Rear seat delete......anybody? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: Rear seat delete......anybody?

you have the boss look going on...see what the laguna seca bar runs for yours and add it...never know..it works with the look of your ride...

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

not well educated.....just been around. experimented with different things and figured out that cargo webbing works wonders in many applications

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Would be legit. And I can always tell my friends, sorry, I have only one seat. Figured you can only have three in the thing anyway and the back seat is mostly just for insurance purposes
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

got that right. unless your friends are contortionists and like visiting the chiropractor on a regular basis..the back seat is nothing than a parcel shelf.......

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

The boss comes with a rear seat!!! Omg exciting news. And gt. I finally saw your color. Pure sex!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

second time someone has called my color that...LOL! Yes I know the Boss comes with a back seat...BUT the Laguna Seca Boss does not......Conceptcarz.com | Vehicle Information From Concept to Production

Old 06-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Me and the gf were at a lot and they had a total of yes,15 2013 mustangs. The base v6 in your color though, junk. If you want anything good on these cars you gotta get a package. Ha mostly roush stage 1 and 2. Had a 2012 boss in red and a 2013 ghig boss. We roll up to the lot and the two security guards let us look and one asked if mine was a boss. Just sharing this story lol
Old 06-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

hand them fooled...was the idea behind the stripes originally yes/no? LOL just need black wheels to finish the look...

Old 06-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I wanted a 2012 boss. Dad said no to even chipping in so I went with the v6. He put 500 in on it and the rest I paid for. Real estate is good some days looked through multiple boss pictures. Patriot came up an we decided that's a better look. So that's the whole idea. I want black wheels...but I needed tires more. I'll have the car for quite awhile and these michelins are soo oh soo smooth. Like I'm riding in a camaro or caddy. But at the same time...they are huge looking:/
Old 06-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

good time to plasti-dip the wheels then. Only 5.38 a can at Home depot

Old 06-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Have you seen my cheesy 17s?
Old 06-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

SO>?????? have you seen the guy on here with the red V6 vert with fresh plasti dipped wheels...it still looked cool! im mean, seriously.....$11 for a cheap mod that if done right will give the Boss 227 a new look??? Come on dude.....
Mine looks totally diff from going from those darn grey wheels to the satin black look. everyone that sees it, spots the wheels first...then the caliper paint...BTW...your next mod after the rims....JK

Old 06-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Not white lol not a napkin brakes!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

RED

Old 06-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

BTW...see my album. This came in black carpeting...BUT since I had a seat of rear seat covers that matched the front...I couldnt resist.
I highly recommend this seller...it installed in no time...like 10 minutes.
05-11 MUSTANG GT V6 COUPE REAR SEAT DELETE RACE SHOW | eBay

Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #50

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
BTW...see my album. This came in black carpeting...BUT since I had a seat of rear seat covers that matched the front...I couldnt resist.
I highly recommend this seller...it installed in no time...like 10 minutes.
05-11 MUSTANG GT V6 COUPE REAR SEAT DELETE RACE SHOW | eBay
Very nice!

My wife will only let me do that if I look into adding in a dog bed with it.... the dog is only going to way 20-30lbs
Hillbillyzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks!
hmmm.....it might hold that...you could attach it to the top....
I sat on the middle of it as installed the back portion.....but in the center.
Over the drops where the seat bottom was..not so much.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
fulton gets better with his only because of the exhaust removal...better airflow in and out of the engine. Id love to do that...but worried about voiding warranty...sigh
Heeheehee! I love it when I find out I'm being talked about behind my back... then I realize that you all aren't talking bad about me like I'm used to from stupid people that live around me! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Lol thanks guys!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

you're welcome! Believe me...if it wasnt for the warranty..i'd do your trick. The magnaflows with the muffler delete arent allowed so my dealership says...better to not push it...ill be fine with the flow Masters...

Old 06-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks!
hmmm.....it might hold that...you could attach it to the top....
I sat on the middle of it as installed the back portion.....but in the center.
Over the drops where the seat bottom was..not so much.
How's the storage area and the install was simple? The bottom back seat had to suck
Old 06-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
you're welcome! Believe me...if it wasnt for the warranty..i'd do your trick. The magnaflows with the muffler delete arent allowed so my dealership says...better to not push it...ill be fine with the flow Masters...
Magnaflow axle backs will void warranty?!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

bottom was easy....removal of actual seat took 20 seconds once I found the release.
seat back removal took 3 mins, then the latch brackets 3 mins to unbolt. lining the holes in seat delete...errr. use a screwdriver pref a phillips to match holes up then drop in the push pin. the back seat cover took more finess.....like 2 screwdrivers thru bolt holes adn work cover down until they line up....and bam...your done. I just had fun adding the seat covers to it prior to install.....LOL!
you get 2 cupped storage areas where seat bottoms were....my AK fit with some adjustments and the bananna clips are velcroed to the bottom of it

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

magnaflow muffler delete-looking kit...the techs at my dealer said dont get.....might be individual dealers saying yay or nay.....not gonna push it. I want the old school sound of a flow master set!
PLUS...Fultons 'exhaust mod' ill call it....was a bit different than a magnaflow...chime in here Fulton and explain what im getting at

Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
bottom was easy....removal of actual seat took 20 seconds once I found the release.
seat back removal took 3 mins, then the latch brackets 3 mins to unbolt. lining the holes in seat delete...errr. use a screwdriver pref a phillips to match holes up then drop in the push pin. the back seat cover took more finess.....like 2 screwdrivers thru bolt holes adn work cover down until they line up....and bam...your done. I just had fun adding the seat covers to it prior to install.....LOL!
you get 2 cupped storage areas where seat bottoms were....my AK fit with some adjustments and the bananna clips are velcroed to the bottom of it

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

magnaflow muffler delete-looking kit...the techs at my dealer said dont get.....might be individual dealers saying yay or nay.....not gonna push it. I want the old school sound of a flow master set!
PLUS...Fultons 'exhaust mod' ill call it....was a bit different than a magnaflow...chime in here Fulton and explain what im getting at
I unbolted the mufflers and set them aside. Then I bought 2 $5 exhaust hangers from auto zone to hold the over the axle pipes up. Then I took the car to a muffler shop and had them install 2 tips where the cutouts in the bumper are. But they are not attached to the exhaust system. Cheapest turn downs ever! Cost me in total $50. I've had the car at the dealership 3 times on a lift and I've actually got compliments on my ingenuity lol. And before anyone says something about fumes building up the pipes are far enough away from the cabin that i have NEVER smelled any fumes from my car!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Don't see a point to the rear seat delete tbh. :/ Shedding what, 20 pounds off the car will do nothing unless you're doing some serious racing and even then you'll need to get rid of more then just back seats. And it still looks like you have seats kinda lol. Just my opinion, sorry lol
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

that was the idea when I put the seat covers over them..LOL! already siked out half the fire dept. "hey i like your rear seat covers they......wait a minute...those arent seats.." LMAO!
yeah 20lb diet there....have no spare and the mobility kit..another 20 lb diet, and more to come when replace hood with carbon fiber version by april...I hope

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang