week.
It really isn't bad once it gets settled in. When they were newly installed, it was loud as hell, but they mellow a bit. Really just depends on the RPM. I need to match up revs to decibels, but it's not bad when I am driving 65-70 with my 3.73s. I have the Premium package; so, I can still use SYNC and talk on the phone.

It's definitely "always on" though.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It really isn't bad once it gets settled in. When they were newly installed, it was loud as hell, but they mellow a bit. Really just depends on the RPM. I need to match up revs to decibels, but it's not bad when I am driving 65-70 with my 3.73s. I have the Premium package; so, I can still use SYNC and talk on the phone.

+1 They are always on, that's for sure. But you can still use the sync, phone and listen to the radio np.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

so which flows did they put in it. ?
Old 05-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #34
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
+1 They are always on, that's for sure. But you can still use the sync, phone and listen to the radio np.
That's what scares me is they are always on. I always want a little more sound in the cabin.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

i'm still trying to save up for a set of the flowmasters for my 2013. I want to get these before Mustang Week....sigh. but if not...ill have to deal.
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust