Ya wanna see my first Mod's ??????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Ya wanna see my first Mod's ???????

First thing I did was get rid of the ugly yellow warning lables on my sun visors.

Next was the trunk Cargo Net"

Then the main thing was:

The Boss 302 strut bar.

My next thing when I get some more $$$$ will be a set of axle back mufflers which will be either Magnaflow streets or Ford Racing Touring.

I did get a sun blocker for the windshield and have a mustang car cover and dash rug on it's way.

There is just way to much stuff for these Mustangs.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
First thing I did was get rid of the ugly yellow warning lables on my sun visors.

Next was the trunk Cargo Net"

Then the main thing was:

The Boss 302 strut bar.

My next thing when I get some more $$$$ will be a set of axle back mufflers which will be either Magnaflow streets or Ford Racing Touring.

I did get a sun blocker for the windshield and have a mustang car cover and dash rug on it's way.

There is just way to much stuff for these Mustangs.
The visors look good what did you put over them
13Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I see you've still got your stock dome light bulbs. Might I suggest a set of SMD LED's? They are extremely bright and light up the cab very well. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=370599214803
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I really like the visor!

STB is a must as well

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: Ya wanna see my first Mod's ???????

phooey.....go on ebay....get some red ones
I have green LEDs in mine

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I just bought those lights through my phone using the ME and EBay apps. Took all of about 2 min. Technology is great.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I know. I've become so complacent since the dawn of the smart phone. Lol.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the suggestion. The single LEDs I have aren't bright enough. How white or blue are these anyway?
Old 06-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

you want 9 LED unit bulbs...thats what I put in, if you want white..im sure its pretty bright. I like a little color...cant figure out why...LOL

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

but these have 16...so should be plenty bright

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 06-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Too bright? I don't need to perform surgery in there.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

They are pretty bright but being that our dome lights are so small, more like map lights. They work out just fine. These are white but over a years time I've noticed mine have gotten slightly dimmer almost a very soft white. Still bright but not as intense.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Dash rug? Is it crushed velvet?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The visor label covers were expensive at $29.99 a pair plus $9.95 postage but I hated those stupid warning labels so much I puckered up and got them anyway. I can't believe they made those stupid warning labels so F#$%ng big ,yellow and ugly That I think it is a bargain to pay $40.00 to cover them up. At least now I don't have to look at something that should not have been put on in the first place. All of that information is in the manual.

My visors and roof are really black but I don't know why they show up light Grey in my pictures.
The stickers really blend in and do look great with the black interior.

They came from:
http://www.bobwhitedecals.com/main.html
Old 06-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

To steal something from The Red Hot Chili Peppers, I call that the "Californication" of things. They even put warning labels on the outside of hotels there.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Great ideas! I was planning on doing something about the visors too. I also purchased a car cover as one of the first things. I almost never have my car out of the garage but i travel out of town once a month so i use it. It even stops rain

Alot of people skimp on critical car care and spend thr extra $ on "mods"! Rustproofing is so important, and i got a clear bra on my hood and fenders...its a 3m sticker that protects from stone chips and debris, great investment.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

DDTCM

The dash rug is just a piece of carpet that is cut and bound to fit on top of the dash. It has the cut outs for the top vents etc.

I like it because our Florida sun will bleach out a black dash turning it ugly grey in no time. It also protects the dash from scratches from my dog sticking his paws on the dash to look out the windshield.

I just put some velcro tabs on the bottom of my radar detector and sunglass case and they stick where I put them.

I had one on my Mini and it turned grey from the sun, My dash stayed black like new.

This is my dog "MARIO" and he loves riding in a car. I take him most places and I enjoy having him with me. He has not been in the Mustang yet. I sure hope his travel bed fits as good as it did in the Mini.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #17
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
DDTCM

The dash rug is just a piece of carpet that is cut and bound to fit on top of the dash. It has the cut outs for the top vents etc.

I like it because our Florida sun will bleach out a black dash turning it ugly grey in no time. It also protects the dash from scratches from my dog sticking his paws on the dash to look out the windshield.

I just put some velcro tabs on the bottom of my radar detector and sunglass case and they stick where I put them.

I had one on my Mini and it turned grey from the sun, My dash stayed black like new.

This is my dog "MARIO" and he loves riding in a car. I take him most places and I enjoy having him with me. He has not been in the Mustang yet. I sure hope his travel bed fits as good as it did in the Mini.
Nice, really like the DOG mod!!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:41 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Ahahaha thats a friendly looking dog! My girlfriend and i are considering getting a dog but them scratching up the inside of my new car when we travel out of town is the only thing holding me back! gotta find out about labs and golden retreivers n if they behave in cars, and drive my old car for a while with them to train them.

As for the mini...i love those. I almost bought one i just didnt like the interior. I cant believe the florida sun kills the interior! I had an 86 cougar in 2005 that a family friend gave me, the paint was shot because they parked it in florida sun for 2 years. My car spends all week in garage, i walk to work because i hate to leave it in sun needlessly (15 min walk anyways). My girlfriend had a 97 intrepid and the part of the dash over the passenger airbag had completely warped! And im in canada! Everyone should use a sunshade when parking in sun. I see all these brand new cars at work and i can tell nobody ever uses shades or even waxes their paint.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Stig,
My dog Mario is a great traveling companion. I was still having some problems from my old days in the service and my Doctor suggested getting another dog after my dog of 17 years passed away. I got Mario by accident when my neighbors brought him home and he ran into my house and jumped on my lap and refused to leave me. They had to give him to me. He is now registered as my emotional support animal and I have not had any problems since he moved in with me. He is laying on my feet under my computer desk as I'm typing this.

I bought the 6 year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty when I bought my Mustang so I want to keep it in as good of condition as I can. I put a nice thick towel on the console and his booster seat on the passenger seat and with the carpet dash cover all I have to contend with is "HAIR" At times on a long trip he will go into the rear seat and curl up. At other times he just sleeps in his booster seat

How can I ever leave this guy at home?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22
Thanks for the suggestion. The single LEDs I have aren't bright enough. How white or blue are these anyway?
mine have 8 or 9 lights on it. they are ultra white and super bright
Old 06-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Dash covers are a great thing to have.....keeps the interior cool and the dash protected. I have a green one (custom dyed) in mine...go figure...LOL!
Yes...you dont want interior LEDs too bright....but not to dim either. That was why I chose the 9 unit LEDs for the interior and the plate/trunk lights...

Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I got my cover yesterday and it fits like a glove. It even covers the antenna.

I like to keep it covered inside of my garage if I;m not going to use the car for a while.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Where did you get the cargo net from? How was the installation?
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

American Muscle does not sell them so I had to find one here

2010-2011 Mustang Interior Parts and Accessories

It was a genuine Ford product and it was $42.00

The 2012 Mustang already has a plug covering a spring nut on each side of the trunk, Remove the nut and pull down the cover a little and change the spring nut with the one provided and put the nuts provided in place and hang the net.

It is a 10 minuite installation.

I already used it and although it is not as good as the one's I had on my Mini Cooper it does do what it is supposed to and at 1/3 rd the price of the BMW Mini one.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Awesome, i don't need anything to fancy, just don't like things flying around haha.
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
phooey.....go on ebay....get some red ones
I have green LEDs in mine
No way! I wouldn't of ever guessed.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Those mods are looking great.....keep them going and let's see new mods soon.
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I got my Carpet Dash cover and it fits perfect. I used this item on my Mini JCW and they faded out pretty bad. I had to replace it every two years. It was better then the dash top fading.

It is actually black, I don't know why it shows lighter in the photo.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

what's that center item...sunglass holder?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #30
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thats a bean bag contraption that holds my Garmin GPS. I just have not put my Gps on it yet.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #31
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

add a K&N drop in air filter to my list. It should be here Monday with my Magnaflow axleback streets.

I'm wondering if I should install both at the same time or install the mufflers first and wait a hundred miles or so to put on the K&N air filter.

I don't want to confuse the computer to much all at once.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
You'll be fine. I put on my cai and axle-backs at the same time
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #33
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thanks Cyclon37'

I probably will because they are coming from two different places but should be on the same BROWN truck. Monday is the day!!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #34
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

They came last night and were put on today.My Brother and I installed them and they do look and sound great. It is just the kind of sound I wanted. My Mustang does not sound like a Prius anymore.

They do say Magnaflow on the side as well as the bottom.
It took us two hours at 100 DeGrees to put them on but now that they are installed I'm a happy guy.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Glad you finally got them on ronnie. You get the K&N on?
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang