Magnaflow axle backs on their way to me - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Magnaflow axle backs on their way to me

I was at Summit Racing yesterday and several Mustang owners were in the parking lot with their cars. One has a 3.7 V6, with Magnaflow streets on it. He took me for a ride on the interstate (very nearby) and around the parking lot (big.) So...I got to hear the system from the inside and in person and as it drove by as I was standing there. I also talked to a couple guys with 'Stangs, in person, who have them. I decided today to go with the Flowmaster Streets and ordered them today. Those DO sound pretty good . $509.15 delivered. The price went up $20.00 while I was picking my nose....

The cops around here just love to diddle you with tickets for "altered exhaust/public nusiance." Even though I am an old fart.... One of the guys in the parking lot is a local cop and told me that the "Boys" thought his 'Stang was quite enough so as not to need ticketing and towing. But...stay away from the Comps...because those were going to draw attention...the kind... that cost $$$.

Cops everywhere seem to be ordered to ticket as many folks as possible to keep the $$$ flowing into the tax and spend idiots hands.
ohiomgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

once my warranty is gone...the magnaflows DO sound beefier than my flows...ill have to get the competition cat backs with no mufflers.......heard one yesterday on a 2011......made me want to hide my head...sounded so much better than mine

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I heard a 2012 3.7 with headers and dual exhausts with a crossover pipe and Comps yesterday. He is going to get towed. It did sound REALLY good though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #39

Region: California

Thinking about getting this http://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-...ck-2011v6.html lol I don't know though
Saigon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
I would like to remove that ugly round chrome thing but I'm afraid it would leave a hole or Something terrible looking under it. I think the back would look great with a nice smooth look.
It does, 3 holes if I remember right? I like it removed but I am kinda missing that big emblem now lol. Either that or need a smoother flat decklid instead of the CDC.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

get good talkback from the flows at 50mph...and with rear seat deleted..can really hear thru the floor.....but after hearing this guys full magnaflow comp cat back...I was impressed. They even make a cat back for my Corolla...surprised. Might be a magnaflow convert here...sigh

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 07-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
get good talkback from the flows at 50mph...and with rear seat deleted..can really hear thru the floor.....but after hearing this guys full magnaflow comp cat back...I was impressed. They even make a cat back for my Corolla...surprised. Might be a magnaflow convert here...sigh
Magna flow ftw!!
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

some much for being a big Flowmaster fan...
i'll still offer for the customers, but will change over to magna personally

Old 07-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary

Magna flow ftw!!
+1
Old 07-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #45
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

Flowmasters are probably fine if you want loud exhaust. They are less expensive then Magnaflows. and I believe you have to cut your stock pipe to use them.

Magnaflows are completely stainless steel, Fit perfect without cutting the stock pipe. The "Streets" are a whole lot quieter. And the tips look a whole lot nicer. BUT, They do cost more.
_________________________________________________________-
Most people get what they like and I'm happy for whatever they choose.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
All this talk about Magnaflow and Flowmaster...both are decent products but I'm a HUGE fan of the SLP Loud Mouth exhaust I got from AM and mine is straight piped from the cats back. I had added an x-pipe and had to run the exhaust out the driver's side since my year was single exhaust. I've got pics of the work as it progressed but need to video the sound still...I've been slacking on that over a year now :/. But let me tell you, my little V6 attracts just as much attention as the GT's and almost every person who hears my car asks me if I'm sure my car is a V6. Don't get me wrong, I had a set of Super 40 series Flowmaster's and they were good, but not comparable to the setup I have now. It's got just enough rumble to be noticed without any gas, but once you hit that pedal it's pretty throaty, and I've not gotten tired of it even once since I did the mod
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I've always loved SLP's. Mostly on the V8. But they sound pretty mean on the 4.0. But not sure how'd they be on the 3.7. They would probably compare to Roush as the Roush and SLP sound similar on the V8. I thought about getting some loudmouth mufflers and replacing my Magnaflow with them but don't have the bollocks right now. And the Magnaflow sound great. Maybe in the future
Old 07-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I haven't run into anyone with SLP on their 3.7 yet. One of my best friends has my same setup on his 2006 GT and in conjunction with all the other mods he did...his car sounded like a race car lol. The only other person I've seen with our same SLP was a 2002 GT and I hate to say it, but my V6 sounded better. I'm not knocking Magnaflow or anything, I just prefer SLP. One of these days I'll get around to getting a video of my exhaust lol I've got one vid of stock, and a vid with one SLP tip on, but no vid of the x-pipe and both tips on.
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #49

Your talking about these right? I have a 2011 v6 but on the site it says only GT...I want a loud one lol
Old 07-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #50
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I love the sound of a nice loud exhaust but not on my car.

When I hear the sound of a set of Flowmasters on a V8 Mustang I smile. Just as long as I don't have to listen to them all of the time.

Give me the nice deep start up rumble and the just plain excellent Mustang sound my Magnaflow streets give me at the lower RPM's and the nice no sound in the cockpit as I cruise at 70/80 MPH down the interstate.

There are so many different Mufflers for our Mustangs I would bet that there is something for everybody's taste.

Anything is better then the Prius non-sounding stock mufflers that came on the 3.7 V6.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

LOL Ronnie....exactly why I switched to the flows

Old 07-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I love the sound of a nice loud exhaust also! But on my car

Btw, this is post #1000 My life is now complete and I no longer need to post on these forums. Good day everyone!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon916
Your talking about these right? I have a 2011 v6 but on the site it says only GT...I want a loud one lol
If you're looking on AM.com and you look at the SLP's, the set for the GT also works for the V6 if you're getting axle back and have dual exhaust. The 2011 has dual exhaust, so you're set.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

uh huh...you'll be back
;P

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

hey Cyclone...you still coming to town for Mustang Week...?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love the sound of a nice loud exhaust but not on my car.

When I hear the sound of a set of Flowmasters on a V8 Mustang I smile. Just as long as I don't have to listen to them all of the time.

Give me the nice deep start up rumble and the just plain excellent Mustang sound my Magnaflow streets give me at the lower RPM's and the nice no sound in the cockpit as I cruise at 70/80 MPH down the interstate.

There are so many different Mufflers for our Mustangs I would bet that there is something for everybody's taste.

Anything is better then the Prius non-sounding stock mufflers that came on the 3.7 V6.
I agree that listening to a lot of exhaust noise in the cabin for a long time can be annoying, but it's really not all that bad from the SLP kit.

Start up gives off a very throaty rumble. Acceleration gives off as much noise as your foot hits the gas, which goes for low speed or top...and if you're in lower gear at higher speed you're of course going to get more cabin noise.

This kit with a V6 isn't bad at all, even with the mods I've done thus far. Right now my 3.73 gears make a more annoying noise since they whine a little lol

Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010 View Post
If you're looking on AM.com and you look at the SLP's, the set for the GT also works for the V6 if you're getting axle back and have dual exhaust. The 2011 has dual exhaust, so you're set.
SLP Loudmouth Axle-Back Exhaust (2011-2013 Mustang GT, 2011-2012 GT500) M31023 - Free Shipping!
I thought I posted the link in my previous post but for example all I need is this right?

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Hey NoisyPony2010 I just got my 2011 V6 last month so Im looking and learning what i can do but what does a X-pipe do? I see you had your done.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Yup! That's all you need right there. Since the 2011 is already dual exhaust all you need to do is release the clamps on the stock exhaust and put those on. If you're unsure and want to double-check before you purchase those, call AM support and ask. But for mine, the set I have is for a 2010 GT and I had to modify everything from the cats back to accommodate the SLP's going on. One pipe fit on the stock setup perfectly and for a while I drove around with just that one on until I could get it on a lift to change the whole thing.

Well, the x-pipe is my preference because of the improvement with airflow. You can get either an x-pipe or h-pipe for dual exhaust systems. An h-pipe doesn't have the awesome sound an x-pipe does, plus the heat isn't as evenly distributed while coming from the engine and back out of the exhaust.

As you're modifying, the main two keys to remember are that you work from the rear up to the front as you get into bigger projects. I did my exhaust first, then the intake- but the other way around wouldn't have hurt anything. It's when you get into modifying things like the cams, heads, or engine that you want to swap the rear axle and pinion flange for something bigger to handle the pull.

The other key ingredient to a successfully modded muscle car is air flow. The better airflow you have, the more power you can pull and the better your motor will run overall. Getting a cold air intake and exhaust ensure that cold air is getting into the engine, and heat is being pulled out and it's not slowing down to get out or getting backed up. This is why I like the x-pipe versus h-pipe...you get optimum airflow plus quality sound.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
hey Cyclone...you still coming to town for Mustang Week...?
Unfortunately not.. Away doing training which is turning out to be pointless too.. Really pissed as I wanted to go.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote:

SLP Loudmouth Axle-Back Exhaust (2011-2013 Mustang GT, 2011-2012 GT500) M31023 - Free Shipping!
I thought I posted the link in my previous post but for example all I need is this right?

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Hey NoisyPony2010 I just got my 2011 V6 last month so Im looking and learning what i can do but what does a X-pipe do? I see you had your done.
The pipe diameter on those is 3", our V6's is 2.25". You can make them work but it'd probably take some welding.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

sorry to hear that Bro...

Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I learned that you have to get what you like. I listened to what felt like 100's of sound clips, and decided on Magnaflows over the Borlas, as for $200 more i didn't feel it was worth it.

To each their own. No reason to hate on someone elses set up, especially on exhaust notes, as it is a personal preference on sound.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #61
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I don't think anyone is hating any body's choice of mufflers.
Like I said :
Quote:

We all like to discuss our preferences on any of the Mod's we do to our Mustangs. It is the absolute best way to learn if we want to do similar or go a different route or product.

The Forum here is one of the fun parts of owning a Mustang.

Of course I did hate the silance of my stock mufflers making my Mustang sound like a Toyota Prius electric car.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Like I said :

We all like to discuss our preferences on any of the Mod's we do to our Mustangs. It is the absolute best way to learn if we want to do similar or go a different route or product.

Of course I did hate the silance of my stock mufflers making my Mustang sound like a Toyota Prius electric car.
Haha so true I love this forum!! Learned a bunch of stuff already. Idk if their are other forums like this for other cars but having a Mustang is so much more than just owning any other car!
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

have to agree with that...so many of us here that have tried it and can tell others how, many of have bought things that didnt work and can share the knowledge....
its just awesome here!

Old 07-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Just finished the Magnaflow Street's install on my 3.7. Not bad. One 13mm socket and a 3" extension and a small hammer to tap the old mufflers loose...plus a floor jack and about an hour and a half...hey...it's hot today...

Now for a shower and the test drive...

Test drive completed. Customer satisfaction is plentiful.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Like I said :

Nope, no hating on anyone or what they have in here! Just like to bounce around ideas with everyone and throw out some alternate information myself. There's so much out there that often times if you don't talk about it with people, you'll never know it even exists.

Mustangs are customizable in SO many ways, and it's endless what we can do with our pony's. This is what I argue against those who say to me "why did you get a Mustang instead of a Camaro or Challenger/Charger?"

Ok, prime example- a friend of mine put an exhaust in his brand new Camaro and some of it he kind of made himself. His Camaro is a V8. He spent twice as much as I did on my setup. Put his car and mine side by side, and can you guess who's still sounded better? Yup...he envied me Nothing beats the options and possibilities you have at the lower cost like we get to have.

Alright, I'm ranting now, but I'll stop. My point is, you won't get "hated" on for anything in here unless you're bragging about a Dodge or a Chevy lol

Old 07-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #66

I wanna thank everybodu for there input.I just got my 2011 mustang and I'm learning everyday of things I can do and stuff so its exciting to look forward the future of the things I wanna do lol but step 2 today is tinting my windows
Old 07-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wanna thank everybodu for there input.I just got my 2011 mustang and I'm learning everyday of things I can do and stuff so its exciting to look forward the future of the things I wanna do lol but step 2 today is tinting my windows
Get Suntek or Suntek Carbon tint. It's guaranteed not to fade or bubble up and it's top quality. I didn't know about this brand and went to TNT Tinting here and mine has already faded.

Got a form from the DMV and went to my eye doc to fill it out for a tint waiver but haven't gotten anything from DMV since I submit it, but my plan is to re-tint darker with Suntek.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #68

Yeah just got it done tinted and its a Suntek
Old 07-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Yes, Those are the one's I have. If you get them from AM don't forget to get the discount code from them. You have to contact AM personally to get your discount code. 6 Percent is not to bad to save.

My car had this deck lid when I bought it. It is just flat black painted but it sure looks great to me.

I would like to remove that ugly round chrome thing but I'm afraid it would leave a hole or Something terrible looking under it. I think the back would look great with a nice smooth look.
this is what it lookd like when i took mine off to do the stripes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120719_221821.png
Views:	83
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	59868

Name:   ForumRunner_20120719_221837.png
Views: 78
Size:  488.1 KB
Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #70

Here are some pic and my lens broke so you might see a black dot shadow on the pic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang