New Mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
CandyRedStang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 96
New Mods

Now that I have my stang back from the hail damage I've been itching to do some mods. So far I have a Roush hood scoop that Im painting satin black, side window louvers, and the black trim for the tail lights. I will post pics of all of this once it is installed.

Im debating on changing out the muffler. I have a 2010 V6 so it has a single exhaust. I dont want to spend a fortune so I plan to stick with single. Anyone replaced their muffler? I want something that has a nice drone to it with out sounding like a civic or annoying the hell out of my neighbors....any suggestions??
CandyRedStang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: New Mods

If you go to an exhaust shop and have them fabricate a new exhaust system for you it should only be around $500 (including new muffler), maybe a little more... There are people on here that have done that locally and got a dual exhaust conversion with new mufflers for around $500.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
If you go to an exhaust shop and have them fabricate a new exhaust system for you it should only be around $500 (including new muffler), maybe a little more... There are people on here that have done that locally and got a dual exhaust conversion with new mufflers for around $500.
Cost me 540 and the guy did everything custom from the cats back and welded it all, not used clamps.
I have flow 40s and they sound pretty deep through the whole rpm band and drone nicely.
I have an 02 3.8
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: New Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
Cost me 540 and the guy did everything custom from the cats back and welded it all, not used clamps.
I have flow 40s and they sound pretty deep through the whole rpm band and drone nicely.
I have an 02 3.8
That's what I'm going to do when i get my Mustang, I would go cat deletes but I live in Cali so that's not an option. I'm gonna get either get Pype Bombs or Loudmouths (I want to get as loud as i can but not be ricey).

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRedStang10 View Post
Now that I have my stang back from the hail damage I've been itching to do some mods. So far I have a Roush hood scoop that Im painting satin black, side window louvers, and the black trim for the tail lights. I will post pics of all of this once it is installed.

Im debating on changing out the muffler. I have a 2010 V6 so it has a single exhaust. I dont want to spend a fortune so I plan to stick with single. Anyone replaced their muffler? I want something that has a nice drone to it with out sounding like a civic or annoying the hell out of my neighbors....any suggestions??
If i was you I would do some research online to find different axle back exhausts then listen to vids of them on Youtube, you won't hear the glory of them like you would in real life but you will get the gist of what you like.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
CandyRedStang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 96
Re: New Mods

Ive listed to vids online. Found a ton for Flowmaster and Roush etc. Cant find any for the Pypes brand that American Muscle carries. They have good reviews, but I would like to hear them.
CandyRedStang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: New Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRedStang10 View Post
Ive listed to vids online. Found a ton for Flowmaster and Roush etc. Cant find any for the Pypes brand that American Muscle carries. They have good reviews, but I would like to hear them.
It will be a little harder to find some for a '10 V6 because that is the year with new body but same motors... Since your car is essentially an 05-09 with a body kit just listen to the vids of 05-09 Sixers, they do have the same 4.0 that you have.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
It will be a little harder to find some for a '10 V6 because that is the year with new body but same motors... Since your car is essentially an 05-09 with a body kit just listen to the vids of 05-09 Sixers, they do have the same 4.0 that you have.
Don't do a cat delete on a sixxer
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
CandyRedStang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 96
I basically just want to replace the muffler. Just to get something with a slight drone.
CandyRedStang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:25 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.