Current order wait time - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: Current order wait time

Just got my window sticker today... the build date is officially the 25th... ETA is supposedly 6/30. If that's true it will be super fast!

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

yeah..but where are you? then you have to account for final inspection, lot assignment and whether its coming to you by truck or rail. Mine was built 4/4, final inspect 4/6, lot assigned (parking at factory), then loaded on rail to SC from mich., then assigned to truck on arrival to get to dealer. I got it 4/25

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Kentucky. I have rail lines running through town and a major interstate. So, it shouldn't be too slow rolling in after it leaves the plant.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Awesome!
SharP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

a week transport then...keep fingers crossed

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Actually... looking at the window sticker, it says shipment method is a Convoy, which apparently means a truck. I don't know if that's good or bad for time frames, but has to reduce travel time compared to loading and unloading rail cars and then loading trucks.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharP
Below dealer invoice on a new model year? I wasn't that lucky
Yeah, like I said...I've heard some tall tales. I just don't know where the dealer incentive would be.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

my incentive was $500 off the price of the car...all I got. AND a few accessories free for the mid-order change on the color of my wheels from black to grey (not what I ordered)

Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

I Ordered my '13 GT/Premium 6MT - Black/Black, Electronics/Nav Package, Shaker Pro Audio, Comfort Pack, and Security/reverse sensor Pack,

ON 4-16-12. I received my Vin# and Window Sticker in exactly 5 Weeks and 2 Days.

The car was delivered in exactly 6 Weeks and 3 Days and I drove it home.

I was told by the dealer 4 to 6 weeks and not to get my hopes up to shoot for 6 to 8 weeks. From day I ordered to delivery - 6 weeks and 3 days. I live Upstate NY if that makes a difference.

I only mentioned all the options I ordered, because that might have something to do with the wait time. I know I read they were backordered on some parts, especially the Brembo Brakes. Then a factory explosion in Germany that could effect the manufacturing of some plastic parts needed to build the cars... Who knows. Plenty of rumors circulating on the forums and look, I just past them around too.

Silly as it may sound, that was probably the longest 6 weeks and 3 days of my life. Being out of work with a job injury probably made it all that much longer with so much time on my hands. Buying over $600 in cleaning products and aftermarket goodies while I was waiting and salivating.

Good Luck to you all and hope the wait is sooner than later. I was told it would be worth the wait. It really is!!! Wait till you turn the key on your very own stang. I hope none of you got the black. I already have a few thin scratches and swirl marks and I am sooooo careful. You can't even close a door or the trunk without leaving finger smudges everwhere. You have to touch the paint to close the hood. No interior hand grab. Terrible.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Read the very last post from Greg3, that would be me. Just to give you some idea. That glass roof just might be delaying things a bit. If they are backordered on some of the options from their suppliers, you will have to wait longer. Read my post.

Good Luck. You are going to be a very happy camper when she arrives.
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3 View Post
You can't even close a door or the trunk without leaving finger smudges everwhere.
Well, they came stock with prop rods. Means you could let them fall and close with their own weight... sounds like someone bought some hood shocks.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

lol...ordered mine...not here yet......
hate that darn prop rod....

Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Man, are you sharp! Yeah, I bought the (RedlineTuning Hood Struts) and absolutely love them. They work great and look very cool with the hood open. Gone forever is that ancient Prop Rod. They were the second must have simple Mod to my new addition to the family.

Ahh, I bet your mind is working and are now wondering what then is the #1must have simple mod I did. You guessed it again! That would have to be the BONDRA (Clutch Pedal Extender). What a HUGE difference in comfort, convience of driving and relaxed, arms extended seating position it makes. The price of admission, only about 50 bucks. A lot of cash for just two pieces of molded plastic, BUT wait till you see how your driving experience and getting in and out of the car without having to move the seat back and forth every single time will be AND that it also looks fantastic. You could never even tell anything was done to the pedal. Probably going to be my most important fix of all.

ONE more simple and probably not needed addition, but what a difference it makes to the interior of the trunk. The Black LLoyd 5.0 Logo carpeted Mat. When you open the trunk lid, the inside of the trunk just pops and puts another smile on you face. It really is sharp looking and worth the $99. It fit "Perfectly" like a glove, all the way up into the back of the trunk. I'm still looking and will wait to find the LLoyd 5.0 interior mats. Nobody has them.

Maybe just the Roush side skirts which look really cool and that is it. My dealer and service advisor told me, (because I asked) that any Modification to that engine at all will more than likely cause me a lot of grief and in their words "Your warranty will be SCREWED"), so there goes those mods I had planned. Not even the minor CAI can I get. Best leaving it stock anyway. I have read of some engine, idle, throttle hesitation and "service engine soon light" staying lit after that mod. Who needs those problems on a brand spanking new GT!

Goodbye. It was a pleasure talking to you all...
Old 06-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

mine are gonna take a little longer...ordered the struts and brackets in body color

Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

My Gt is black so the Redline black powder coated hood struts (Plus Series) look like factory. I'm sure you already know how cool they will look on your car painted in the same body color. Good Luck with all you Mods, no matter how simple or elaborate.

I left the hood prop rod right where it sits. It doesn't bother me and I don't even notice it. If I removed it, you still will have the holes or gaps where the attachment clips were and that hook that's molded into the front cover to accept and retain the prop when closed, which would look like something belongs there but is missing. Keeps everything stock too and no more adding junk around the garage that will get lost anyway. I could remove at any time I want anyway if it starts to bother me. I know, I think too much.

Enjoy that Stang, Later
Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah! Got my VIN today and eta of 3rd week of july.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan

My car was built and released from the factory to transport on Wednesday. Looks like I will have it Monday (may even be dropped off this weekend they said). I offered to drive to Auto Alliance in Flat Rock to pick it up since it is only 1.5 hours from here LOL.

And as luck would have it, I received a 2013 Mustang brochure in the mail yesterday. On the last page was a $750 coupon so the sales rep added it to my order today. They said that the coupon usually gets attached to a brochure sent to someone who just bought a car so rarely gets used - and that is what happened in my case since I leased a Lincoln MKZ for my wife before I decided to order a new Mustang. When I called to ask a question on the Lincoln they asked if I would like a brochure so of course I said yes.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I keep trying for the brochures but Ford seems reluctant to mail/email them to me. xD

I did manage to get an X-plan discount though, which has lowered my cost by about $800.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I work at the parts counter of a diff dealer than one who sold me my car, I keep in touch as the parts boy are the ones who will get those in...just saying...LOL

Old 06-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Geeze, All you guys must be chomping at the bit. I just waited 6-1/2 weeks for my '13 GT and believe me, I know what all of you are going through. That was all that was on my mind the whole time.

Anyway, good luck and congrats to all of you. I am still salivating every time I look at my black beauty and start her up. I went to a family barbecue this weekend with it and it was the star of the entire weekend. I never heard so many oohs and aahs. I town patrol car pulled up next to me (I thought, oh oh, what did I do now) and he yelled out his window to me, of how he admired and loved my car and "am I loving it" so I pulled over and opened the hood too and chatted for 10 minutes about the car. He is going to order one in white, so he says. There is not one day of the week, where you are not going to get attention or someone or people are around your car when you get out of the store or whatever. Men, women, older folk and you get into a conversation.

Again, Good Luck and enjoy! Make sure you park on the empty side of the parking lots too. There still will be someone parked right next to you when you come back to your car sometimes anyway.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

usually what happens to me at walmart....park on the dark side of the moon and walk a long way....and still find someone no less than a slot away from me...errr

Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
^ happens Every time. I think there is that one person that stops to look at it. Then the others that actually want to make you mad. I always check for door dents
Old 06-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like July 24 is the date! I got my sticker from customer service today. Been a really long wait, but the end is in sight.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

your wait is almost over.....only another, what...26 days?

Old 06-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

24th is ETA or build date? Either way, congrats!

Old 06-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Delivery at dealer, 24th. So yeah...about 25,26 days! Still seems like a lllllloooooonnnngggg time, but now that I have a date I feel better. I'm cleaning out her spot in the garage!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Left The plant yesterday!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet! You should have it in just a few days!

Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I can't wait! This has been quite a test of my patience. I think I'll sleep in it! LOL
Old 07-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

LOL.....wouldnt blame you a bit on that one

Old 07-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

You'll absolutely love it... I was soooo tempted to sleep in mine the first night. lol

Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
You'll absolutely love it... I was soooo tempted to sleep in mine the first night. lol
Lol crazy ^^
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

No. Crazy is the fact I took delivery on 7/3 with 7 miles on the odo. It now has 820 miles on it. Yep, that's crazy.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

love to drive it...I dont blame you there either. Since mine was down while I did all that work to it..Slimer's up to 1200. Got the Corolla parked as its gonna make a 2k trip to and from NY for a wedding the morning after Mustang Week cruise-in. Slowly working it up to a faster top speed..test pilot style, a little at a time

Old 07-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

I've just had mine around 90ish hitting the Interstate on-ramp. No desire to do a high speed run yet, I'm just enjoying the car. I have done a few 1-2 shifts that barked the tires. Not tried the same with a 2-3 because I just haven't found an area to go that fast. 2.73s require a bit higher speeds to attempt such feats that than other gears. After a good 1-2 you're going about 70.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

When and where is this Mustang week?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang