help finding a part.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
help finding a part....

So I changed out the grille with the blacked out billet grille and am getting ready to order the lower grille to change out too but i have noticed that on either side of the lower grille the plactic pieces are grey and im wondering if these are parts i can order to change them to black? what are these called i searched AM and cant find them anywhere. help?
ashpow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Re: help finding a part....

I might be mistaken, but I think you are talking about the V6 fog light wells. The fog lights cam standard with my MCA edition, but they have grey plastic caps on them for most V6's. That's my guess. I don't believe there are blackout options for the fog light wells, but I love the fog lights themselves. You can pick them up at AM:

OEM Style V6 Mustang Fog Light kit (10-12 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Boss Tower Strut Brace
Airaid CAI
Bama 87 Performance Tune
Quikstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Sounds like you are talking about the chin spoiler, splitter, whatever you wanna call it. Its charcoal and close to black. Its the same color as the rest of the ground effects. Unless you have a 2013. If you insist on flat black you will need to remove it and paint it. No big deal, just prime it first and any black paint will do.

I actually been thinking about painting all of the ground effects to match my car, to look more like a 2013 Mustang.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikstang View Post
I might be mistaken, but I think you are talking about the V6 fog light wells. The fog lights cam standard with my MCA edition, but they have grey plastic caps on them for most V6's. That's my guess. I don't believe there are blackout options for the fog light wells, but I love the fog lights themselves. You can pick them up at AM:

OEM Style V6 Mustang Fog Light kit (10-12 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
this is what i was looking at! how simple is the install on the for lights? i just bought a new chin spolier and lower grille, maybe do them all at the same time. thanks for the help guys!!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

Well, AM claims it's "Easy" But when electronics are involved, it might be safer for you to have a pro do it. Did you get the Stillen chin spoiler? I was looking for chin spoiler options, and the Stillen is the only one I can find...
Boss Tower Strut Brace
Airaid CAI
Bama 87 Performance Tune
Quikstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

yeah your right, one wrong move with electronics and it could be a painful jouney back. and yes i did, and i know i was looking for a different kind but it was the only one i could find too with out changing out my bumper. an unfortunate side effect of having a sixxer, less mod options. but i should be getting in next week ill post up picks after i install it!! looks mean which is what i wanted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang