Suspension Questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Suspension Questions

Ok, I have a couple of suspension questions and I need some honest, intelligent help.

First, I know that the 8.8" axles on the '10 and up GTs are a direct bolt in on our V6s, but will the 8.8" axles from the '05-'09 GTs bolt in as well? I'm looking to basically teach myself to build/rebuild an axle, but I'm not willing to lose my daily driver to do learn that. Also, I would like to save as much money on this and even spread out the cost of the axle replacement, so I'm considering a junkyard axle to play with.

Second, I know that most of the suspension parts are identical between the '11 and up V6s and the '11 and up GTs, but are the K-members different? Even if they are different, would it be difficult to modify an aftermarket GT K-member to fit/hold a V6?
fadedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Suspension Questions

The 8.8 rear end is the same basically. The only difference between the '05-'10 GT rear end and the '11-'13 is that the vent is relocated from the passenger side to the driver side.

The vent relocation may be true for the '10 as well, but the V6 in 2010 still had the 7.5" rear end.

Both will be 3 link systems, and the same mounting points.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Suspension Questions

@JimC - Thank you. That was about the same as what I was thinking. I figure that I can start with an axle from the junkyard and with some sweat equity and patience I can end up with some new knowledge and an axle set up exactly how I want it.
fadedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang