2012 V6 Premium - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
2012 V6 Premium

PLEASE tell me how to remove the center and passenger dash air vents.......
jeadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
a hammer?
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 2012 V6 Premium

LOL. :Last time that was tool of choice bad. Real bad....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Lol yeah sorry I'm not sure how though..
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Why? Please dont tell me your putting leds behind there....

Taking interior stuff apart makes everything loose. Its not meant to be removed / reinstalled!
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeadams2
PLEASE tell me how to remove the center and passenger dash air vents.......
havent tried to remove them so i dont know how but i am curious to know what you are doing to the car?
Old 05-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Pm "onebad3.7" he took out alot of trim and repainted it red (looks great) he may be able to help you out
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I put in a dash kit. Now I am using red carbon fiber vinyl to further jazz up interior. I covered the chrome part around the shifter. I removed the driver's air vent, took it apart and put the red vinyl on the exterior lovers. I want to do same to center two and passenger one. I see from instrument piece I removed that the center two combined vents are held in by a screw. So how to I access right side where there are two sections, one over the other, and an airbag I believe??? A guy in AZ with a 2011 took his dash apart, but I cannot find him...

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Perfect! Thanks. He is the one I saw but did not get his name.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeadams2
I put in a dash kit. Now I am using red carbon fiber vinyl to further jazz up interior. I covered the chrome part around the shifter. I removed the driver's air vent, took it apart and put the red vinyl on the exterior lovers. I want to do same to center two and passenger one. I see from instrument piece I removed that the center two combined vents are held in by a screw. So how to I access right side where there are two sections, one over the other, and an airbag I believe??? A guy in AZ with a 2011 took his dash apart, but I cannot find him...

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Perfect! Thanks. He is the one I saw but did not get his name.
Post some pics I'd like to see ur interior!
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I will show you tomorrow what I did today and hope to do tomorrow. I love to make my car one of a kind.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

What I am doing would be cool in your car. Keep checking out my garage for ideas. Tomorrow I will show what to types of red carbon fiber look like together.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

No LED's. Had a bad experience a car ago.... Burned up interior wiring.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Pm "onebad3.7" he took out alot of trim and repainted it red (looks great) he may be able to help you out
O why thank u =)
Old 05-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Check out my dash now

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Sean, tell me about your new exhaust system and led in trunk. For that engine, get some Simple Green. Spray all over engine and hose off.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

If anyone wants to put some color on your dash, hit me up. No painting. I am now an "expert" on taking off the four dash panels. Get some rolled vinyl and rock and roll. Jim
Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Wink Re: 2012 V6 Premium

STEPS TO REMOVE DASH PANELS FROM 2011 AND 2012 MUSTANGE

1. Guage Panel
a. Panel pulls off. Reach in to large gauges and find edge and pull towards you.
b. If you desire to take air vent apart there are square tabs holding vent to panel. Press them in and vent will slide out from front opening.
c. If you desire to remove the louvers from vent, each one is pressed into vent on each end. Pull from behind one end of each louver and work other side out.
d. If you desire to remove plastic silver ring there are longer tabs you pull back to come off.
e. All rings must be removed from gauge panel if you desire to cover/paint.
2. Air Bag Panel (made up of two panels connected in front of passenger that the air bag will come shooting through.
a. DISCONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE FOR 10 MINUTES (this will insure the air bag will not KILL you. Move passenger seat all the way back, if electric, before you kill power.
b. Remove glove box. There are four screws under box, remove them. Tilt box to release the two rubber gizmos holding top to open so far.
c. Look up under the dash to find a black box connected to underside of air bag holder. Behind the box, at each upper corner are to clips. You gotta feel your way. Depress each clip. The box is now being held by two plastic deals slid into holes. Slide box back while lowering back end. Box will now hang free only connected by wires. Move back from under air bag gizmo (ABG).
d. Now you see underside of ABG. There are two bolts holding the gizmo in. Remove the bolts. The gizmo is free except for wires. Push gizmo forward and the panels will be free. You will not have much room to pull panel forward. You can leave as is to gain access to last two panels. If you desire to remove panels from air bag gizmo there are a series of plastic tabs on the panels slid into holes on the ABG. Push lower side of panels in towards ABG to allow tabs to slide out and under the holes. Then pull panel up and in to release top set. This is a real PAIN. To put back together, lock in top tabs first. If you desire to remove ABG from car, GOOD LUCK. I could not figure out how to unclip the wires.
3. Center Air Vents.
a. Remove the screw on left side and two on right side. Unclip charger plug.
4. Passenger Vent
a. Remove two screws and pull out.
Let me know if any part of this is confusing, OK? I will help you in any way I can. Jim
Old 06-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #14

Region: Massachusetts

Nice Pics, and guide jeadams2 !
Old 06-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you. Nice to hear I am helping. If there is anything I can do for you, just let me know. Jim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2012 v6