Magnaflow axle backs on their way to me - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon916
Here are some pic and my lens broke so you might see a black dot shadow on the pic.
Looks awesome man! Glad you did get Suntek and not a screwy brand like I did. Sad thing is I paid the same for the crappy stuff, so at least you didn't get tricked like that. Very nice
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Looks good man. Ive had suntek carbon on mine for a year now and no problems so far. I really like that ingot silver on your car too. I like black on mine but its a pain to keep clean. That silver looks really good
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Magnaflow axle backs on their way to me

What percent tint is that?

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #74
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

Very nice,
The big problem around here is if a Police officer does think it is to dark to comply with the Florida law they will give you a chance to scrape it off on the spot or they will tow your car away to impound as an unsafe vehicle.
It don't happen often but it does happen.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #75

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
What percent tint is that?
3% in the back and back small windows and I forgot but i think i had the front 2 windows 30 or 35 % and a 5% tint strip on the front. I'll post some more pics so now I just gotta determine what exhaust to get lol because the current Magna that a local shop provided and did for me isn't loud enough for me but a lot stronger and sounds better then the stock I had.
Saigon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

3% in the back and back small windows and I forgot but i think i had the front 2 windows 30 or 35 % and a 5% tint strip on the front. I'll post some more pics so now I just gotta determine what exhaust to get lol because the current Magna that a local shop provided and did for me isn't loud enough for me but a lot stronger and sounds better then the stock I had.
3%?! Holy crap what state do you live where that's legal?? I need to move there! Lol
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

Old 07-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #77

I live in Sacramento Ca lol and I was wrong I got 5 % for the back windows
Old 07-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Ohhh that explains it. Yeah, I live in VA where the darkest you can legally go on the 3 back windows is 35%. The side windows you can't go darker than 55%. With a waiver we can go 35% all around and do 70% on the windshield.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #79

Dang that sucks lol
Old 07-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Thinking about getting this http://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-...ck-2011v6.html lol I don't know though
I have these! sound amazing!!
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #81
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

what really surprises me is how many different aftermarket as well as genuine Ford Racing parts you can get for a late model Mustang. It's just amazing.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
what really surprises me is how many different aftermarket as well as genuine Ford Racing parts you can get for a late model Mustang. It's just amazing.

Wish there were as many for the v6 as there were the v8's
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #83
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

As they sell more & more V-6's the aftermarket will probably start making more stuff.

You can get quite a lot of things now for your V-6 such as Mufflers and headers as well as X-Pipes. Cold Air intakes, Super charger or Turbo charger (Take your choice) Plus you can use a lot of the GT stuff such as Brake packages, Suspension parts, etc.

Like I said'--
Quote:
American Muscle, Ford Racing, Brothers performance, Emmitt Head performance, NOS performance, are just a very few of the Mustang parts people that carry Mustang stuff.

You also have a lot of different manufactures to choose from.

What could be better the owning a MUSTANG ?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Since we are talking exhaust, will a 2011 GT exhaust or the BOSS quad pipe fit the 11-12v6? Just curious
Old 07-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #85
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

As far as Magnaflow Streets axle backs goes:

part # 15595 is for the V6

part # 15593 is for the GT & GT500

That don't mean they wont fit but it does mean they are made different.My guess is that the GT mufflers may be a little larger then the V6 mufflers

Or maybe the inner baffles are not the same.

I have the #15595 V6 streets on my V6 and they are great. My neighbor (Who is a car guy himself) loves when I start up my Mustang and go down the road. He said it sounds perfect to him.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

I wish I could get the quad exhaust for my v6. But I've noticed that the AM site has a few brands for GT and up and was just wondering. Not like I'm going to ruin the car that way. Common sense lol magnaflows comps it Is
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #87
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I think you will love the Magnaflow comps. I know I really like the quality and fitment of my Streets.

I really don't like the look of the quads because they just don't look right on a nice American Mustang. A Mustang needs two nice large pipes sticking out the back. It's the American way.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I believe he's talking about the boss quad exhaust which has two pipes out the back and two out the side. Right? Mid-pipe has a larger diameter piping then us though. If you really want to do that, I'd just go to an exhaust shop and have them fab the two side pipes. Would be cheap. Also quad tips looks best imo. But I'm not old school either
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1580712141.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	765.5 KB
ID:	60601  
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #89
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Oh! I thought it was two pipes on each side out the back like some of the older jap cars and Oldsmobiles had.

The pipes you are talking about I really like. Not for me personaly but for the truly hi-performance guys that like to really sound off.

I just don't wanna see four exhaust pipes sticking out the back on a Mustang.

I just like the nice fat duals on the back of A Mustang.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

THAT is what my Mag-streets, look like. I like them just fine. They make plenty of smooth DOHC musik. If I had wanted a Cobra...I would have purchased one. I like what I have just fine as it is my daily driver.

I have other BIG and small block multi-carbed older classic/ toys to make LOTS of noise with and to burn rubber with. I am an old fart and in 1967, before I left for SE Asia... purchased a NEW, bright red Mustang 2+2 fastback, with a hi-po 289 and a four speed. Wish I still had it. I gave it to my sister. She drove it out to Kali and traded it in on a Porche 911.

The other, older toys, come out for shows and to cruise now and then. THIS Mustang is my everyday cruisemobile. I can get my rubber burning fix elsewhere. I do enjoy that DOHC V6 power, musak and gas milage....
ohiomgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think you will love the Magnaflow comps. I know I really like the quality and fitment of my Streets.

I really don't like the look of the quads because they just don't look right on a nice American Mustang. A Mustang needs two nice large pipes sticking out the back. It's the American way.

You know I'm referring to the boss setup with the pipes under the side skirt and out the back. Quad pipes out back is ok on some stangs. Not mine
Old 07-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #92
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Those are pretty nice. Can you shut off the sides and open them when you want to like the old cut-outs we used to have in the very old days?

I had a 58 Ford with a Thunderbird V8 with the cut-outs. I pulled a handle under the dash to open them up.

I always thought that was the fastest car in the world because of those side dump outs. It probably did a quarter in about 20 seconds or worse.

Those were the car days and they were just plain fun. Gas was very cheap and not many police officers around to worry about loud exhaust, speeding or drag racing on the street.

Things sure are different now. The cars are way faster, way safer and gas cost a small fortune.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

The police speed radar was invented only a few days after the first boss hit the road after all. I wish I could wire a toggle to do so but if so it'll probably be like the boss. Just a pipe with a narrow wide pipe just for the extra flow. But I hope it doesn't mess up the compression ratio. Too much air out can be bad.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #94
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The more air you can get into the engine (lets say supercharger) plus the faster you can get the exhaust out (Long Tube Headers and X-pipe plus something like Magnaflow Comps) the More power you can produce.

The problem is on our newer computer controlled engines you need to have a tuner to tell the computer what you did and re-adjust the computer settings to get everything working properly.

That is why you need a Bama or other tuning system if you are going to do a lot of extreme changes to your engine. It has to be told exactly what you did so the computer can add all of that horsepower for you.

A lot of things you look at in the catalogs will tell you if a tuner is required. But remember if you do a lot of single steps buying things that do not require tuning by themselves and you add them all to your car you still probably need to get a tuner.

Ronnie
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

I've always heard from car people alike that too much is bad. Say a 4 inch pipe on a certain size messes up back pressure. Even the transmission is controlled by a fuse in the fuse box.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning
I've always heard from car people alike that too much is bad. Say a 4 inch pipe on a certain size messes up back pressure. Even the transmission is controlled by a fuse in the fuse box.
So you're saying if I get the 2.5 magnaflow catback with stock 2.25 mid pipe will mess it up?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #97
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Of course you do not go overboard on anything. The Exhaust manufacturers usually know the size and shape of the headers for every car they deal with be it Borla, Magnaflow, Ford Racing, etc. They do a whole lot of testing.

It is the same with Airaid, K&N and others that make Cold Air Intakes.

You can put on a set of axlebacks and a CAI without having to tune the computer.
************************BUT************************
If you put on a CAI, MAF, Headers, X-pipe, and a nice set of comps or Borla stingers you will probably have to do a custom tune to sync it all so the computer will run your upgrades properly. If you don't you will have all sorts of codes from the sensors. Plus the car will run like crap.

The automatic transmissions in these new cars are connected to the computer and can be programmed for better performance using the same Tuner you use for the engine.

If you are just drag racing you can get away with a four inch pipe but you will have to keep the RPM's very very high and pop the clutch to get the car moving off the line. A large pipe like that will cost you a lot of low end torque. Just look at a "NASCAR pipe " Top end great, Low end bad.

Everything was simpler in the good old days but the stock cars they are selling now are much faster, handle better and are a whole lot safer then the old muscle cars ever were.

Go to American Muscle and check out their project car.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Of course you do not go overboard on anything. The Exhaust manufacturers usually know the size and shape of the headers for every car they deal with be it Borla, Magnaflow, Ford Racing, etc. They do a whole lot of testing.

It is the same with Airaid, K&N and others that make Cold Air Intakes.

You can put on a set of axlebacks and a CAI without having to tune the computer.
************************BUT************************
If you put on a CAI, MAF, Headers, X-pipe, and a nice set of comps or Borla stingers you will probably have to do a custom tune to sync it all so the computer will run your upgrades properly. If you don't you will have all sorts of codes from the sensors. Plus the car will run like crap.

The automatic transmissions in these new cars are connected to the computer and can be programmed for better performance using the same Tuner you use for the engine.

If you are just drag racing you can get away with a four inch pipe but you will have to keep the RPM's very very high and pop the clutch to get the car moving off the line. A large pipe like that will cost you a lot of low end torque. Just look at a "NASCAR pipe " Top end great, Low end bad.

Everything was simpler in the good old days but the stock cars they are selling now are much faster, handle better and are a whole lot safer then the old muscle cars ever were.

Go to American Muscle and check out their project car.

But there is always an idiot that orders something overboard not knowing. That's why I like AM, that use categories. And so your saying if I go with comps and maybe later the side pipes I'll need a tuner? Because it won't have a muffler just the stock x pipe and cats. Also stating the auto tranny, fuse 47 is pretty cool. It erases the adaptive shifting if your car is shifting sluggish or is lagging too bad. I plan on doing all the performance AM did to their car. Just need the money first
Old 07-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #99
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi White,
All it takes is a ton of $$$$.
If I was going to do a lot to my car performance wise I would get the Bama Tuner first thing. You can get good performance just using their 87 or 93 octane tune.

Of course the CAI and complete exhaust would be next. Most company's offer a CAI with a MAF.

The performance drive shaft is a gotta do. (YES it has to be changed)

Then I would go to the drag strip and see what my Mustang would turn.

A set of traction control braces is probably a good idea.

I would find I probably needed drag tires due to wheel spin.

To tell the truth I would have started out with a GT and not a V6 in the first place. The V6 is really good and it is a great engine but for drag racing there is nothing like a V8 to start with. Especially if you are on a tight budget.

$$$= speed-------$$$$$$=more speed-----$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$=most speed

Always remember this, If you are using your Mustang every day and you do to many mods to get it really fast you will lose a lot of everyday drivability. It is nice to personalize your car but """DON"T GO OVERBOARD"" if it is your main and only car.

You sure are right about this Forum, It is a great place to ask and answer questions.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Hi White;

Check out this video:

Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (11-13 V6) 3015||38018 - Free Shipping!

18 HP plus 22 Ft Lbs torque and firms up your automatic transmission and changes the shift points.

I really don't think that messing with the #47 fuse is a very good idea.

You can ask other forum members if they use the Bama tuner and find out what you need to know.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't want a drag car actually. Just a fast street machine. But suspension is next on my list after the tuner and exhaust. The driveshaft I want to do somewhere between because I don't want the failure like some say will happen at those speeds(highway). I wanted a GT but from what I got for my old mustang and the money I saved up I went with the 6. Plus the mpg saved money for tuition.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Hi White,
All it takes is a ton of $$$$.
If I was going to do a lot to my car performance wise I would get the Bama Tuner first thing. You can get good performance just using their 87 or 93 octane tune.

Of course the CAI and complete exhaust would be next. Most company's offer a CAI with a MAF.

The performance drive shaft is a gotta do. (YES it has to be changed)

Then I would go to the drag strip and see what my Mustang would turn.

A set of traction control braces is probably a good idea.

I would find I probably needed drag tires due to wheel spin.

To tell the truth I would have started out with a GT and not a V6 in the first place. The V6 is really good and it is a great engine but for drag racing there is nothing like a V8 to start with. Especially if you are on a tight budget.

$$$= speed-------$$$$$$=more speed-----$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$=most speed

Always remember this, If you are using your Mustang every day and you do to many mods to get it really fast you will lose a lot of everyday drivability. It is nice to personalize your car but """DON"T GO OVERBOARD"" if it is your main and only car.

You sure are right about this Forum, It is a great place to ask and answer questions.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Hi White;

Check out this video:

Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (11-13 V6) 3015||38018 - Free Shipping!

18 HP plus 22 Ft Lbs torque and firms up your automatic transmission and changes the shift points.

I really don't think that messing with the #47 fuse is a very good idea.

You can ask other forum members if they use the Bama tuner and find out what you need to know.
I bought my car used. It was in a retal fleet. The 12 I test drove with 0 miles was woah. Sick nasty lol but on the drive home from my dealer 2 hours away it just didn't seem quite right. I'm not talking about pulling the fuse every day or even every year for that matter but it reset what some idiot did. I know not to pull fuses left and right or don't bother if you don't know what you are doing. I must admit your a smart man and I've learned a lot of things I thought I knew except more refined and in detail. For that I thank you. I'm a typical 19 year old except my head is mostly screwed on correctly when it comes to mechanics and cars. My mustang is my DD. so not too much modding. Just the simple stuff and maybe gears but nothing unGodly like 4.10. Maybe a nice 3.31 or in extreme a 3.73.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #101
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi White,
Yep, I was once 16 and remember well my first car, (47 Dodge my dad gave me) Traded it in on a 59 Fiat 500 (DUH !) Brand new. It did not stay with me a full year. A 2 cylinder slug.
Next was a 1960 English Ford Angelia I was friends with Jorge DiPiro a Race tech from Brazil and got into my first racing at Langhorn Speedway in New Jersey. Jorge reworked that car to be a super fast super stable race car and still be Fairly OK on the street. I won my first Trophy with that car. I was offered almost three time the money I had in that car so I sold it. Then joined the US Army.I got out in 66 and many cars ever since.

I got a million stories but can't tell them all on the Forum.

What I'm trying to say is you are a lot like me at your age. Loving cars and not afraid to try different modifications. I'm 69 now and still love all cars. I still love Modified engines and still have that sixteen year old brain in my head.

I bought this 2012 Mustang and swore I would not touch it. No Mod's ,Nothing, As you can see I could not help myself. (Magnaflows, K&N, Boss strut brace,) & soon to be a Bama tuner to stiffin up the transmission shift points and add a little more torque.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang