Warranty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Warranty

So when i bought my 2011 v6 and my dealers said it had ford warranty on it, but when i drove it yesterday, my brake had some issues. When i step on the brake, i can feel the front wheels is shaking. I wasnt brake too hard. It was just normal brake. And then all of sudden, the brake pedal shaking. It was so scary. I dont know what i did to her but i didnt drive aggressively. So i am going to do a brake check, probably need to drop off my car. But at that time, will ford let me borrow me a car to drive? Coz my friend, he drove a lexus, he brought his car to lexus warranty thing and lexus asked him to choose any cars to let him drive during they check my friends car. I wonder if ford offers things like this? Just wondering.
Rileychan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Brakes aren't covered under warranty. Unless you got the service plan (or whatever it's called, I forget) Not sure if they'll lend you a car if you drop it off. My guess would be no but only one way to find out!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yeah there considered normal wear items
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
When i dropped my car off they gave me a 2012 focus to drive around o and yupp i still have it i miss my car lol its been 2 weeks
Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota
Re: Warranty

Where I live the local GM/Ford/Mopar dealers ALL have free loaners for you to drive when your car is getting repaired/serviced. I suspect that is simply due to the fact that all of their competitors do it.......... I mean even for basics like oil/lube/filter changes.

My boss dropped off a 2012 Taurus and they gave him a 2012 Fusion to drive while his was getting warranty work done.

Yeah, I know it isn't like that everywhere... but it should be!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBad3.7
When i dropped my car off they gave me a 2012 focus to drive around o and yupp i still have it i miss my car lol its been 2 weeks
What happened? !?!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01
So when i bought my 2011 v6 and my dealers said it had ford warranty on it, but when i drove it yesterday, my brake had some issues. When i step on the brake, i can feel the front wheels is shaking. I wasnt brake too hard. It was just normal brake. And then all of sudden, the brake pedal shaking. It was so scary. I dont know what i did to her but i didnt drive aggressively. So i am going to do a brake check, probably need to drop off my car. But at that time, will ford let me borrow me a car to drive? Coz my friend, he drove a lexus, he brought his car to lexus warranty thing and lexus asked him to choose any cars to let him drive during they check my friends car. I wonder if ford offers things like this? Just wondering.
Did the yellow traction control light come on when this happened?
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

What happened? !?!
Spun bearings/broke a conecting rod
Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
It's possible that it might be covered. They won't cover wear but if there's a defect in the pad or rotor they should warranty it. My '11 GT had a pulsation in the pedal from a rotor getting warped. They replaced them and pads, under warranty. Free loaner is up to the specific dealer.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Some dealers even partner with rental car outlets for their loaners. That's what happened for me when they did my manual transmission flush.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Depends on where you love here they just started doing it only for Lincoln vehicles.

* Live
Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBad3.7

Spun bearings/broke a conecting rod
Dang dude!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

Dang dude!
Yea tell me about it im supposed to get her back tomarrow but of corse i leave today and wontbe back to get her till the 11th
Old 06-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Dang it I went to ford dealership today and they said they can borrow me a car to drive but I'm under 21!!!!
Rileychan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lolol yea ford is quick to let you rent a ford focus when your car is in their shop. Lolol
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #16

This exact same brake issue happened to me in May 20th! I have a '12 with 5K miles so I took it to the dealer I purchased it from. They looked at it for two hours and said they couldn't find an issue.

I didn't imagine this so it makes me nervous they couldn't find an issue. Something is wrong and if you had the same issue it may be an even bigger issue....I just don't want this to happen again if I'm on the interstate.
Jwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwizzle
This exact same brake issue happened to me in May 20th! I have a '12 with 5K miles so I took it to the dealer I purchased it from. They looked at it for two hours and said they couldn't find an issue.

I didn't imagine this so it makes me nervous they couldn't find an issue. Something is wrong and if you had the same issue it may be an even bigger issue....I just don't want this to happen again if I'm on the interstate.
I'm still having the braking issue in mine on the interstate. It's scary and I just got bumped out of warranty the other day. Hit 36k miles. Trust me mate it's scary. I'm getting it fixed this weekend, I can't stand the noise or the freaky vibration from the rotors.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #18

I see you're out of warranty which is sad. Did you get the problem officially diagnosed? What is it? I'd like to go back and give them another idea to look at... Thanks!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Has anyone eliminated the engagement of the anti lock brakes as the reason? Although it would odd on the highway, I've hit spots on on commercial roads where it engaged and scared the (blank) out of me.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if there is a faulty part. At 38,000 my calipers sized on my 06; I was supposed to be covered by the Ford ESP, but they said they needed to" re-do the brakes". I did the brakes new pads, rotors problem not solved. I take it to a 3rd party mechanic, who I've used for years he said,, the calipers were sticking, solution was to replace the calipers. This helped, but never worked. I experience much the same issues, not sure if they did anything different between 05 and 11 to the brake system.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John
Where I live the local GM/Ford/Mopar dealers ALL have free loaners for you to drive when your car is getting repaired/serviced. I suspect that is simply due to the fact that all of their competitors do it.......... I mean even for basics like oil/lube/filter changes.

My boss dropped off a 2012 Taurus and they gave him a 2012 Fusion to drive while his was getting warranty work done.

Yeah, I know it isn't like that everywhere... but it should be!
I agree it's common courtesy.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22
Has anyone eliminated the engagement of the anti lock brakes as the reason? Although it would odd on the highway, I've hit spots on on commercial roads where it engaged and scared the (blank) out of me.
Same here. File a complaint with the NTSB. So that's what makes me think is this a larger issue beyond a year, or two.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #21

How do I file a complaint/notice with NTSB?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

No I meant a proper engagement of the anti lock brakes. Like driving over a spot where oil somehow got spilled. This happened to me once and I swore a tire went down or something similarly scary. I drove by the same spot a week later and felt it again, but this time I happened to look at my gauges and the traction loc light was blinking. This happened one other time elsewhere but I didn't freak out because I had experienced it before. My brakes have never been anything but flawless btw.

Its hard to diagnose a problem like this over a message board and I don't mean to suggest its driver-related, just playing devils advocate. I bet several on here are at least somewhat unfamiliar with how the car feels when the anti lock brakes engage and what you should do when they do.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22
No I meant a proper engagement of the anti lock brakes. Like driving over a spot where oil somehow got spilled. This happened to me once and I swore a tire went down or something similarly scary. I drove by the same spot a week later and felt it again, but this time I happened to look at my gauges and the traction loc light was blinking. This happened one other time elsewhere but I didn't freak out because I had experienced it before. My brakes have never been anything but flawless btw.

Its hard to diagnose a problem like this over a message board and I don't mean to suggest its driver-related, just playing devils advocate. I bet several on here are at least somewhat unfamiliar with how the car feels when the anti lock brakes engage and what you should do when they do.
It feels like regular old fashioned brakes to me. But when abs kicks in its like a weird assist. If you stand on them by accident or anything you'll feel it or as mentioned above, the light may pop on. Correct?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang