Lemans stripes on am - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Lemans stripes on am

Was wondering if anyone has expierience with these. R they hard to put on or tough to keep bubbles out? And does it cover evvverything online it says its cut in 3 sections i dont want just the hood roof and trunk i want everything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Lemans stripes on am

i had a terrible time installing my single snake stripe. (pictures in my garage) However the lemans stripes will be alot easier cause the stripes wont be going over the front angled center of the hood. But my kit did come with enough vinyl for everything i wanted. And they do very much look good and the bubbles aren't too much of a problem cause you can always take a pin to them later on and get rid of them. Also the Round pony in the back of the mustang is a huge hassle...
2005 Chevy S-10
2007 Hyundai Tiberon GT
2016 ECOBOOST Stang w/ Performance Pkg
Malonjao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

hmmmmmmm ive been lookin at them just bc of the price difference between them and doing myself vs taking it to a shop and having them paint it. if i brought them the stripe kit u think theyd do it for a decent price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

One guy said his person only charged him $40 bucks... I'd imagine it would be a little bit more... I kinda try to do everything first myself.. which doesn't always workout. If i had to start all over I would probably pay a professional. Or at least get a quote before i tried to do it myself ha. I was just impatient.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

However i took my car to the ford dealership recently and 3 different sales reps commented on the stripes and each one asked if their dealership did them. So it made me feel good that even the ford people thought i did a good job. Cause i think i did a terrible job.
2005 Chevy S-10
2007 Hyundai Tiberon GT
2016 ECOBOOST Stang w/ Performance Pkg
Malonjao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I know what u mean i deffinitly want to do it myself but if i can get it done for 40 bucks im ok with that lol
Old 06-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991

i got the 12 in lamans stripes , the are very hard to put on got all mine on so far except the front bumper. it hard and it takes forever, i got quotes to have them put on and it went from 100--600 bucks. you wont be able to do them in one day. unless you are a pro. iv been doing one pannle a day. lol
but everyone likes em and ask where i got em done.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBad3.7
I know what u mean i deffinitly want to do it myself but if i can get it done for 40 bucks im ok with that lol
I have the two 12" stripes and took em to a shop and it was around $150. They said they even had trouble putting em on and took em like 5 hrs to do. But in the end they looked perfect. I'd just have the shop do if if u don't think u can put em on good
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i want the 10" ones and its not that i dont want to put them on myself, me and my wife have done everything together, im just worried they wont be perfectly straight or wont have the perfect spacing or somthing will happen to mess it up lol andd its 100+ degrees everyday here i know thatll be a factor also i just want them to be perfect
Old 06-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
if you keep them wet you can move them until they look perfect. me and my.wife have done most all to my.car too but that one caused conflict bc its a pain in the ....
my bro inlaw had his done by the pros and the said it was really hard bc of the shape of the car.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malonjao
i had a terrible time installing my single snake stripe. (pictures in my garage) However the lemans stripes will be alot easier cause the stripes wont be going over the front angled center of the hood. But my kit did come with enough vinyl for everything i wanted. And they do very much look good and the bubbles aren't too much of a problem cause you can always take a pin to them later on and get rid of them. Also the Round pony in the back of the mustang is a huge hassle...
i ended up takeing my emblem off to do mine on the back made it much easier. looked alot better to bc i could not cut it perfectly in a circle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang