Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Current order wait time

12K views 93 replies 15 participants last post by  pwrby4d 
#1 ·
I ordered my 2013 V6 premium with a glass roof 8 weeks ago today, but no VIN yet. Anyone recently get theirs? And can you tell me how long you waited? I'm eager to get it!!!

#2 ·
waited a month and a half before the vin was sent to the dealer. they must really be backed up. total time was ordered 2/4 and arrived 4/25. Worth the wait...but they are dragging in your case...

#3 ·
I ordered my race red MCA convertible 6 weeks ago and was told that a 6 - 8 week time frame was the expectation.

Got my VIN on Friday and it is scheduled for build the week of June 18 with an expected delivery date of July 1. So about 10 weeks total, if the delivery date holds up.

#5 ·
I didnt have a choice...coming in on the first group of 2013s...but the wait time seems to have increased dramatically

#6 ·
Are the 2013's order only? Or are some with standard options sent to dealers? I've looked at the dealer where I got my 11 and they told me they had one but it's ordered by someone so we could look just not crank it and drive it. Jw.

#7 ·
well.....the thinking there is either you get the 2 dealer standards....fully loaded with more than you want, or stripped and missing what you want. I did the Burger King idea and ordered it "My Way". the just goofed me mid order with the wheel change but compensated me for it. havent paid for an accessory yet....(All wather floor mats, locking gas cap, mud guards, and a set of the 2013 Cali Special black grilles)

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

BUT they wouldnt get me the cali special black wheels (1900 retail) but all that they gave me was over $900. They got a great rating in the after the sale survey...LOL! 2 thumbs up!

#9 ·
Gtzzoom said:
well.....the thinking there is either you get the 2 dealer standards....fully loaded with more than you want, or stripped and missing what you want. I did the Burger King idea and ordered it "My Way". the just goofed me mid order with the wheel change but compensated me for it. havent paid for an accessory yet....(All wather floor mats, locking gas cap, mud guards, and a set of the 2013 Cali Special black grilles)

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

BUT they wouldnt get me the cali special black wheels (1900 retail) but all that they gave me was over $900. They got a great rating in the after the sale survey...LOL! 2 thumbs up!
Yep that is usually how it is. My 11 came with the premium setup. But I wanted the upgrade on lights and the touch screen upgrade. Other than that it's everything I wanted and more. Originally I jut wanted a simple leather wrapped steering wheel lol

#12 ·
put mine there when gas prices were still outrageous. our cops found some guy siphoning out a ford product with the new quick fill system...so it CAN be done...

#15 ·
I ordered mine on April 28 and was told 6 - 8 weeks. Got my VIN last Friday and a confirmation this week that it is scheduled for build on June 18 and delivery on June 23 (which is odd since that is a Saturday).

Hopefully the build and delivery dates hold up. Already sold the 2006 Mustang, and today sold my 2006 Focus (I replaced it with a Lincoln MKZ for my wife and was going to trade it in on the new Mustang).

#16 ·
Wish i had your luck! I hope the late June deliveries hold up for you guys.

I ordered the performance white with the the appearance pkg like the avatar. I'll bet my glass roof is what the delay is. I've never seen a live one, only pictures. Still no VIN. Hubby ordered a new F150 w ecoboost the same day, and his isn't here yet either.

#17 ·
Ford must really be getting backed up with either orders for stock units or more folks are ordering it "Their WAY"..aka the burger king philosophy I love!

#18 ·
It depends heavily on the features you want. The more gadgets, the slower the build cause they have to deal with more supplies and dealerships competing for them.

I ordered a completely base V6 in GHIG. Only way I could get one short of them charging me to ship one from a dealership 150 miles away. I ordered 5/31, got the VIN 6/7 and a build date hasn't been scheduled, but it's slated for the week of 6/25. I'm guessing I'll get mine the 2nd week of July.

#19 ·
sounds like a good estimate to me there sanguin...
I ordered mine 2/4, got the vin 3/22, was built 4/4 and didnt get until 4/25

#20 ·
Sanguin..Sharp...what the word on your rides..?
Sanguin..I see in your signature that it says build date of 6/25....get your vin yet?

#24 ·
SharP, get the dealer's order number and pm Dyesha on Allfords (hate to do that) but she can track your car. She knew more about it than my dealership. I haven't used them for anything but VIN verification since they couldn't even give me an order number.

I'd wager that your dealership is low volume and has used up its allocations... You might be better finding another dealer, but inquire as to whether they have the allocations before you make a deal.

#25 ·
making me glad I got my order in early...but completely understood many wanted to see the restyle in person. Another reason why I went to the Barrett Jackson in palm beach in April....I wanted to see everything in person (including my color) even though It was on order. Wish the dealers had more info up when I ordered...that was how they screwed me on the performance wheel change from black to dark grey, but at least they compensated me for that.

#26 ·
Ford info, even on their website, still says the PP has BLACK Foundry wheels.

As for me, I just now decided to make the leap. The salesman at the dealership TOLD ME to drive a '13 white/v6/auto while he looked for the car I specified. ;) I knew what I wanted and I still hadn't seen a GHIG in person up until 1 week ago. I've now seen three, but all are on dealer lots, not on the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.