Top speed? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I heard that the person who's DS failed was on redline for some amount of time before it failed. Never saw the vid but that may have been a factor?? I am suprised they don't have a stronger DS in these newer stangs. Heard even the new 5.0's is pretty weak? But that being said, there really isn't any reason to be going over 135 anyway.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
I heard that the person who's DS failed was on redline for some amount of time before it failed. Never saw the vid but that may have been a factor?? I am suprised they don't have a stronger DS in these newer stangs. Heard even the new 5.0's is pretty weak? But that being said, there really isn't any reason to be going over 135 anyway.
Not sure about the V6 but I believe the V8 has a two-piece which is more for ride quality I believe.
I like the way you think sir. Also the reason no sports car or mustang comes with the best available is to support the aftermarket, which is a relatively new and fast growing market for these newer mustangs.(V6's)
Old 05-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

No where legally . Travel them yes, the open highways my brother. Where do people legally travel in the United States the Gt500 at speeds of 202 mph? Or the 5.0 at 140.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Yet yours can go 120 mph and the 2011 v6, 305 hp can't go faster than 114 unless you spend extra money for an after market driveshaft and tuner. Nuts i tell ya. Lol

Heck, I would think its pretty jacked up that someone has to buy an after market driveshaft for around 500 dollars after spending upwards of 28,000 for a premium , performance package v6 model. Screwey
Ha! Dude your a cop!! Haha
IMO irony is the best form of comedy
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Tbh that just sounds a little ignorant :/ There's V6's running 10's on the track. Is that not a race car? Yeah, it's more of a general public car for sales but it's still a Mustang and can be made fast like any car can.
There are a hell of alot more gt's in the 10's.

If you can't have fun getting up to 115 or so going faster really is going to do you no good.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

There are a hell of alot more gt's in the 10's.

If you can't have fun getting up to 115 or so going faster really is going to do you no good.
Well of coarse.. I'm not trying to argue that? And yeah no point going any faster then 115. Where I live theres no 120 speed limit signs...
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Ha! Dude your a cop!! Haha
IMO irony is the best form of comedy
Cop?? When did I write that? I could be a janitor.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Cop?? When did I write that? I could be a janitor.
More irony...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2435390524.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	52011
Old 05-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

More irony...
That aint me. Wtf! I didnt put that!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

That aint me. Wtf! I didnt put that!
That's been you since before the last V6 DS thread. Here and TMS.. Let's move on now shall we.. This is after all a tech thread.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's been you since before the last V6 DS thread. Here and TMS.. Let's move on now shall we.. This is after all a tech thread.
I was only trying to answer the op question of the top speed on their V6 and what I've been told about the driveshaft from people on this blog
Old 05-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #46
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

I was only trying to answer the op question of the top speed on their V6 and what I've been told about the driveshaft from people on this blog
You are correct we ran that story. I'm not getting on my laptop tonight, but I'll pull it from the archives tomorrow. If not PM me, and Thanks for reading our Blog! It means a lot to us.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

You are correct we ran that story. I'm not getting on my laptop tonight, but I'll pull it from the archives tomorrow. If not PM me, and Thanks for reading our Blog! It means a lot to us.
I enjoy reading the blogs and posts you guys put on the site. Very informational and great knowledge by the writers on here.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #48
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

And if you want to see something explored, just let me or any of the staff know, and we will try to dig it up . Keep in mind we don't have millions of dollars, yet.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote:

I enjoy reading the blogs and posts you guys put on the site. Very informational and great knowledge by the writers on here.
Thanks! I will pull that feature tomorrow. I remember reading it. I think Brent wrote it.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And if you want to see something explored, just let me or any of the staff know, and we will try to dig it up . Keep in mind we don't have millions of dollars, yet.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Thanks! I will pull that feature tomorrow. I remember reading it. I think Brent wrote it.
If i remember correctly, many mustang enthusiasts felt this driveshaft exploded because it being a weaker, less quality driveshaft from factory than of the 5.0. I don't know this to be true just the consensus of many writers. I don't know this kid whose driveshaft exploded nor know the circumstances on how he was driving the car other than 130 mph that lead up to the driveshaft breaking.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

If i remember correctly, many mustang enthusiasts felt this driveshaft exploded because it being a weaker, less quality driveshaft from factory than of the 5.0. I don't know this to be true just the consensus of many writers. I don't know this kid whose driveshaft exploded nor know the circumstances on how he was driving the car other than 130 mph that lead up to the driveshaft breaking.
Hard to draw conclusions with no facts.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hard to draw conclusions with no facts.
I agree! I'm not sure if Ford placed a notice or article out about the driveshaft being weaker than higher end mustang models. I originally thought Ford put the speed governor on the V6 models because of the the lower speed rated tires on its v6 models.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

I agree! I'm not sure if Ford placed a notice or article out about the driveshaft being weaker than higher end mustang models. I originally thought Ford put the speed governor on the V6 models because of the the lower speed rated tires on its v6 models.
I said that... Camaro has the same tires and that was Chevy's excuse so I just assumed that is why ford limited their v6 to the same MPH as the Camaro.
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Again, hard to draw conclusions with no facts, but if the tires are not rated past whatever the car is governed at then rest assured that and that alone is the the reason based on the history of exploding tires and law suits with the explorers awhile back. If there were some kind of notice, article or press release about DS strength not being up to par with the cars power you would have no trouble what so ever finding it online because there would be buzz about the facts everywhere..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang