White lower stripe on v6 pony package. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
White lower stripe on v6 pony package.

I recently bought my 2011 v6 a couple weeks ago. I love the Kona Blue and everything about the car, but it has the white lower "Mustang" stripe. Debating on removing it when I have some time. Thoughts? Opinions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0096.jpg
Views:	11178
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	52183  
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I would. If you don't like it then get rid of it. It's not my cup of tea.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Get rid of them imo, I did so on mine and never regretted it. The white just didn't go with the look I myself am going for and I love it without them.. Again that's just my opinion. Good luck deciding!

Name:	ForumRunner_20120528_231107.png
Views:	315
Size:	413.8 KB
ID:	52186

Name:	ForumRunner_20120528_230938.png
Views:	335
Size:	384.0 KB
ID:	52185
v6MustangGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I was debating on taking my matte black one off and putting a boss c stripe there but I'm ok with the regular one I think matte black looks good on grabber

---------- Post added 05-29-2012 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-28-2012 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MustangGurl
Get rid of them imo, I did so on mine and never regretted it. The white just didn't go with the look I myself am going for and I love it without them.. Again that's just my opinion. Good luck deciding!
Oh yeah no offense but white on sterling does not look good at all i dont know why they would do that looks much better without
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: White lower stripe on v6 pony package.

I ordered mine without the stripe i also have kona blue...here it is in different shades of light to help you make your decision

the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the pictures, guys! I'm about 90% sure I'm going to take it off, now just got to find the time to do it! Now when I do take them off, should I also delete the badge? I see in the_stig's pictures, you still kept the bagdg and I like that, but they make a 3.7 badge that looks kinda neat in place of the mustang one. Cool? Or trying to much to be a 5.0?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP
I was debating on taking my matte black one off and putting a boss c stripe there but I'm ok with the regular one I think matte black looks good on grabber

---------- Post added 05-29-2012 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-28-2012 at 11:56 PM ----------

Oh yeah no offense but white on sterling does not look good at all i dont know why they would do that looks much better without
Haha none taken, when I first saw the car I knew those stripes had to go if I was taking it! Don't get me wrong on some colors they look ok but not on SG.

And dgrum04 about the badge, its personal preference of coarse and I do like both. I just like the look of the 3.7 badges on the side a little more than the pony badge. And I don't think you will look like your a 5.0 wanna be unless you put a 5.0 badge on it imo
Old 05-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

I think the 3.7 badges look cool, but I've always been torn on my verdict of them because it's as if you are calling out that you chose the smaller engine.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my car. But let's not fool ourselves- All things equal, we would probably all choose a GT or GT/CS.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. Lose the stripe. Even though I think it is one of the better color combos (White on grey?! That car must have been finished up on a friday afternoon haha, just kidding).
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MustangGurl
What type of rims are on your car.
13Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04
I recently bought my 2011 v6 a couple weeks ago. I love the Kona Blue and everything about the car, but it has the white lower "Mustang" stripe. Debating on removing it when I have some time. Thoughts? Opinions?
I see how you wouldn't want them because the white just doesn't go very well. I'd say get rid. My stangs grey with a dark grey stripe so it blends nicely so I'm keeping mine. I'll post a picture.
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I purposely got one without the stripe. I much rather prefer it without rocker stripes
Old 05-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

"I see how you wouldn't want them because the white just doesn't go very well. I'd say get rid. My stangs grey with a dark grey stripe so it blends nicely so I'm keeping mine. I'll post a picture."

Yes, that darkish grey and the black stripe blends in nicely, but the kona blue and the white stripe isn't really doing anything for me. Just like JSchu22 said, that must have been a Friday afternoon decision. lol

What percent tint does the_stig have??
Old 05-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
"I see how you wouldn't want them because the white just doesn't go very well. I'd say get rid. My stangs grey with a dark grey stripe so it blends nicely so I'm keeping mine. I'll post a picture."

Yes, that darkish grey and the black stripe blends in nicely, but the kona blue and the white stripe isn't really doing anything for me. Just like JSchu22 said, that must have been a Friday afternoon decision. lol

What percent tint does the_stig have??
I've got 20% tint all around. About the 3.7 badging, I am considering doing it also. I'm very picky though. I love the side badge, but it clashes as each wheel has the same logo...I GET IT its a mustang, lol. But I also plan to upgrade my wheels and tires once these pirelli's are used up (few years). So if I went with dark grey AMR wheels I will get the black 3.7 logo, or I may go with chrome GT500 style wheels also from AMR, then I would get the chrome 3.7 logo or keep the pony (most likely).

Google photos of cars like yours, compare lots of time, take your time in deciding. A lot of people just tack S*** on and as long as its a "mod" its cool. Meanwhile a lot can cause things to clash. My stang is staying totally stock aside from my MCA grille and rear spoiler until I am positive whatever I do next will look great!

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Grabber View Post
He's got the 2011 pony package 18's
Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I like my new stripe personally...LOL! yes...pull that white one of and get something cooler!

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Get some thing in reflective gray...

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
I like my new stripe personally...LOL! yes...pull that white one of and get something cooler!

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Get some thing in reflective gray...
You fixed the lame stripe ford gave you. It looks awesome. A stripe on the 13 looks fine as the side skirt is painted. On pre 13s it looks messy....grey plastic, to body colour, to stripe, to body colour, too much going on.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

just like the guy in the other post with the painted Boss stripe...none of us 'like' our rides to look normal....not that the color I chose will ever look that way...LOL!
Can't wait to start painting the brakes and the wheels on mine...BTW...the black Cali special grilles they offered as compensation for my 'gray' wheels have made it in..BUT will have to wait until all of the wheels are done. Sigh..my work is never done...and between 2 jobs...time will be the big factor....

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

you have a point on the 'lame' stripe...that plus the change in the now body color ground effects rocker panel...PLUS..the now, matching upper and lower grilles in the MCA edition help a bunch..

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig

You fixed the lame stripe ford gave you. It looks awesome. A stripe on the 13 looks fine as the side skirt is painted. On pre 13s it looks messy....grey plastic, to body colour, to stripe, to body colour, too much going on.
I agree, the 13's look better with the lower side stripe then the 10-12's due to the painted rockers.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

and gtzzoom lol to your avatar..
Old 05-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! A friend drew that on his computer....I used it on the front and rear decals....
Quite the topic of conversation at it's first Mustang Cruise-in here at the beach.
Gee...I hope more GHG Mustangs will be here for Mustang week....it'd look cooler in a group

Old 05-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree, the 13's look better with the lower side stripe then the 10-12's due to the painted rockers.
Yes, the 13's look 100 times better than 10'-12's with the stripe. Plus, it really depends on the color of the car. Some colors look good with with, others just don't. Kona blue and white = don't!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

We need to get a bunch of grabber blue's and other blue shades and greens of every shade to line up and come in together here for Mustang Week.....these black and Yellow clubs think they rule...time to send a wake up call

Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
We need to get a bunch of grabber blue's and other blue shades and greens of every shade to line up and come in together here for Mustang Week.....these black and Yellow clubs think they rule...time to send a wake up call
I hope to be there man! I'll let you know
Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #22

O.K., I de badged my RAM pick up, that was a pita, so what does it take to remove the stripes off the Stang?
konabluev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by konabluev6 View Post
O.K., I de badged my RAM pick up, that was a pita, so what does it take to remove the stripes off the Stang?
I'm gonna assume it's the same concept. For the stripes, a little bit of heat from the sun on a hot day or a heat gun and they should pull right off. As far as the badges go, it was my assumption that those stick right on as well and aren't drilled in, so those should be relatively easy to pull of too.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Grabber

Lorenzo's
Old 05-31-2012, 06:11 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

figured out how we could do the line up for the cruise in at Mustang week on the 21st. the black/yellow crew come in staggered...black then yellow and that pattern for the rest of the row. For the show..they group together. Figure we can do it alphabetically...blue then green all the way thru the line. Got plenty of grabber blue here (sorry Mustang Gurl...we can find some gray for you to line up with)....it would look awesome!

Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I purchased my 2012 base model kona blue with the horrible white stripes and the next day took them off.

I just started pealing at one edge and they came right off, its all one peice. Even though yours is older it should come off fine and you wont notice. If you see lines just wax it good and it should be fine.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just started pealing at one edge and they came right off, its all one peice. Even though yours is older it should come off fine and you wont notice. If you see lines just wax it good and it should be fine.
I don't see why it wouldn't come off fine. I guess we'll find out soon! I ordered my 3.7 badges the other day, so as soon as those come in I'll remove the stripe and replace the tri-bar with the 3.7 badge! I'll post a picture to this thread when I get it done!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

wha..? replace the pony badge....sigh
I got mad when they offered the MCA edition in 2011 without it...and had to add it back to my 2013...BUT each to their own
BTW...you could always re-sell them on ebay...popular item right now

Old 05-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #29

Region: Wisconsin

Hi, new here. only 600 miles on my new 2012 V6 Premium Pony. I never even know I have stripes on mine, I don't think anybody else does either - LOL.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...69394028_n.jpg
DerWaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

looks pretty darn good without it personally Waffle...i'd leave it alone unless you want to customize it....?

Old 05-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
figured out how we could do the line up for the cruise in at Mustang week on the 21st. the black/yellow crew come in staggered...black then yellow and that pattern for the rest of the row. For the show..they group together. Figure we can do it alphabetically...blue then green all the way thru the line. Got plenty of grabber blue here (sorry Mustang Gurl...we can find some gray for you to line up with)....it would look awesome!
Sounds awesome to me!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Would be sweeeet! Really looking foward to it!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
I'd park right next to you slimer! But its a bit of a drive for me!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

I'd park right next to you slimer! But its a bit of a drive for me!
You better be there!!!! And park next to me
Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

You better be there!!!! And park next to me
Dude! I live in Missouri! Lol
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang