4 hours for decals.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
4 hours for decals..

Holy cow.. i spent literally 4 strait hours trying to get these vinyls on. I've never worked with them before and i'm still not done!!!

Here's what i have so far. Pictures don't do the stripes any justice. They look amazing.
Before:

After:

My new grill and side marker tint will be here next week. And i already have scheduled window tint (20% all around) and diamond gloss from ziebart. Then its those super sexy halo head lights!

Oh here's a better pic of the side rocker
2005 Chevy S-10
2007 Hyundai Tiberon GT
2016 ECOBOOST Stang w/ Performance Pkg
Malonjao is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 4 hours for decals..

Great work! I think the supersnake style stripe looks best. Of all the colours i think red makes any mod pop the most great idea on the halos id consider some too but i have the factory hids so im outta luck (ya cant have everything!). I did 20 percent tint too, its pretty dark i guess the glass already had some form of tint embedded in it from factory. I sorta wish i had 35 percent as backing up at night is pretty blind :p

Whats the deal with your rx8 do u like it? It was on my list to buy instead of the stang, sometimes i think i should have got one as it woulda been used and 15k less, but i didnt like the hassle of those wankel engines. It seems like such a fun car though despite the poor mileage, and fact that the engine needs to fully warm up before moving, and the constant engine failures i hear about (although i think this is ignorance to rotary motors, they need to be warmed up! And revved high!)

Side note...consider getting some painted mirror covers.....this is an insane idea but maybe white? Hahaha

Another thing to consider.....3m clear bra, ive got one on mine...protects from stone chips and debris.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

doing decals yourself is never as much fun as folks think.....Hence why I have a decal guy on retainer fo my customizing and detailing...plus I get a 1 year warranty and stuff rated for 10 years UV. You did a nice job...congratulations!!!
and no...red mirror covers!

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
doing decals yourself is never as much fun as folks think.....Hence why I have a decal guy on retainer fo my customizing and detailing...plus I get a 1 year warranty and stuff rated for 10 years UV. You did a nice job...congratulations!!!
and no...red mirror covers!
i agree im still working on my stripes . got the hood and and front bumper to go.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Great tip on the back glass.. yeah i think i will get that part 35% tint.
White mirrors... wow i never would of even thought about that... hrm. I do like to stick out. But that might just be too much haha, gonna have to side with zoom on this one. And thanks Zoom, glad it looks good.

Post some pics curtin lets see how it looks!

And back to your question stig, the Rx-8 is absolutely fun to drive. And everything about it is just so nice including everything in the interior, apart from the bose speakers. Bose really let me down there. I think what i love most is everyone is afraid to own them so it stays so unique. But.. the wait time for the engine to warm... is a B*@(#. even if it is just 5-8 mins.. man it feels like forever. But the engine is sound. They had a design flaw in the 04 engines but it was fixed along with a free replacement warranty that rocked. Thats how i got my second engine for free. That and the noises the engine would make were so sexy.. every time i would slow down i could hear the rotary engine's thrumhumm similar to a plane when it lands

anyways here's my 8
2005 Chevy S-10
2007 Hyundai Tiberon GT
Old 06-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So i finished the front snake and added the hood accent... I'm not certain though.. is it too much vinyl? Should i stick with just the snake stripe?

2005 Chevy S-10
2007 Hyundai Tiberon GT
Old 06-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

no....leave it as is. you have your own look going on here. NOW...you just need to plasti dip the wheels black..or RED..as they do make it in that color (good luck finding any locally..online mostly), and paint those bakes (sounds like im repeating myself on the last item here doesnt it...LOL!)

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 06-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Leave it! It looks very good. It's different and cool. I agree about the wheels tho!

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Black and red wheels would look sick

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malonjao
So i finished the front snake and added the hood accent... I'm not certain though.. is it too much vinyl? Should i stick with just the snake stripe?

This looks great!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #10

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
That looks very good! I like the hood accent. Havent seen a single mustang here in Oklahoma with those decals! It took my stepdad 45 minutes to apply my clubs windshield decal:/
km189735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I believe it...windshields have that slight curve....if you dont use a crayon or windshield marker to line it up just right prior to install...it will be a big pain in the tush

Old 06-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #12

Zoom, your car is sick man. I love that green!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you KM! I like your ride too...always loved the red interior option. Going to customize it..?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

been in the market for a new Stang since the 2005's first showed up...saw a few at the 40th Mustang show in TN. due to finances and differing opinions at local dealer....took me this long to order one just the way I wanted it

Old 06-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

wrong on the color choice for the wheels!

red and white! bc the tires will be nice and black, so you have all three colors involved on the wheels, and for the car.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

could always have RED brakes, Black Wheels, and White centers....?

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

or RED wheels, white centers and lugs, and red and black for the brakes.....

Old 06-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #16

Zoom- The 2005s & up are my favorite body styles! And yes, definitely planning on customizing! I'm going to get the halo headlights with black backing to make them looked smoked without the effect of the smoked lenses... Then the rims (black with red)! After that I'm trying to decide on the sequential taillights or just regular ones with blacked backing..
Old 06-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Sequential LEDs are the best..(and come blacked out in some applications) ...and show up great no matter what. High visibility is a wonderful thing....

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Yeah...looked at the 05....then passed, then the Cali Special came out...then passed, wanted a Blue with White GT500 when first arrived...dealer wanted to add 12K limited edition fee....told him to stuff that. Looked at the Shleby GTs..but none here had full gauges o was built on Premium GT...passed. Revisited the pony pkj or Cali in Vapor silver in 09.....passed for the 2010.
Then got screwed trying to work a deal on a sunburst gold V6 coupe.....and decided to wait for a distinctive color (Thought after Grabber orange and blue...grabber green was next..) got my wish and the dealership south of me was very accomodating...even with the change up mid order and compensated with some free accessories..LOL
Decisions...decisions....sigh

Old 06-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

have not got.done withcthe front.bumper. at work so couldent.take any good pics lol .
the hood is not centered up as well as i wanted but always run out of time . havent had a day off work in weeks ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120624_170440.png
Views:	137
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	56303

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120624_170411.png
Views:	186
Size:	618.2 KB
ID:	56302
Old 06-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to syas07
It's not that I don't want the decals....it's that I don't have the patience lol =]
syas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #20

Zoom, I don't blame you! I would have a hard time deciding as well! I love tg

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

The sequentials* my bad!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syas07
It's not that I don't want the decals....it's that I don't have the patience lol =]
it takes a lot.of.it
Old 06-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nice car man the stripes look awesome and looks like it really stands out on the road! And nice RX-8 to!
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

I like it! Great job! I'm on the fence about the rim color between white or black. Either way it'll look great!
Uscgfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #24
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Holy cow.. i spent literally 4 strait hours trying to get these vinyls on. I've never worked with them before and i'm still not done!!!

Here's what i have so far. Pictures don't do the stripes any justice. They look amazing.
Before:

After:

My new grill and side marker tint will be here next week. And i already have scheduled window tint (20% all around) and diamond gloss from ziebart. Then its those super sexy halo head lights!

Oh here's a better pic of the side rocker
I love it the white stripe really adds to the car. You should consider a different grille.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

What color is your top?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991 View Post
it takes a lot.of.it
Someone's typing on an android.

Stripes look good. I have no idea what I'm going to slap on my Mustang. I'm wanting something on the hood and a side stripe that rides across the top of the fenders from front to rear, but unless I make my own design the only ones that exist appear to be RTR and Roush. They're not my cup of tea.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin

Someone's typing on an android.

Stripes look good. I have no idea what I'm going to slap on my Mustang. I'm wanting something on the hood and a side stripe that rides across the top of the fenders from front to rear, but unless I make my own design the only ones that exist appear to be RTR and Roush. They're not my cup of tea.
lol my.fingers are too big for this thing !
Old 06-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Curtain...stripes look great!
KM.....yep...since 2005 I couldnt make up my mind....and have loved the bodystyle sincce. Still a big 99-04 fan, but the retro body got me hooked. My 2013 is half retro and half modern...its a good mix, and is way cooler than what I keep seeing in the windshield for the 2015s if you get my drift

Old 06-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Curtain...stripes look great!
KM.....yep...since 2005 I couldnt make up my mind....and have loved the bodystyle sincce. Still a big 99-04 fan, but the retro body got me hooked. My 2013 is half retro and half modern...its a good mix, and is way cooler than what I keep seeing in the windshield for the 2015s if you get my drift
thanks man .
Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I am so unbelievably relieved everyone liked the hood accents. Makes me feel much better. I'm going to have to debate on the wheel colors, i do like the idea on white wheels red calipers. And i do have a new grill on the way, just waiting for shipping... and smoked halo lights are planned for the future. Can't wait for those. Also i have a spice color top 99ford. Otherwise thanks everyone for your opinions!!

Curtin you did a freaking awesome job on those black stripes. Those look super mean.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

GTZZOOM!! i just went through your pictures... love what you've done with your mustang man. Where did you get that carbon fiber tri-bar pony!? that thing is sexy. is that your fender emblem?
2005 Chevy S-10
2007 Hyundai Tiberon GT
Old 06-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I believe it...windshields have that slight curve....if you dont use a crayon or windshield marker to line it up just right prior to install...it will be a big pain in the tush
Windows are the biggest pain. I've spent over 20 dollars in just my front window decal because I screwed it up. The one on there now is even messed up by 5mm to the left :/ bit you can't tell it unless I told you...which I just did.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Windows are the biggest pain. I've spent over 20 dollars in just my front window decal because I screwed it up. The one on there now is even messed up by 5mm to the left :/ bit you can't tell it unless I told you...which I just did.
Op! you're secret is out now white! 5mm off! What an eye sore!! =P
2005 Chevy S-10
2007 Hyundai Tiberon GT
Old 06-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

my window dexal took forever too . i did it two tone. so i had ro use two siff size fonts . and put one over the other. so i had to line it up on the windshield and make the letters symmetrical. took a bit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang