Stock cats with lethal x pipe? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Stock cats with lethal x pipe?

Ones anyone know if the stock cats will fit on the lethal o/r x pipe? If not and I buy the pypes high flows with that pass emissions in Georgia?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP
Ones anyone know if the stock cats will fit on the lethal o/r x pipe? If not and I buy the pypes high flows with that pass emissions in Georgia?
Don't think the stock cats would fit as I believe they're 2.25 and lethal uses 2.5inch pipes. Pypes Hi-flows would be a great choice though. I plan on getting them but I am going to a shop to get a custom setup from manifolds to my axle-backs. You can also get MRT's catted H-pipe. Another option then getting cats welded in. And it'll pass emissions. Legal everywhere with maybe cali as an exception
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Don't think the stock cats would fit as I believe they're 2.25 and lethal uses 2.5inch pipes. Pypes Hi-flows would be a great choice though. I plan on getting them but I am going to a shop to get a custom setup from manifolds to my axle-backs. You can also get MRT's catted H-pipe. Another option then getting cats welded in. And it'll pass emissions. Legal everywhere with maybe cali as an exception
If I get the pypes cats they have to be welded in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, lethal's x-pipe are catless so you'd need a shop to weld the hi-flows in. Which is why you'd be better off going to a shop to get a full custom setup or buy MRT's hi-flow catted H

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Link: http://www.mrt-direct.com/93p100.html

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

It may seem pricey but it's not too bad.. Magnaflows catted is $1000. Lethals is $200 plus $200 for cats plus installation to get cats welded in. Shop with custom setup would be cheapest though.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Yes, lethal's x-pipe are catless so you'd need a shop to weld the hi-flows in. Which is why you'd be better off going to a shop to get a full custom setup or buy MRT's hi-flow catted H

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Link: http://www.mrt-direct.com/93p100.html

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

It may seem pricey but it's not too bad.. Magnaflows catted is $1000. Lethals is $200 plus $200 for cats plus installation to get cats welded in. Shop with custom setup would be cheapest though.
What's the difference in an h and an x pipe?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP

What's the difference in an h and an x pipe?
H=deeper tone and better low-mid range power.
X=Higher pitched tone with better top end.

Even though the difference is minimal, an H with a street tune you'd probably feel a nice difference on low to mid range power which is great for day-day driving. If you're dragging go with an X with a race tune. My opinion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang