Got a BS ticket today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Got a BS ticket today

Doing 36 in a 30 and a cop pops out from hiding and walks in front of my car to give me a $175 ticket. Wondering if anyone knows of anyways to getting the ticket lowered. I think the cop must've hated mustangs since there were two cars in front of me doing the same but he let them go right on by!
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary
Doing 36 in a 30 and a cop pops out from hiding and walks in front of my car to give me a $175 ticket. Wondering if anyone knows of anyways to getting the ticket lowered. I think the cop must've hated mustangs since there were two cars in front of me doing the same but he let them go right on by!
Go to court and plead guilty. Most judges will reduce it and keep it off your record.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: Got a BS ticket today

Cops target sports cars!

This and more, tune in at 10.

But seriously, you should know that you have a higher risk of ticket than a "normal" car. It sucks (trust me, it's the major factor that pushed me out of sports cars).

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

Go to court and plead guilty. Most judges will reduce it and keep it off your record.
Yea that's what my friend told me. Just sucks I drive down that same rode everyday and never had a problem for the last 5 years. Guess its just them trying to meet the end of the month quota.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
Cops target sports cars!

But seriously, you should know that you have a higher risk of ticket than a "normal" car. It sucks (trust me, it's the major factor that pushed me out of sports cars).
Yea I know they do but idk I could understand going 10 over but 6 seems kinda stupid for a ticket and it's a downhill rode so just cruising you would go over 30 easy. But it's just one of those speed traps
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
Cops target sports cars!

This is so true. Especially red sports cars for some reason. I try to piss the police off. I rev my engine really loud each time I pass one. But I still have yet to get a ticket.
IIAMSTARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Just fyi a friend of mine is a state cop and he has no ”quota”...and on a few occasions people would say ”oh its the end of the month you must be filling your quota” and he would reply with ”nah I filled my quota yesterday I just pulled you over for fun”...lol
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIAMSTARK

This is so true. Especially red sports cars for some reason. I try to piss the police off. I rev my engine really loud each time I pass one. But I still have yet to get a ticket.
If they really wanted to they could get you for excessive show of horsepower.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Just fyi a friend of mine is a state cop and he has no ”quota”...and on a few occasions people would say ”oh its the end of the month you must be filling your quota” and he would reply with ”nah I filled my quota yesterday I just pulled you over for fun”...lol
That's great, I know they judge performance based on tickets around here. Too few they aren't doing their job, too many they are ticket happy pr****.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary
Maybe he drives a camaro
Driftfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Had a cop I know they don't have to meet a quota of tickets just how many people he pulls over each time
He works.
Example
Work 1hr=15-25cars
Work 8 hours=15x8 minimum(120)?
That's how it works in my state though.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

I think hes just doing his job like when you go to work and do yours. Just man up and say,Hey I was speeding and I got a ticket.....move on. It happens to people everyday of the week.

Life is full of lessons.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I just want to say first off, it's Memorial Day Weekend!.. There are more people out on the roads, so the cops are going to be out in force!.. Plus that area might have had to many complaints and so the local department decides to put a patrol there to try to curb the number of speeders!.. It happens!..

Secondly, this whole "Must Be Meeting Their Quota" for the month!.. Well in most places it is illegal for a department to impose a "Quota" on their officers!.. Also you don't know why your car got targeted and the others didn't!.. So don't assume why!..

Third, the cop is just doing his job!.. Much like anyone else here who does their job!.. So you were speeding, and you got popped for it!!... Man Up and stop B****ing about it and just pay the damn ticket!..

I am just getting tired of seeing posts like this!.. If you are Man Enough to break the law, then be Man Enough to accept the consequences for it!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I think hes just doing his job like when you go to work and do yours. Just man up and say,Hey I was speeding and I got a ticket.....move on. It happens to people everyday of the week.

Life is full of lessons.
Yes, ty. 6 over is over. Might seem like bs but it's the law. Cops don't make the laws.. It's not an easy job.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
I just want to say first off, it's Memorial Day Weekend!.. There are more people out on the roads, so the cops are going to be out in force!.. Plus that area might have had to many complaints and so the local department decides to put a patrol there to try to curb the number of speeders!.. It happens!..

Secondly, this whole "Must Be Meeting Their Quota" for the month!.. Well in most places it is illegal for a department to impose a "Quota" on their officers!.. Also you don't know why your car got targeted and the others didn't!.. So don't assume why!..

Third, the cop is just doing his job!.. Much like anyone else here who does their job!.. So you were speeding, and you got popped for it!!... Man Up and stop B****ing about it and just pay the damn ticket!..

I am just getting tired of seeing posts like this!.. If you are Man Enough to break the law, then be Man Enough to accept the consequences for it!..
100% agree
USAF2754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
I got 97 in a 70 once.. Bs, should have let me off with a warning!! I mean wtf?!? Jk jk! I did get that ticket though cost almost a grand to beat it.. Got to pay to play..
Old 05-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
My driving record is awesome /sarcasm

Funny thing is, I got in more trouble in my four banger

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
I got 97 in a 70 once.. Bs, should have let me off with a warning!! I mean wtf?!? Jk jk! I did get that ticket though cost almost a grand to beat it.. Got to pay to play..
I got ya beat!.. 98 in a 65!!... I Should've been locked up for that one!!...
Old 05-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

It was 3am is why I didn't get a wreck less endangerment and get locked up, road was empty cept me and the trooper lol triple digits is a felony here. 20 over can get you arrested
Old 05-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #18
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:

96 in 55!...in my camaro...way back in the day only cost me $75 I WIN!!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

6! Aw man that blows. I hope you can fight it and get out of it / lowered. To be honest the speedo looks great on our stangs but its hard to make out the exact speed your going. I sorta wish the numbers didnt go so high and that they had more defined markers. Ah well. Makes me drive slower as i always think im speeding.

I had a friend when i was in high school...did 110kmh in a 50 in his 95 gt, because his girlfriend dared him. He made the news paper the next day (small town). Now in Ontario canada if you go 50kmh over any speed limit they keep your car.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

If they really wanted to they could get you for excessive show of horsepower.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

That's great, I know they judge performance based on tickets around here. Too few they aren't doing their job, too many they are ticket happy pr****.
Haha, they normally just smile and wave. My car is way over the limit for the sound requirements, and I still haven't had any problems. I am considering running completely straight exhaust. It's straight now except for dual mufflers.
IIAMSTARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My second year driving and my senior year in high school, (last year) I got my first ticket a $800+ for 45 in a 25 and unsafe passing. I felt so busted, it was only a 50% BS because I was speeding haha, but I got to do driving school so no insurance was notified

I would say i got one hell of a first ticket!
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Sounds to me like you were speeding...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #23
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Jeez that's an expensive ticket for 6 over.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIAMSTARK

Haha, they normally just smile and wave. My car is way over the limit for the sound requirements, and I still haven't had any problems. I am considering running completely straight exhaust. It's straight now except for dual mufflers.
I've gotten 2 careless op tickets for how Lou my car is. Chief of police was happy to inform me of that here. Sad thing is the judge still ruled in their favor. Both times had my little girl in the car going under the speed limit due to traffic.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I got stopped 7 times in the first month I had my GT. 4 speeding tickets.

And didn't have to pay a single one. ))
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

In Georgia it doesn't go on your record unless it's 15 or more over so you will always see me cruising at 14 haha
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Couple of thoughts here:

1. It is a bull**** ticket
2. Traffic cops are punks, and I respect their jobs about as much as the IRS - necessary evil but probably better uses for their time/cost to taxpayers
3. Holiday weekends are a perfect time not to drive (see thought #1
4. Check the ticket carefully and see why it's $175 - I've never had the cop tell me how much the ticket was, and I am shocked that it would be that much for "just speeding" 6 mph over the limit.
5. If it won't go on your record (i.e. the thing that affects your insurance), it isn't worth your time going to court. It is depressing and reminds you that life is short.
6. Speed and safe driving have an indeterminable correlation and make me laugh/shake my head when I think of a cop writing a ticket for 36 in a 30.

7. Avoid that road in the future if you can.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005
Couple of thoughts here:

1. It is a bull**** ticket
2. Traffic cops are punks, and I respect their jobs about as much as the IRS - necessary evil but probably better uses for their time/cost to taxpayers
3. Holiday weekends are a perfect time not to drive (see thought #1
4. Check the ticket carefully and see why it's $175 - I've never had the cop tell me how much the ticket was, and I am shocked that it would be that much for "just speeding" 6 mph over the limit.
5. If it won't go on your record (i.e. the thing that affects your insurance), it isn't worth your time going to court. It is depressing and reminds you that life is short.
6. Speed and safe driving have an indeterminable correlation and make me laugh/shake my head when I think of a cop writing a ticket for 36 in a 30.

7. Avoid that road in the future if you can.
It's all very simple!.. If your Man Enough to do the crime then you need to be Man Enough to pay your fine, without acting like a little crying B****!!!

Plus a $175 fine for speeding can be due to several reasons!.. Number one, each District sets it's own fines and costs!.. Number two, the fines can very due to things such as residential areas, non-residential areas (shopping malls etc.), industrial areas, and the list goes on!..

Also the fact that the cop says how much the ticket is, most likely shows he knows his job better than you!.. I've written a multitude of tickets back in the day, and could tell you how much each one would cost!.. Like I stated before, they are set by the individual Districts!..

And that 36 in a 30?... Well speed limits are set in individual areas for a reason!.. Such as, is this a residential area, overall traffic flow, size and construction of the roadway surface, and to include such things as to what the average vehicle, with average handling and tire wear can handle on that particular roadway!.. They also take into consideration such things as to how that roadway surface will be when there are wet and or slick conditions!.. They average these things out and set an appropriate safe speed limit!..

Now if you don't like this then please feel free to a can of, Stop Crying Like A Little B**** & Man Up!!...

Finally, I once responded out to a scene were an individual who was only doing 5 over, hit someone and sent them into intensive care with a collapsed lung for over a week!..

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Anytime you think your little bit of speeding can not hurt anyone!.. You need to think again!!... Or have your license revoked!.. Those on here crying about getting tickets and what BS it is need to STFU!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #29
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
It's all very simple!.. If your Man Enough to do the crime then you need to be Man Enough to pay your fine, without acting like a little crying B****!!!

Plus a $175 fine for speeding can be due to several reasons!.. Number one, each District sets it's own fines and costs!.. Number two, the fines can very due to things such as residential areas, non-residential areas (shopping malls etc.), industrial areas, and the list goes on!..

Also the fact that the cop says how much the ticket is, most likely shows he knows his job better than you!.. I've written a multitude of tickets back in the day, and could tell you how much each one would cost!.. Like I stated before, they are set by the individual Districts!..

And that 36 in a 30?... Well speed limits are set in individual areas for a reason!.. Such as, is this a residential area, overall traffic flow, size and construction of the roadway surface, and to include such things as to what the average vehicle, with average handling and tire wear can handle on that particular roadway!.. They also take into consideration such things as to how that roadway surface will be when there are wet and or slick conditions!.. They average these things out and set an appropriate safe speed limit!..

Now if you don't like this then please feel free to a can of, Stop Crying Like A Little B**** & Man Up!!...

Finally, I once responded out to a scene were an individual who was only doing 5 over, hit someone and sent them into intensive care with a collapsed lung for over a week!..

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Anytime you think your little bit of speeding can not hurt anyone!.. You need to think again!!... Or have your license revoked!.. Those on here crying about getting tickets and what BS it is need to STFU!!!
Chill out. Telling people to STFU on the internet was cool 10 years ago but not anymore. If you want people to respect your experience as a cop then act like an adult.

Threads like these never end up accomplishing anything and everyone just gets all upset. Closed.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang