Rear seat delete......anybody? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Rear seat delete......anybody?

Hi gang! Been pondering this for at least 2 weeks. I never have more than one passenger in my ride and like the idea of giving 'Slimer' a 40 lb diet, PLUS...later when I get my interior guy to redo my front seats with matching green ultrasoft vinyl...I only have to do the front ones...for now anyway..LOL!
on eBay:
05-11 MUSTANG GT V6 COUPE REAR SEAT DELETE RACE SHOW | eBay
American Muscle:
Rear Seat Delete Kit - Black (05-13 Mustang) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

What are your thoughts folks..?

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: Rear seat delete......anybody?

Sounds like a plan. Although, despite having seats in the back, it is torture to have anyone sit back there.. there is hardly any leg room (esp if your over 6 ft tall) but my GF insist i keep it there in case we need to give her nephews a ride.

If there is no reason to have back seats, go for it!
MustangDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

hmmmph. I never use the thing except for cleaning the inside windows...LOL! I made an offer on the guy on eBay...if he accepts...well, one more thing to do when im off the 27th and 28th from work...weather permitting!

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
Hi gang! Been pondering this for at least 2 weeks. I never have more than one passenger in my ride and like the idea of giving 'Slimer' a 40 lb diet, PLUS...later when I get my interior guy to redo my front seats with matching green ultrasoft vinyl...I only have to do the front ones...for now anyway..LOL!
on eBay:
American Muscle:
Rear Seat Delete Kit - Black (05-13 Mustang) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Gtzzoom,

The rear seat delete is always a debate, you are not alone with the decision making! I think its a great mod, you get some weight out of the back of the car and it looks really sharp! Only having to get 2 seats redone is always a good thing as well lol! We have had REALLY good results from the rear seat delete!

I hope this makes your decision a little bit easier! Hit me up if you need any further assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDUB
Sounds like a plan. Although, despite having seats in the back, it is torture to have anyone sit back there.. there is hardly any leg room (esp if your over 6 ft tall) but my GF insist i keep it there in case we need to give her nephews a ride.

If there is no reason to have back seats, go for it!
+1. And your mpg would go up due to less weight in the rear. Such as the guy that deleted his mufflers. That's 40 pounds off the tail end.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
how does 40 lbs affect mpg in a noticable ways its like 1% of the weight
351mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

While its not the most ideal place to lose weight off the car, the coolness alone makes me want to do it. Combine that with your future seat mods and I'd say go for it. I want to but even though I don't have human passengers back there often, my gfs dog occasionally is. Maybe that's another good reason to break up with her.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Every little bit helps. mine will get a 25 lb diet next year when I add the carbon fiber hood. Im just gonna have more storage hiding under the panel....(good oplace to stash my AK47..LOL) not sure it will do anything for the mpg

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

JS...the dog can sit where the seat was...LOL

Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm also debating on getting it also! I rarely have anybody. Just collects stuff I don't want up front. Lol
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

After looking at pics again I just realized that Gtz. Think it can support the weight of a 70 lbs dog? I also didn't know about the potential for storage underneath as well.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

not sure...the one on ebay said not for subwoofer boxes or NOS bottles...LOL!
He just took my offer...and I bought it. Ill have to let you all know how much 'fun' this will be and add pics to my album. Sigh...more work for the 27th and 28th......

Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
on eBay:
American Muscle:

It wouldn't be for me I have people ride in the back alot. But hey if you never drive more than one and you wanna lose the weight I say go for it.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2017036167.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	54715
Rocco4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

its an over thought 2 seater with a back seat to avoid high insurance. should be an option from the factory and not just for the Laguna Secas

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

interesting customizing on the delete there Rocco

Old 06-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I actually tried to buy all the Laguna Seca rear seat delete components and after the large price tag and difficulties in getting part numbers I gave up. If anyone finds a decent set up I would also be interested. Subscribing.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351mustanggt
how does 40 lbs affect mpg in a noticable ways its like 1% of the weight
Because its not on the rear. There is a guy who took his mufflers off and with a cai and tune he gets 40 mpg. The less weight the better. Especially since its off the rear end. Even things as simple as tire pressure being off by 10 lbs can affect it.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

fulton gets better with his only because of the exhaust removal...better airflow in and out of the engine. Id love to do that...but worried about voiding warranty...sigh

Old 06-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Losing weight anywhere doesn't hurt fuel efficiency, but it's doubtful that 40lbs will have any noticeable affect. That amount would be better up front to get closer to a 50/50 weight balance. But combining it with a CF hood, spare tire removal and a battery relocation, now you're talkin like a race builder!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

But simply put, less weight is less weight. There is no science to it. Now if they made this thing is tan id buy it but by the reviews...I'd make my own out of thicker materials. Plus the pins aren't long enough. A cross brace would be cool like the seca too.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

From personal experience, if you want a good looking rear seat delete, stay away from American Muscle's and MMR's products. The carpet used is cheap and the panels are just cheap fiberboard panelling. The deletes fit horribly and the push pins won't hold the flimsy panels in place. Even worse, they still charge $200 for them.
For a well put together, strong product got to K Dezines. I've chatted with him and his delete kits will support a 70lb. dog and you can even customize it to include a dog bed! K Dezines has a lot of options for their kits and is open to even more customization, all you have to do is give them your requirements/desires. K Dezines website is: Welcome to K Dezines!
fadedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Lightning....the set on ebay can come in tan and grey..
Nice faded.....but for what I was wanting 115 is cheaper than K dezines....
didnt need anything fancy...

Old 06-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

American Muscle has theirs on sale for $135, MMR has theirs no logo for $130 and logo for $200. The problem I have is that they both are charging 4 times what the material and labor is worth. Both companies sell inferior products, IMO. K Dezines is more expensive, but I think in the end the quality is worth it.
fadedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

got mine from CRG....the cheaper the better. I have longer push pins and other hardware i might need. Will make a good concealed spot for my assult rifle (never can have too big of a stick..LOL). Getting the seats out will be fun...

Old 06-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
got mine from CRG....the cheaper the better. I have longer push pins and other hardware i might need. Will make a good concealed spot for my assult rifle (never can have too big of a stick..LOL). Getting the seats out will be fun...
Will it resemble a Z with a "cabinet" system as I call it? If you can turn into storage. How much did yours run?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

K Dezines looks like a boxy seat that's still a seat. :/ not impressed. Also price seems a lil steep for it.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

made an offer..the lowest he went was 115...was asking 126. still room under lower panel...im gonna add a quick - fold handle to pull up as needed......like zombie apocalypse..LOL

Old 06-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Gtz....is there a way you could get a bracing like the laguna edition back there? Can you imagine that in slimer green! Haha i like the rear seat delete but i shockingly have given people rides back there a few times. Coming from an suv its weird when i realize i have limitations on storage and seating, which is why i kept the suv. Can the seats still fold down with rear seat delete? When i was bringing my new wing to get installed i was sure glsd i could flip them down :p
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

actually Stig...the panel pops out as quick as anything...I would have even more flat space room to haul items as seat backs tend to sit on a upward slant. Im gonna rig a cargo net from side to side to quick deploy to keep items from hitting front seat backs....got plenty of black webbing leftover from the firehouse....

Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Are there any sound/road noise implications with doing this? I feel like the rear seats would help reduce the volume at least a bit.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

hmmm......other than the buffer between the bottom of the car behind you, namely the seat bottom...not sure...might increase it actually. I have some floor pan noise pads left over from a previous project...if I have to use them under the seat area...so be it.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Gtz, is your delete kit going to have the bar like the one on eBay? And how does this storage compartment work because if its at least useful I'm getting one next month
Old 06-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

No..i think the one in his pic has one. Im not putting one in unless I can find a laguna seca bar that will work. Not sure on the storage...gonna remove the rear seat sunday in prep..ill let you know then how much room ill have/not have..LOL

Old 06-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

It all flowed in my head when you said cargo net cause I saw that giant misplaced bar. Wait do you take both top and bottom seats or is it just the bottom
Old 06-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

both...hence the 40 lb diet. no, ill make a custom net that will run from inside of where top of rear seat was and give enough play to hold all the way to the front of rear seat area and secure mount in whatever held the fold downs in place at the bottom..itll look like a mini arrestor net from an aircraft carrier..lol!

Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

^Sounds like we have a well educated member over here. It's defiantly better than AM and I want the bar inside. It'll stiffen it up maybe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang