Warranty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rileychan01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Region: Washington
Posts: 192
Warranty

So when i bought my 2011 v6 and my dealers said it had ford warranty on it, but when i drove it yesterday, my brake had some issues. When i step on the brake, i can feel the front wheels is shaking. I wasnt brake too hard. It was just normal brake. And then all of sudden, the brake pedal shaking. It was so scary. I dont know what i did to her but i didnt drive aggressively. So i am going to do a brake check, probably need to drop off my car. But at that time, will ford let me borrow me a car to drive? Coz my friend, he drove a lexus, he brought his car to lexus warranty thing and lexus asked him to choose any cars to let him drive during they check my friends car. I wonder if ford offers things like this? Just wondering.
Rileychan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Brakes aren't covered under warranty. Unless you got the service plan (or whatever it's called, I forget) Not sure if they'll lend you a car if you drop it off. My guess would be no but only one way to find out!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Yeah there considered normal wear items
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
OneBad3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 403
When i dropped my car off they gave me a 2012 focus to drive around o and yupp i still have it i miss my car lol its been 2 weeks
__________________
"Yea tho i drive through the valley of rice i shall fear no turbo... for torque art with me"
*~* Not Your Everyday V6 *~*
OneBad3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Just_John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: South Dakota
Posts: 384
Re: Warranty

Where I live the local GM/Ford/Mopar dealers ALL have free loaners for you to drive when your car is getting repaired/serviced. I suspect that is simply due to the fact that all of their competitors do it.......... I mean even for basics like oil/lube/filter changes.

My boss dropped off a 2012 Taurus and they gave him a 2012 Fusion to drive while his was getting warranty work done.

Yeah, I know it isn't like that everywhere... but it should be!
__________________
01 V6 5 spd
Windstar upper, shorty headers, high-flow catted X, American Thunder catback, SCT Tuner, ASP 25% UDP, FRPP T-Lok
Just_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBad3.7
When i dropped my car off they gave me a 2012 focus to drive around o and yupp i still have it i miss my car lol its been 2 weeks
What happened? !?!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
JSchu22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01
So when i bought my 2011 v6 and my dealers said it had ford warranty on it, but when i drove it yesterday, my brake had some issues. When i step on the brake, i can feel the front wheels is shaking. I wasnt brake too hard. It was just normal brake. And then all of sudden, the brake pedal shaking. It was so scary. I dont know what i did to her but i didnt drive aggressively. So i am going to do a brake check, probably need to drop off my car. But at that time, will ford let me borrow me a car to drive? Coz my friend, he drove a lexus, he brought his car to lexus warranty thing and lexus asked him to choose any cars to let him drive during they check my friends car. I wonder if ford offers things like this? Just wondering.
Did the yellow traction control light come on when this happened?
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
OneBad3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

What happened? !?!
Spun bearings/broke a conecting rod
__________________
"Yea tho i drive through the valley of rice i shall fear no turbo... for torque art with me"
*~* Not Your Everyday V6 *~*
OneBad3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01
So when i bought my 2011 v6 and my dealers said it had ford warranty on it, but when i drove it yesterday, my brake had some issues. When i step on the brake, i can feel the front wheels is shaking. I wasnt brake too hard. It was just normal brake. And then all of sudden, the brake pedal shaking. It was so scary. I dont know what i did to her but i didnt drive aggressively. So i am going to do a brake check, probably need to drop off my car. But at that time, will ford let me borrow me a car to drive? Coz my friend, he drove a lexus, he brought his car to lexus warranty thing and lexus asked him to choose any cars to let him drive during they check my friends car. I wonder if ford offers things like this? Just wondering.
It's possible that it might be covered. They won't cover wear but if there's a defect in the pad or rotor they should warranty it. My '11 GT had a pulsation in the pedal from a rotor getting warped. They replaced them and pads, under warranty. Free loaner is up to the specific dealer.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
JSchu22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 228
Re: Warranty

Some dealers even partner with rental car outlets for their loaners. That's what happened for me when they did my manual transmission flush.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Depends on where you love here they just started doing it only for Lincoln vehicles.

* Live
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBad3.7

Spun bearings/broke a conecting rod
Dang dude!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
OneBad3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

Dang dude!
Yea tell me about it im supposed to get her back tomarrow but of corse i leave today and wontbe back to get her till the 11th
__________________
"Yea tho i drive through the valley of rice i shall fear no turbo... for torque art with me"
*~* Not Your Everyday V6 *~*
OneBad3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rileychan01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Region: Washington
Posts: 192
Dang it I went to ford dealership today and they said they can borrow me a car to drive but I'm under 21!!!!
Rileychan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tha twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: California
Posts: 211
Lolol yea ford is quick to let you rent a ford focus when your car is in their shop. Lolol
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #16
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 10
This exact same brake issue happened to me in May 20th! I have a '12 with 5K miles so I took it to the dealer I purchased it from. They looked at it for two hours and said they couldn't find an issue.

I didn't imagine this so it makes me nervous they couldn't find an issue. Something is wrong and if you had the same issue it may be an even bigger issue....I just don't want this to happen again if I'm on the interstate.
Jwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwizzle
This exact same brake issue happened to me in May 20th! I have a '12 with 5K miles so I took it to the dealer I purchased it from. They looked at it for two hours and said they couldn't find an issue.

I didn't imagine this so it makes me nervous they couldn't find an issue. Something is wrong and if you had the same issue it may be an even bigger issue....I just don't want this to happen again if I'm on the interstate.
I'm still having the braking issue in mine on the interstate. It's scary and I just got bumped out of warranty the other day. Hit 36k miles. Trust me mate it's scary. I'm getting it fixed this weekend, I can't stand the noise or the freaky vibration from the rotors.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 10
I see you're out of warranty which is sad. Did you get the problem officially diagnosed? What is it? I'd like to go back and give them another idea to look at... Thanks!
Jwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
JSchu22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 228
Has anyone eliminated the engagement of the anti lock brakes as the reason? Although it would odd on the highway, I've hit spots on on commercial roads where it engaged and scared the (blank) out of me.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01
So when i bought my 2011 v6 and my dealers said it had ford warranty on it, but when i drove it yesterday, my brake had some issues. When i step on the brake, i can feel the front wheels is shaking. I wasnt brake too hard. It was just normal brake. And then all of sudden, the brake pedal shaking. It was so scary. I dont know what i did to her but i didnt drive aggressively. So i am going to do a brake check, probably need to drop off my car. But at that time, will ford let me borrow me a car to drive? Coz my friend, he drove a lexus, he brought his car to lexus warranty thing and lexus asked him to choose any cars to let him drive during they check my friends car. I wonder if ford offers things like this? Just wondering.
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if there is a faulty part. At 38,000 my calipers sized on my 06; I was supposed to be covered by the Ford ESP, but they said they needed to" re-do the brakes". I did the brakes new pads, rotors problem not solved. I take it to a 3rd party mechanic, who I've used for years he said,, the calipers were sticking, solution was to replace the calipers. This helped, but never worked. I experience much the same issues, not sure if they did anything different between 05 and 11 to the brake system.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John
Where I live the local GM/Ford/Mopar dealers ALL have free loaners for you to drive when your car is getting repaired/serviced. I suspect that is simply due to the fact that all of their competitors do it.......... I mean even for basics like oil/lube/filter changes.

My boss dropped off a 2012 Taurus and they gave him a 2012 Fusion to drive while his was getting warranty work done.

Yeah, I know it isn't like that everywhere... but it should be!
I agree it's common courtesy.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22
Has anyone eliminated the engagement of the anti lock brakes as the reason? Although it would odd on the highway, I've hit spots on on commercial roads where it engaged and scared the (blank) out of me.
Same here. File a complaint with the NTSB. So that's what makes me think is this a larger issue beyond a year, or two.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 10
Re: Warranty

How do I file a complaint/notice with NTSB?
Jwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
JSchu22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 228
No I meant a proper engagement of the anti lock brakes. Like driving over a spot where oil somehow got spilled. This happened to me once and I swore a tire went down or something similarly scary. I drove by the same spot a week later and felt it again, but this time I happened to look at my gauges and the traction loc light was blinking. This happened one other time elsewhere but I didn't freak out because I had experienced it before. My brakes have never been anything but flawless btw.

Its hard to diagnose a problem like this over a message board and I don't mean to suggest its driver-related, just playing devils advocate. I bet several on here are at least somewhat unfamiliar with how the car feels when the anti lock brakes engage and what you should do when they do.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22
No I meant a proper engagement of the anti lock brakes. Like driving over a spot where oil somehow got spilled. This happened to me once and I swore a tire went down or something similarly scary. I drove by the same spot a week later and felt it again, but this time I happened to look at my gauges and the traction loc light was blinking. This happened one other time elsewhere but I didn't freak out because I had experienced it before. My brakes have never been anything but flawless btw.

Its hard to diagnose a problem like this over a message board and I don't mean to suggest its driver-related, just playing devils advocate. I bet several on here are at least somewhat unfamiliar with how the car feels when the anti lock brakes engage and what you should do when they do.
It feels like regular old fashioned brakes to me. But when abs kicks in its like a weird assist. If you stand on them by accident or anything you'll feel it or as mentioned above, the light may pop on. Correct?
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Members Mustangs

89 gt

BAD CO.

Tibby

Malonjao
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



06:03 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.