Long Distance on a Bama 93 Race Tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #1

Region: Indiana
Long Distance on a Bama 93 Race Tune

I installed a Bama 93 race tune and love it! Mileage is amazing as is the performance. My question is this: will this have any negative effects on my engine running at 70 - 80 mph for 4 - 5 hours at a time?
Sl1nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
No, none at all

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #3

Re: Long Distance on a Bama 93 Race Tune

I didn't think so. I'm having it dyno'd next week. I'm really curious to actually see the performance and stats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Yea, you'll be fine. Many on here have been runnin tunes for thousands of miles, I've probably put 22000 on my car with tunes on it, once drove 950 miles at once, each way to and from florida.

Post dyno sheets when done

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #5

Really appreciate your feedback. I'll podt the results after the test. Going to get in a few runs in at the track afterward.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1nk View Post
I installed a Bama 93 race tune and love it! Mileage is amazing as is the performance. My question is this: will this have any negative effects on my engine running at 70 - 80 mph for 4 - 5 hours at a time?

Sl1nk,

Great Question!

Our Bama's are 100% save to run for any period of time. The only reason in SOME cases that we will recommend to drive around on a performance tune, is because the pedal response on the race tune is so touchy(which I personally love!). So the answer is Yes, you can drive around on your race tune for long periods of time!

I am glad to hear that everything is going great with your tune. We appreciate the feedback!

Post up a dyno sheet & some 1/4 mile slips, we would love to see!

Hit me up if you have any questions!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Because of your tune, your car is actually able to make the same power at lower RPM's than stock. So if you drive exactly at the same speed you normally would have before the tune and you will be spinning the the engine at a slightly lower RPM's, as a result you get better mpg's and cause less wear on all the moving parts thus possibly increasing engine life. Unless you are given a bad tune, but that's another topic.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Sl1nk,

Great Question!

Our Bama's are 100% save to run for any period of time. The only reason in SOME cases that we will recommend to drive around on a performance tune, is because the pedal response on the race tune is so touchy(which I personally love!). So the answer is Yes, you can drive around on your race tune for long periods of time!

I am glad to hear that everything is going great with your tune. We appreciate the feedback!

Post up a dyno sheet & some 1/4 mile slips, we would love to see!

Hit me up if you have any questions!

- Dan
Thank for posting this Dan I'm switching back to the 93 race tune ASAP. I notice the throttle response in the performance it just not as nice as the race. I read different postings at all types of sites and some people recommended not running the race for normal driving but with your comment here it totally changes my mind. Woo freaking Hoo time for some fun!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1075
Because of your tune, your car is actually able to make the same power at lower RPM's than stock. So if you drive exactly at the same speed you normally would have before the tune and you will be spinning the the engine at a slightly lower RPM's, as a result you get better mpg's and cause less wear on all the moving parts thus possibly increasing engine life. Unless you are given a bad tune, but that's another topic.
Wtf are you talking about? Unless he put different gears then he won't be "spinning the engine at slightly lower RPM's" just because he has more power.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

most tunes are only modifications to WOT params so normal driving would utilize normal params so you would be just as fine as before the tune
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Wtf are you talking about? Unless he put different gears then he won't be "spinning the engine at slightly lower RPM's" just because he has more power.
Read what I said, I'm not talking about gears, but when you have a performance tune you make more power correct? Speaking from experience, the race tune I'm using increased the power throughout the entire RPM range, so as a result I can short shift a bit and I end up cruising at a slightly lower RPM as a result.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

That assuming that you don't drive around like an a$$hat and race everything you see.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I've been rolling on the 93 Street tune for about a week and a half. I've yet to try the 93 Performance or 93 Race tune.

So far so good. I haven't really got on it too much. I have done a couple of pulls getting on the freeway and man, you can really feel the difference at the top of the gear. It's almost like a sudden boost. I'm really happy with my car right now. This weekend I will come out of hiding and my friends will see what I've been up to.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang