What axle back exhaust???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
What axle back exhaust????

I asked my dealer yesterday if I changed the mufflers to a better sounding set up if it would void my warranty. They said no way it would effect the warranty at all. Not just changing the mufflers.

I'm thinking of Magnaflows but need to know if Borla's or flowmasters would sound better.

I'm not looking for really loud with a bunch of resonances but a nice deep sound.

So far the stainless steel Magnaflow's are on top of my list.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: What axle back exhaust????

I just got my Flowmaster Foce 2's from CJ......except one of the tips got out of the box it was in and got under a muffler...its a bit dented. Hopefully after a nice phone call...they will send me replacement asap.

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Magnaflow street series sound awesome. Traded my flowmaster kit in for them. Much deeper, no popping like the flowmasters, and the tips are a little nicer looking
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Flows have a tradition gargle when spooling down. Sounds nice for older cars. Not these. Magnaflows competitions are loud due to them not have a muffler. Just straight piped with mag tips. Streets have a lower note due to the muffler.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning
Flows have a tradition gargle when spooling down. Sounds nice for older cars. Not these. Magnaflows competitions are loud due to them not have a muffler. Just straight piped with mag tips. Streets have a lower note due to the muffler.
Yeah I've had flowmasters on my previous cars and they were awesome which is why i bought them for my '12. They sounded like a 350z when you revved up and popped like crazy when you let off the gas. Sounded like somebody has hitting the mufflers with a hammer. I called Flowmaster thinking something was wrong with them and they told me the new v6s would sound like that regardless of what mufflers you put. I sent them back and got the magnaflow street axlebacks and loved them ever since. Its as close to a v8 sound as its gonna get. Smooth deep tone, quiet until you want to be heard, tips look great, and best of all doesn't sound like a ricer
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thanks, I'll probably go with the Magnaflow street.

I do like the look of the Ford Racing mufflers but except for the sound clip I don't really know much about them.

I just got the car and I just bought the boss 302 strut bar, a cargo net for holding stuff in the trunk, A set of Visor emblem covers to hide that stupid yellow and white airbag crap. and a carpet dash cover plus a car cover so I gotta save up a few $$$$$ before the muffler exchange unless I can't stand it anymore and fill up the ole credit card and get my Magnaflows.

Mister Impatiant
Ronnie948
Old 06-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

ford racing way too much even if part dept will sell them at employee price. Hence why I got the flows. understand about the pop....but (imo) sounds good to me and less like the rices running up and down the beach here......

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I asked my dealer yesterday if I changed the mufflers to a better sounding set up if it would void my warranty. They said no way it would effect the warranty at all. Not just changing the mufflers.

I'm thinking of Magnaflows but need to know if Borla's or flowmasters would sound better.

I'm not looking for really loud with a bunch of resonances but a nice deep sound.

ronnie948,

I honestly do not think you can go wrong! All 3 brands manufacture a great product. Since you are looking for a clean deep growl but nothing to loud it sounds like Magnaflow is for you! Borla is going to be very loud & flowmaster has the "old school" mustang sound to it.

I hope this helps! Either way I am confident that you will enjoy the sound!

Hit me up if you have any questions!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

thanks Ronnie. Shame you guys didnt have mine in stock and couldnt knock the 400 I paid for them from CJ......

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

and BTW... i WANTED old school...considering thats what I am (42)..LOL!

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

the last 2 posts were directed at 'our friend' from AM...

Old 06-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

For some reason i like the sound of the basannis, but i was a nissan guy before this stang and they do sound very z. I cant decide what exhaust id want, itd be nice to hear them all in person.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
I just got my Flowmaster Foce 2's from CJ......except one of the tips got out of the box it was in and got under a muffler...its a bit dented. Hopefully after a nice phone call...they will send me replacement asap.
Put them on yet? How do they sound?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

No Nicholas.....was planning on that for saturday..BUT, not gonna do it until I get a replacement exhaust tip coming.....
spent good money...they need to send me a replacement

Old 06-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
For some reason i like the sound of the basannis, but i was a nissan guy before this stang and they do sound very z. I cant decide what exhaust id want, itd be nice to hear them all in person.
That would be the best thing. To be able to hear each crank up and take off and spend money from there. The YouTube and AM sound clips just sound too runny together. Bassanis are ok. I'm a mag guy though
Old 06-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

errrrrrrrrrr...just got word from CJ...I have to send the WHOLE thing back for them to get a replacement from Flowmaster.....
gonna be even longer before I can put them on. Better be here before Mustang Week!

Old 06-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
errrrrrrrrrr...just got word from CJ...I have to send the WHOLE thing back for them to get a replacement from Flowmaster.....
gonna be even longer before I can put them on. Better be here before Mustang Week!
Psssst! Do what I did!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

ummmm, Fulton...we discussed this. can you say bye bye warranty...?
I'll wait...not patiently for sure

Old 06-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948

Yeah if you want a good sounding deep tone the magma flow street cat back sounds great. I myself like to show the inner child of my 42 year old body and got the annoying loud magnaflow competition series. At idle and normal driving they are not to loud but the second you put you foot in it the competition series are way loud. But it's all personal preference. Go to American Muscle and listen to their exhaust clips.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey FastV6,

I got the same thing you do but the only difference is my 69 year old body with a 16 year old brain.

With all of the fuzz around Daytona I don't want screaming loud. I just want a nice deep rumble at lower RPM's

When I had my Corvette I put on the Magnaflow Cat-Backs with their X-Pipe and a Blackhawk CAI and went from 13.6 to 12.5 quarter miles It always sounded good but it sure got loud when I floored it.

I'm not after power or anything anymore but I sure miss a real car sound.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I have the Flowmaster Force II's on mine and they sound great. They do gargle and pop but ..... I love it! good friend of mine has a 370 with aftermarket exhaust on it and the two cars sound nothing alike, however, the are some rpm's where they hit a similar note, but overall it does not make the car sound like a ricer or a 350/370 z. Best way I can describe it is that it sounds like a small v8. The car wont sound like a 4.6 or 5.0 no matter which one you buy. It seems like the magnaflow has the best reviews but it's big money. The Roush and flowmaster also have good reviews for much less cheese. Either way you go will be a huge improvement over the stock exhaust. So I guess it's a matter of how much cash or patients you have.

I wanted to also do cai, I got the flowmasters and cai for the price of what you would spend on just the magnaflows. something to think about...........
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
i know some one on here had the magnaflow comps. where the pipes just hollow? or was there baffles in it?
the reason i ask is bc i was thinking of doing straight pipes with just a tip.
think the sound would.be close?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991
i know some one on here had the magnaflow comps. where the pipes just hollow? or was there baffles in it?
the reason i ask is bc i was thinking of doing straight pipes with just a tip.
think the sound would.be close?
I have the magnaflow comps they sound great at idle and rpm up to 3000 then they get real loud but still sound good. When shifting slow you will hear a little pop from lack of back pressure I'm guessing but it not real bad. I got mine off eBay new in magnaflow box for $371.72 shipped to my door.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6

I have the magnaflow comps they sound great at idle and rpm up to 3000 then they get real loud but still sound good. When shifting slow you will hear a little pop from lack of back pressure I'm guessing but it not real bad. I got mine off eBay new in magnaflow box for $371.72 shipped to my door.
Do they scream ricer at high rpm or is it still like a small v8? I'm highly interested in these and the cheaper the better.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Roush Roush Roush! Great sound!!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue305
Roush Roush Roush! Great sound!!
i have heard the roush on a 2011 v6 sounded really good . also.had the poping. while shifting. <i kinda like it though
Old 06-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

Do they scream ricer at high rpm or is it still like a small v8? I'm highly interested in these and the cheaper the better.
Here is the funny thing inside the car they sound ricey at high RPM full throttle. But I was on my bike had my wife in my Stang had her drop two and hammer it. Out side the car they sound great. It's weird how they sound different inside as compare to outside the car. At full throttle you won't care for the sound from inside the car. At least I don't but I heard a full throttle pull from outside the car and loved the sound. But it is still a personal preference. Good luck on you exhaust search.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust