Is anyone running FORD RACING mufflers ??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Is anyone running FORD RACING mufflers ???

I'm looking for someone that uses the actual "FORD RACING" brand axle back mufflers on their 2011 or 2012 V6 mustang.

I know there are other brands of mufflers but I'm only interested in information from someone actually using the "FORD RACING" brand.

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I'd like to know how they justify that price they have on the axel back.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I've heard that Borla makes them but just brands them for Ford. Anyone able to confirm?

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22
I'd like to know how they justify that price they have on the axel back.
They say "Ford" on them.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: Is anyone running FORD RACING mufflers ???

sorry...I looked them over and my dealer tried to sell me a set...but even with the parts counter to parts counter discount (as I work for another dealer) it was still 180 more than I wanted to pay....My Flow Masterrs will be along shortly...I hope.....sigh

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #6

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
I'm looking for someone that uses the actual "FORD RACING" brand axle back mufflers on their 2011 or 2012 V6 mustang.

I know there are other brands of mufflers but I'm only interested in information from someone actually using the "FORD RACING" brand.

I have the FRPP Sports on my '11 V6 and love them. I've had them since I purchased the car in April 2011. Nice growl that turns to a roar at WOT. No drone. Quiet in the cab at cruising speed. Haven't heard any that I would trade for.
Txdotjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thanks for the info, I'm either going to get them or the Magnaflow streets. I just want my car to sound like a mustang. The stock mufflers are just way to quite. I don't want or need super loud mufflers when just driving down the road. I'm just looking for a nice deeper tone.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Thanks for the info, I'm either going to get them or the Magnaflow streets. I just want my car to sound like a mustang. The stock mufflers are just way to quite. I don't want or need super loud mufflers when just driving down the road. I'm just looking for a nice deeper tone.
Haven't heard any in person, but they have one of the best sounds I've heard online. If I could've gotten them for $200 like I did my Magnaflows, they'd be on my Stang right now

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Haven't heard any in person, but they have one of the best sounds I've heard online. If I could've gotten them for $200 like I did my Magnaflows, they'd be on my Stang right now
Where'd you get the Magnaflows for $200?!

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04

Where'd you get the Magnaflows for $200?!
Believe he got them on ebay
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

probably....plenty of deals on there...

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 06-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Believe he got them on ebay
Yessir! Made my choice easy.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Got them on mine love them. No drone no interior noise.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Fordfan 100,
Do you have the touring?
I am totaly leaning toward these.
Also--Thanks for the information.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Yessir! Made my choice easy.
I'm still amazed on how you got the Magaflows for 200. The cheapest I'm finding is 475ish. Did you buy them from a dealer or private party?

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

I am seeing prices around $588 for NIB, for the Magnaflows. Does THAT seem right? I see some weld in, flowmasters, WO hangers for about $190.00.. Hmmm I don't want to have to get into TIGging those SS exhaust pipes back together....
ohiomgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
got my axle backs for 445 with tax
Old 07-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I decided to go with the Magnaflow streets. I got them for $512.00 shipped. I believe they are going to give me the sound I'm after plus the way the rolled tips are I really like the look. Mister Brown will be bringing them to my house Monday along with my K&N drop in air filter.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

It is coming down to a choice between the Rousch axel backs and the Magnaflow street series... I want only stainless steel exhaust system parts on my 'Stang. Seems like the Rousch setup, is about $100 cheaper.. Hmmmm
Old 07-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomgman
It is coming down to a choice between the Rousch axel backs and the Magnaflow street series... I want only stainless steel exhaust system parts on my 'Stang. Seems like the Rousch setup, is about $100 cheaper.. Hmmmm
2 very different options lol. Really loud vs a tamer setup. Why not magnaflow comps?
Old 07-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
2 very different options lol. Really loud vs a tamer setup. Why not magnaflow comps?
Why not...Magnaflow Comps? Too loud I imagine. I have never heard a pair on a "stang "live."

Magnaflow street comps..are HUGLY louder than the Rousch? Hmmmmmm.

If I had a Dark Green, GT Coupe, I would FOR SURE, want it to sound like Bullet's Mustang.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why not...Magnaflow Comps? Too loud I imagine. I have never heard a pair on a "stang "live."

Magnaflow street comps..are HUGLY louder than the Rousch? Hmmmmmm.

If I had a Dark Green, GT Coupe, I would FOR SURE, want it to sound like Bullet's Mustang.
I've got the competitions and they are loud. The roush from what I hear are really loud as well. So if you want something a bit quieter then go with the streets although I hear those are a bit loud as well. Maybe less drone I'd imagine though?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

iv got the roush they are really loud . to the point when i pass a cop i let off the throttle a good bit
. when i took the mufflers off of my car to put the roush on. i listened to it with out any mufflers . and its just as loud with the roush on. just a better tone. they sound good . i dont think the comp are much louder if any just a diffrent tone. some say the roush will rust though... not so sure that they will. they are made pretty tough. but also anyone who has an exhuast will swear that its the best kind. (nothing wrong with that though lol)
so go with what you want and you will have the best ones too .
Old 07-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I put my Magnaflow streets on yesterday and I'm Reilly happy with them.
They have a nice deep rumble at start up.and Idle.
They are not loud at all
They do not overpower my radio or invade the cockpit space at all even though when accelerating you can hear them if you listen.
Driving down the interstate at 70/80 you can't hear them at all.
My mustang don't sound like a Toyota Prius anymore.
Another plus is that they are probably 1/3rd the weight that the stock mufflers were. The stock mufflers were very,very heavy.
The tips are great with Magnaflow written on each one.
I think I made the correct choice for me. I like them a lot.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Question Re: Is anyone running FORD RACING mufflers ???

Quote:
It is my understanding that the Magnaflow Comps are a "Muffler Delete." Just two pieces of stainless steel pipes that take the place of the mufflers. Is that right? Isn't that/those a bit......loud?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It is my understanding that the Magnaflow Comps are a "Muffler Delete." Just two pieces of stainless steel pipes that take the place of the mufflers. Is that right? Isn't that/those a bit......loud?
Mine aren't. They are the quad tip version so they could be different but I'm not sure? But yes, they are pretty loud. I love em
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I have had Hi-Po autos with "Chambered Pipes" that did not look real different from the outside than std exhaust pipes...except for some "waffling" and lots of little spot welds on the outside. I had a 1969, SS 396/375 Camero with this kind of exhaust. Also some older Corvettes with THAT kind of side pipe. They sounded AWESOME. I considered that the Magnaflow Comps...were perhaps chambered...as these were....

The Comps are just.. straight... pipes no? I am interested in the type with the single exhaust tips. I do not want to have to change my rear valance panel.

The cops around here would welcome me to.. "ticket hell".... if I had anything on that was SUPER pleasing, (LOUD) to my very spoiled, inner child.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I'm pretty sure they are straight pipe.
the Roush axle back is not far from it. the ones I have seem like a big Can with tips on it. (they sound good though)
but for reference take your muffler off and you will hear the loudness for comparison. not the tone though. the tones are verry diffrent with Roush and muffler delete.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered the Magnaflow Streets today. The cops around here would have my car towed over "deleting" my mufflers. The Ricers have the local cops on the lookout for anything "non-Kosher," in a cars exhaust system... I talked to some Mustang owners in the store and then in the parking lot over at Summit Racing yesterday... One (a cop) had the Flowmasters on his 3.7. He gave me a really good demo... I ordered a pair for mine. I don't need any hassles with law enforcement.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

You seem really worried about cops ^ Lol
Old 07-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

ohiomgman,

You will probably like the sound of the Flowmasters better then the super loud straights you now have.

The Flowmasters were even to loud for me. My brothers girlfriend has them on her 50 v8 and they were loud.

I'm happy with my Magnaflows because now my Mustang does not sound like a Toyota Prius and now I have a very nice deep rumble when starting up and idling. It sounds great accelerating and is nice and silent at cruising speeds.

They just cost a lot, (They are all stainless steel though) & they fit so perfect you would think they were on my car from the Mustang Factory.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You seem really worried about cops ^ Lol
Their attention generally costs me a lot of time and money.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
ohiomgman,

You will probably like the sound of the Flowmasters better then the super loud straights you now have.

The Flowmasters were even to loud for me. My brothers girlfriend has them on her 50 v8 and they were loud.

I'm happy with my Magnaflows because now my Mustang does not sound like a Toyota Prius and now I have a very nice deep rumble when starting up and idling. It sounds great accelerating and is nice and silent at cruising speeds.

They just cost a lot, (They are all stainless steel though) & they fit so perfect you would think they were on my car from the Mustang Factory.

I have the factory Ford exhaust on it now. I ordered Magnaflow Streets for it today. I rode in a Mustang with them yesterday and THAT made up my mind for me. I watched your clip over on you tube.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

noise ordinances in many towns these days Cyclone...like here at the beach. Rev once really loud on our blvd while youre here and youll see what I mean...$250 ticket

Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #34
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Magnaflow street are a perfect choice. They really did a great engineering job producing these mufflers for our V6 3.7 Mustangs.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
noise ordinances in many towns these days Cyclone...like here at the beach. Rev once really loud on our blvd while youre here and youll see what I mean...$250 ticket
Yes, I know. Just glad I don't need to worry about that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang