Dyno Results - Bama 93P & 93R Tunes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #1

Region: Indiana
Dyno Results - Bama 93P & 93R Tunes

Not sure if this is going to be a duplicate, but here goes:

I've been wondering what the Bama 93 octane tunes have been doing to my engine, so I took it to the dyno this afternoon. The chart is attached.

It's a 2012 3.7 premium coupe, automatic. I installed the Airaid CAI/Bama tunes package from AM. Yes, the CAI is a "curse-out loud-do-it-over-twice-scratch-your head" kinda install! (hints: read but don't follow the directions, lube the collar, put it on the carb first, take apart the hose clamps and reassemble them after you've got it together. Assemble all parts THEN tighten but you'll have to jigger with the air box to get it to sit right). Anyway ...

Bottom line up front ... 264 RWHP on the 93P tune and 267 RWHP on the 93R tune. Warm engine (about 220 degrees).

I know it will cause a debate, but if the drive train is causing 15% loss, I'm putting out 315 HP on the 93R and if the loss is 20%, then I'm putting out 334 HP. If really feels more toward the 334 than the 315.

The most comforting part of the whole experience was knowing the Fuel/air ratio was about 13.2 or so. I'm told that was just about ideal. The guy who did the dyno, Dustin, was great and said he felt the tune and diagnostics he pulled looked really good.

Best $100 I've spent in a long time! (dyno that is, not the CAI/tune package!)

Pedal straight down runs just a tad past redline before it shifts to 2nd on the 93R tune. A bit concerning but I don't do it that often.

I'm off to the track next Wednesday to plunk down my $20 and see what kind of times I'll get.

This is not to be construed as an advertisement for Bama or AM but, hey,if they want to throw free product to me, I'm game!

The tunes are the most fun I've had in a long while and I can't imagine anything being easier. It took 11 minutes to load the first time and about 4 minutes, literally, to change between 93S, 93P or 93R. I can almost do it at a stoplight. Haven't tried it and probably not recommended!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl1nk 2012 V6.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	56790  
Sl1nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Awesome bro! You'll have to give us an update next week after your track time fun.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Dyno Results - Bama 93P & 93R Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1nk View Post
Not sure if this is going to be a duplicate, but here goes:

I've been wondering what the Bama 93 octane tunes have been doing to my engine, so I took it to the dyno this afternoon. The chart is attached.

It's a 2012 3.7 premium coupe, automatic. I installed the Airaid CAI/Bama tunes package from AM. Yes, the CAI is a "curse-out loud-do-it-over-twice-scratch-your head" kinda install! (hints: read but don't follow the directions, lube the collar, put it on the carb first, take apart the hose clamps and reassemble them after you've got it together. Assemble all parts THEN tighten but you'll have to jigger with the air box to get it to sit right). Anyway ...

Bottom line up front ... 264 RWHP on the 93P tune and 267 RWHP on the 93R tune. Warm engine (about 220 degrees).

I know it will cause a debate, but if the drive train is causing 15% loss, I'm putting out 315 HP on the 93R and if the loss is 20%, then I'm putting out 334 HP. If really feels more toward the 334 than the 315.

The most comforting part of the whole experience was knowing the Fuel/air ratio was about 13.2 or so. I'm told that was just about ideal. The guy who did the dyno, Dustin, was great and said he felt the tune and diagnostics he pulled looked really good.

Best $100 I've spent in a long time! (dyno that is, not the CAI/tune package!)

Pedal straight down runs just a tad past redline before it shifts to 2nd on the 93R tune. A bit concerning but I don't do it that often.

I'm off to the track next Wednesday to plunk down my $20 and see what kind of times I'll get.

This is not to be construed as an advertisement for Bama or AM but, hey,if they want to throw free product to me, I'm game!

The tunes are the most fun I've had in a long while and I can't imagine anything being easier. It took 11 minutes to load the first time and about 4 minutes, literally, to change between 93S, 93P or 93R. I can almost do it at a stoplight. Haven't tried it and probably not recommended!

Sl1nk,

Great Write up!

We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your tune & that everything is running smoothly. Your dyno graph looks perfect through out the curve!

Post up some #'s when you get over to the track, We are looking forward to see what she can run!

PS - What's next on your mod list?!?

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang