Exterior for 2011 v6 premium?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04
A little side note. CYCLON37 has the best exhaust ever.
Haha thanks man! I love my quad tips
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm about sick and tired of hearing about cyclone's quad pipes! Lol jk jk
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
You mean person!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Too dark huh?
To me they seem too dark. And I'm also not a fan of the covers because it takes away the definition and makes it look like a high schooler in a prelude. That's just me. I like the tint and it just seems slightly safer option.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Exterior for 2011 v6 premium??

i agree with everything in this thread since I last posted. LOL

fulton, i love those covers, I was considering them but then realized itd look dumb unless I did the tint on third brake light and side markers to match, which I dont want to do.

The real test of light (which we are curious about and would love you to do for us) on those covers isnt at night, you can have candles in there and see them fine still, the key is a photo in broad sunlight....will the brake light pass through, this is how you don't get rear ended in the day. ANY tint on there makes you more prone to this. I always pay attention to how fast the vehicle in front of me is going (and keep my distance!), but you need to consider that most people drive automatics....they can only handle stop or go. They apply this to other aspects of driving, like when you are dead stopped, if they dont see brake lights, they dont apply brake, until its too late!
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
haha I'm sure you are. But come on man, the quads are pretty damn sick.

My opinion of the covers is simple. If you're going to it do, do it. Having just the covers over the tail lights looks like you want to personalize your car, but you don't. (If that makes sense) If you're going to murder out your ride, murder it out. Don't just nickel and dime it. I would love to black out a car once in my lifetime, but it has to be the right car. Is the v6 mustang the car? I havn't decided yet...
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
i agree with everything in this thread since I last posted. LOL

fulton, i love those covers, I was considering them but then realized itd look dumb unless I did the tint on third brake light and side markers to match, which I dont want to do.

The real test of light (which we are curious about and would love you to do for us) on those covers isnt at night, you can have candles in there and see them fine still, the key is a photo in broad sunlight....will the brake light pass through, this is how you don't get rear ended in the day. ANY tint on there makes you more prone to this. I always pay attention to how fast the vehicle in front of me is going (and keep my distance!), but you need to consider that most people drive automatics....they can only handle stop or go. They apply this to other aspects of driving, like when you are dead stopped, if they dont see brake lights, they dont apply brake, until its too late!
And this is what separates good drivers from the bad. When you drop the money into these cars you tend to drive a little more cautious js
Old 05-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Yep i drive super cautious and i didnt even tint my brake lights and this happened a few weeks ago....its since been fixed. I do every thing i can to prevent morons from hitting me but sometimes its inevitable!

I was waiting to turn right and had clutch engaged...just about to release it, not holding brakes, but car not moving...she was stopped behind me but i guess when she saw my brake lights off she hit the gas...bam. At first she blamed her baby for the distraction...but on the phone she said she thought i was going....obviously she pays more attention to those brake lights than physics lol

the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Yep i drive super cautious and i didnt even tint my brake lights and this happened a few weeks ago....its since been fixed. I do every thing i can to prevent morons from hitting me but sometimes its inevitable!

I was waiting to turn right and had clutch engaged...just about to release it, not holding brakes, but car not moving...she was stopped behind me but i guess when she saw my brake lights off she hit the gas...bam. At first she blamed her baby for the distraction...but on the phone she said she thought i was going....obviously she pays more attention to those brake lights than physics lol
Yeah, unfortunately some people just look for those brake lights. Gotta be careful with those manuals imo and pay attention to your ***.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Well I'll have to find a friend to take that picture... lol I'll get it posted soon
Old 05-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

yep.....dual quad exhaust....im jealous of Cyclon37's set up.
I have to agreee with Stig...this 'blackout' look has gone a bit too far. some here at the beach have soo much you have to strain to see them until they are right on top of you.
I am blacking out my wheels...but thats becasue I want them that way.....but the only so called chrome left with be the fake gas cap on the tail panel, the chrome halo around the tri bar wheel center caps, and a bit around the emblem of the new black grille that will be coming.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

ouch..she got you with the plate bracket and bolts...thats a bit obvious

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
yep.....dual quad exhaust....im jealous of Cyclon37's set up.
I'm curious if they'd work with the 13 valence since it's a bit different?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Mine is not the black panel val;ence you have...it is part of the bumper....some serious cutting would have to be done...and im not going that route
I'll just settle on single port flowmasters

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mine is not the black panel val;ence you have...it is part of the bumper....some serious cutting would have to be done...and im not going that route
I'll just settle on single port flowmasters
So you can't just replace the valence? Would need a whole new bumper? I'd say go with the 13GT500 rear but if you'd need a whole new bumper it'd probably cost a pretty penny..
Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I'm sorry but if you can't see a bright blue car even in the pitch black abyss of the river Styx then you need to get an appointment with your friendly neighborhood optometrist! Just saying...
Old 05-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

count on it...even though I'd be able to get it at 20% over dealer cost...nice thing about working a parts counter...they play nice with other dealers and parts employees. Yours looks distinctive like that...i wouldnt want to copy. Kinda got my own odd ideas still cooking......always thinking up new and crazy things..LOL

Old 05-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
count on it...even though I'd be able to get it at 20% over dealer cost...nice thing about working a parts counter...they play nice with other dealers and parts employees. Yours looks distinctive like that...i wouldnt want to copy. Kinda got my own odd ideas still cooking......always thinking up new and crazy things..LOL
You always got ideas cookin lol
Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

you got it! Wouldnt have a great sidebar customizing and detailing business if I didnt.
I just love painting brakes for folks...way cheaper than powder coating and a lot cheaper. Done so many in pink for women lately.....my cargo blankets that protect my driveway when i do it are saturated with it....sheesh.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

meant to say easier...not cheaper twice...now I know im tired...lol!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you got it! Wouldnt have a great sidebar customizing and detailing business if I didnt.
I just love painting brakes for folks...way cheaper than powder coating and a lot cheaper. Done so many in pink for women lately.....my cargo blankets that protect my driveway when i do it are saturated with it....sheesh.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

meant to say easier...not cheaper twice...now I know im tired...lol!
Might have to put you to work when I come down for mustang week!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

you want your brakes to match...I can do it. LOL! Thanks...always looking for extra dough and a new canvas to bring to life...

Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you want your brakes to match...I can do it. LOL! Thanks...always looking for extra dough and a new canvas to bring to life...
Yeah maybe man. If I got the money when I'm down there I'll let you know. Have a guesstimate?
Old 05-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

for you.......100. Average folks...i'd would be 150-170.....getting the paint will be easy.
So a $50 discount for a fellow mustanger

Old 05-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
for you.......100. Average folks...i'd would be 150-170.....getting the paint will be easy.
So a $50 discount for a fellow mustanger
Not bad man. If I got the money when I'm down there I'll hit you up!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

LOL! I can see why im up later....brush fire I just got back from at my fire station...but what's your excuse....
Sounds good...we can do business

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

only kidding there amigo.....
gonna try to get back to bed now....long day at part time job thanks to a later night call...
Yawn...night everybody

Old 05-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL! I can see why im up later....brush fire I just got back from at my fire station...but what's your excuse....
Sounds good...we can do business
I work nights Actually off today though but still don't go to bed till later.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Supersnake wheels
Old 05-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sorry but if you can't see a bright blue car even in the pitch black abyss of the river Styx then you need to get an appointment with your friendly neighborhood optometrist! Just saying...
That's why I love the grabber blue, white and red. You can see it no matter what. Red is tricky sometimes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2011 v6