Traction control on/off - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Traction control on/off

Does the traction control being on really effect the power of the car all that much ? I havent yet messed around with it off yet , should I ?
geepoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
That's a good question and I would like to know the answer as well. With the traction control off the car feels a little more powerful and seems to pull harder but it could all be in my head since I know the "training wheels" are off. Just remember with traction control off u have to be more aware or you'll find your wheels spinning, rear end swinging out or the car trying to go where u don't want it to go. Thank goodness stability control will probably kick in right before u have a hard attack. My word of advice would be to never turn stability control off unless u purposely plan on drifting or doing doughnuts and such. .

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight
That's a good question and I would like to know the answer as well. With the traction control off the car feels a little more powerful and seems to pull harder but it could all be in my head since I know the "training wheels" are off. Just remember with traction control off u have to be more aware or you'll find your wheels spinning, rear end swinging out or the car trying to go where u don't want it to go. Thank goodness stability control will probably kick in right before u have a hard attack. My word of advice would be to never turn stability control off unless u purposely plan on drifting or doing doughnuts and such. .
I meant to add u should experiment with traction control off just to get the feel of it, just make sure the roads are dry. Traction control off allows for a lot more playing around but it also increases the risk of u ending up in a ditch after a hard acceleration for example.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Where is the stability control button? Confused
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Turn traction control off by pressing the button. To turn off Advanced Traction Control, press and hold the same button for 5 seconds with brake depressed.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Interesting... heehee I think there is some fun and games in my future!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
Interesting... heehee I think there is some fun and games in my future!
I always turn both off when I want to drive aggressively. Really, the only reason I don't is when it's raining.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 06-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
So how do you turn it back on? Just hold again for five seconds? My car goes 5mph faster without it. Instead of 115 it'll do 120. Just my two cents. So something is there
Old 06-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
re: Traction control on/off

Havent played with either feature...YET....key word.
once 'Slimer' is totally broken in (1k not the silly 600 miles the manual says...many mechanics say thats too short on mileage) its time to rock and roll! Already have a 96 GT and a 2006 GT that want to see what he can do.....the axle backs should be on by then...LOL!

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning
So how do you turn it back on? Just hold again for five seconds? My car goes 5mph faster without it. Instead of 115 it'll do 120. Just my two cents. So something is there
Just press the button again.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
Havent played with either feature...YET....key word.
once 'Slimer' is totally broken in (1k not the silly 600 miles the manual says...many mechanics say thats too short on mileage) its time to rock and roll! Already have a 96 GT and a 2006 GT that want to see what he can do.....the axle backs should be on by then...LOL!
Maybe before you start redlining it, but the nonsense about not driving it on the highway, etc. is ridiculous. Cars were made to be driven.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

never said wasnt driving him on the highway. Car gets a good mix here at the beach. We have Hwy 31 (aka the autobeach) where, if you know where the cops are hiding (helps to be a local firefighter), you can wind it out. Been up to 72 and did a nice takeoff from the ramp up to that speed. BUT...as for giving it my all to get it to do its all...not yet. Once I get the sidewiews and side scoops back from the body shop, and hopefully my 1/4 louvers in from American Muscle......it will be time for a shakedown cruise on 31....head for 75.
more to come im sure...debating on taking it to Darlington for the drag night for Mustang Week...

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

+1...good point Ronnie

Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thanks,GTZZOOM,

I had to delete what I said due to I'm still trying to learn how to use this Forum. What I said was.

I don't think that you lose any power or top speed when the traction control is turned on. It will only activate if there is any wheel spin or slippage at all. You can turn it off if you are auto_Xing or want to do burnouts ETC. But only turn it off if you are a very good driver. I'm sure you do not want to spin out or crash your car.

I had it on My Corvette and my last car a Factory Cooper JCW and when I hot lapped at Daytona I just left it on and I seemed to corner a whole lot smoother and faster. It is a very good thing unless you are a very good excellent driver and it will only activate if you start losing control of your car.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I don't think you have any more power or top speed without the traction control because it will only be activated with any wheel slippage. It is nice to turn it off if auto X-ing or if you want to do burnouts ETC, If you are a very good driver that knows what they are doing.. but most drivers really need to leave it on.

It may save you from spinning out or crashing your car so be super careful if you turn it off.

+11
Old 06-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I'm not sure how you're getting 120 out of the 3.7L, it's software limited to 113MPH from the factory. Do you have a tune? Also, if you do have a tune, do you have a stock driveshaft? If you do, be very careful about how fast you go. The stock shafts come apart catastrophically at around 130-135 MPH.
fadedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Its all stock man. The governor I thought was 125. my tires are rated For 118 mph. And just take the t/c off and it should do it, the two price driveshaft does suck I must agree.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Takin the t/c off won't override the governor. So unless you were going downhill, I'm doubtful of any speeds that high. Oh and your tires will let you go as fast as you want. Until they come apart that is.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Or the crap driveshaft goes. But something is gonna give if you push it too hard. That's with anything. I usually just get up to that speed every once and awhile on a clear patch of interstate. Keeps everything lubed up nice
Old 06-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Side note: Speed Ratings on tires are accurate, I have personnal experience, that I can confirm it's true. The Tires will not just Explode on you if you exceed their linitations, but the Tires Will slowly melt away off your car or melt down enough till they explode. Seriously the melted tire rubber will spread over the ares of your car, that tires usually kick up dirt/water/mud on and yes, you will need to replace those Tires ASSAP.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Yep. And they make them that high because they don't think you'll ever go that fast. They obviously never met mustang owners. And tar and rubber is the biggest pain to get off. Just use peanut butter
Old 06-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

+1
Old 06-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

thought you folks were kidding about improved takeoff with traction and advance trak off.......OH CRAP! Sat and did what you folks told me....foot on the brake and hold the traction button for over 5 seconds...both came up as off. as was over 800 miles finally, I wanted to see what it would do.....I felt like I had more power..and an it from 0-40 in nothing....but managed to not bark the tires. Have to push it harder after I hit 1k miles...LOL! Thanks for the tip gang!

Old 06-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #22

Region: New Jersey
Don't forget about sport mode too. Less invasive traction control I reckon.
Fo Sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Sho
Don't forget about sport mode too. Less invasive traction control I reckon.
Only for perf pack.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

yep.....thats correct...I have that.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedsoldier View Post
I'm not sure how you're getting 120 out of the 3.7L, it's software limited to 113MPH from the factory. Do you have a tune? Also, if you do have a tune, do you have a stock driveshaft? If you do, be very careful about how fast you go. The stock shafts come apart catastrophically at around 130-135 MPH.
WHAT!? are you sure about this... i hit around 110+ all the time.. i'm pretty sure i've done around 120 and i havn't really even punched it yet. These mustangs aren't made to go over 113 stock? ugh.. that makes me sad. That's actually really sad. Please someone tell me this isn't the case.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

my upgraded drive-shaft is so much lower on my mod list.. i don't want to bump it higher.. i'm pretty sure i'm about to cry.
2005 Chevy S-10
2007 Hyundai Tiberon GT
2016 ECOBOOST Stang w/ Performance Pkg
Malonjao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malonjao

WHAT!? are you sure about this... i hit around 110+ all the time.. i'm pretty sure i've done around 120 and i havn't really even punched it yet. These mustangs aren't made to go over 113 stock? ugh.. that makes me sad. That's actually really sad. Please someone tell me this isn't the case.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

my upgraded drive-shaft is so much lower on my mod list.. i don't want to bump it higher.. i'm pretty sure i'm about to cry.
They are software limited to about 113 which is one of the reasons I brought a 2010 GT instead, it's limited to 147, although I've never been over 105 which I did in both my 2010 GT and 2000 V6
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malonjao

+1. You punch these cars they will fly, do it over say 5 minutes and something will break. It's sad on the v6. But hey, mine was a rental car. That has to tell you something about it. The GT is for speed demons and people who have money to blow at the pump. We sixxers are speed demons of about 15mph less and we get 25-32 mpg
Old 02-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
New tires and driveshaft then you can do whatever, whenever and as long as you want. Unless your like me and pull out on ice causing tire spin and a Po657 code. God damn auto.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #29
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Speed limitation is different depending on the gear ratio of your car.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Advancedtrac sport mode is in all models I believe
Old 02-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBlackGT View Post
Advancedtrac sport mode is in all models I believe
My 2014 doesn't have sport mode. It's either traction and stability on/off, or traction off and stability on. No sport mode.

Also, this thread is from 2012.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Try pressing brake in and double tapping tc button, because my 2014 base has it
Old 02-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Only 5.0s have sport mode t/c not the 3.7s!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Oh
Old 02-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I just turned Advancetrac Sport Mode on in my 2014 Performance Package 3.7

Sent from my XT1053 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang