Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Raxiom projectors or HID kit

7K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeffola 
#1 ·
Need help in deciding on headlights for my 2012 v6 and am torn between the raxiom and an HID kit....need very bright light to illuminate where I live...lots of critters around. Suggestions? Advice?

#2 ·
Hurry up and run away before we all throw rocks at yet another "Should I consider aftermarket HIDS?" thread.

Haha, jk. Sorta. Don't do aftermarket HIDs, the OEM housings aren't designed for the that. The problem with suggesting the Raxioms is that I have not read that they are any better, in terms of performance, than the OEM lights. Maybe just some higher output bulbs and fog lights if you don't have them.

#5 ·
Rykenknight said:
Higher output sounds good to me saves me money lol don't want to stir up trouble just figured I'd ask advice.
Yeah, if you've seen any of the other "HID" threads you wouldn't have started this one. It gets brutal! lol. If your looking for better visibility, grab fogs and you'll be good. And if there's no one on the road, use your brights! That's why you have them :)

#6 ·
Oh it's no trouble, just sooo many questions involving aftermarket HIDs and some have strong opinions of them. Go with quality higher output bulbs (even though some also question their merit) and if they work, great. If not, you didn't waste a lot of money.

#7 ·
Nice grabber man!! Anyways I have 6000k hid in my GB and they look pretty good some people say that they blind other drivers but my personal opinion is that if you have the installed correctly they're not so bad I mean when I see HID's comin at me I think eh they're kida bright but I mean it was two seconds of my life and I think they're not ridiculously bright I mean ya worse when people have they're brights on. In the end do what you like best regardless of what other people say

#15 ·
JSchu22 said:
Hurry up and run away before we all throw rocks at yet another "Should I consider aftermarket HIDS?" thread.

Haha, jk. Sorta. Don't do aftermarket HIDs, the OEM housings aren't designed for the that. The problem with suggesting the Raxioms is that I have not read that they are any better, in terms of performance, than the OEM lights. Maybe just some higher output bulbs and fog lights if you don't have them.
+1. I went with raxioms. Just have to save up. Gentlemen, raise your rocks!

#20 ·
Hey guys, Just reading your thread, I just sent back the Raxioms, to be blunt, the projectors are more like candlepower. I had upgraded their pitiful H9 Halogens to an HID setup (From the retrofit source) and they still lacked any real output. (that was a long sentence).

Anyway, I just bought a few HID housings off ebay and will either buy a ready made or make my own (did a ton of research last night, simply could not sleep) harnesses.

Not a difficult task and all told should cost me about 650.

I love American Muscle, but this wasnt a quality product.

#21 ·
Hey guys, Just reading your thread, I just sent back the Raxioms, to be blunt, the projectors are more like candlepower. I had upgraded their pitiful H9 Halogens to an HID setup (From the retrofit source) and they still lacked any real output. (that was a long sentence).

Anyway, I just bought a few HID housings off ebay and will either buy a ready made or make my own (did a ton of research last night, simply could not sleep) harnesses.

Not a difficult task and all told should cost me about 650.

I love American Muscle, but this wasnt a quality product.
Plz dont forget to post pics of the build and finish product I'm interested in this as well

#22 · (Edited)
HID Install

I am going to write a install up on this, but I just got all my parts ordered and the Housings came in. Just waiting on the plugs and i'll make my harness.

I updated my wiring diagram, Using the 87/87a relay you dont need the diode.

Trying to minimize any points of failure

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
I have the silverstar ultra bulbs in the stock headlights. There is a slight improvement but it's not mind blowing. I was thinking Raxiom for a while as well but after doing some research I decided that fog lights would be the better and more practical choice. I would buy the Silverstar's again and will put more in once these die.... worth the $50ish i spent. just my .02

#24 ·
I used to love the Silverstar bulbs, but you will find (as most report) that they will blow at 11-13 months. Thats makes the $50 a less attractive annual investment.

Piaa makes a bulb that lasts longer.

#25 ·
Jeffola said:
I used to love the Silverstar bulbs, but you will find (as most report) that they will blow at 11-13 months. Thats makes the $50 a less attractive annual investment.

Piaa makes a bulb that lasts longer.
...they have a 12 month warranty

#26 ·
While that's true, it's an un-necessary hassle to annually replace your $50 bulbs.

I have used far better bulbs and once (in my 2007 f 150) I had a bulb catastrophically fail.

It requires rival of the housing. Vacuum out the debris and there was melted plastic from the hot glass that was permanent.

Again, there are better products.

This thread is about raxiom housings. I'm not here to hi-jack just to comment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.