Magnaflow axle backs on their way to me - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Magnaflow axle backs on their way to me

I just ordered my Magnaflow streets for my 2012 V-6 Mustang.

I'm hoping it won't be loud but a nice deep sound that will make my super silent car actually sound like a mustang. Right now it has no sound at all. It sounds like a UGH!!! Prius

I will probably get them in a week or so. I'll post when I get them.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Cant go wrong with Magnaflow. They sound great on a Gts hopefully it does the same for your sixxer.
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Great choice! Love my magnaflow but mine are the comps. Streets should sound great!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Great choice! Love my magnaflow but mine are the comps. Streets should sound great!
Same. Comps sound mean, and the Streets should sound similar but more refined.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Magnaflow axle backs on their way to me

I hear you lose the popcorning on the magnas.....from the videos Ive seen it seems like it....Im a nerd and actually like that sound LOL....magnas sounds amazing though Id like to hear them in person. They make it sound like a true muscle car...enjoy ronnie!
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Nice. Those have the best ratings
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have the streets on mine.. you're gonna fall in love with them as soon as you turn the key for the first time. Lol
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thanks for that great information Davidn7488.

I'll be on pins and needles untill I get them.

Ronnie
Old 07-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I just recieved an E-Mail with the tracking number and Mister Brown will have them at my house on Monday July 9th.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Ugh, I hate waiting the wknd knowing that my stuff is so close but you have to wait for ups to deliver anyways.

Great buy though, are those also quad tips like cyclones?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Naw you can only get the comps in quad unfortunately. And no one is allowed to copy me!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Naw you can only get the comps in quad unfortunately. And no one is allowed to copy me!!!!
you can get them in single also man.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

you can get them in single also man.
Yes I know. Meant you can't get the streets in quads. I see i worded it wrong lol
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes I know. Meant you can't get the streets in quads
my bad lol didn't notice thats what u meant
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Nope, They are the round rolled tips. Part # 15595

I'll be on pins & needles until they get here. I just hope they are not damaged in shipping.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
I hear you lose the popcorning on the magnas.....from the videos Ive seen it seems like it....Im a nerd and actually like that sound LOL....magnas sounds amazing though Id like to hear them in person. They make it sound like a true muscle car...enjoy ronnie!
I have magna street cat backs and I definitely still hear some popcorning. Maybe not as much as stock exhaust but it's still there. But yes great deep sound anyone would love them!

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Im just hoping when I put these on my V-6 3.7 Mustang it won't sound like a Civic with a "FART BOX"

Right now you can't even hear the exhaust at all even standing out side of the car. It is as quiete as a ROLLS ROYCE.

I think it should at least sound a little like a Mustang. I just gotta wait until I get them Monday and put them on.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

It'll sound good. Don't worry!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem48

I have magna street cat backs and I definitely still hear some popcorning. Maybe not as much as stock exhaust but it's still there. But yes great deep sound anyone would love them!
Yea me to I only hear it when I rev it though. And it sounds awesome otherwise. Does yours get noticeably louder when you only have a quarter tank cause mine does lol idk if thats a common thing or what
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

If you can hear more sound when the tank is getting empty it is probably time to put some dyno mat in the spare tire wheel well. Dyna mat is a sound deadener and since you mentioned the noise I will probably do my spare tire well with it.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary

Yea me to I only hear it when I rev it though. And it sounds awesome otherwise. Does yours get noticeably louder when you only have a quarter tank cause mine does lol idk if thats a common thing or what
I really haven't noticed anything I'll check for it this time around before I prepare for my tunes and start running 91!

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Well,
I sure don't think I will be sleeping good tonight waiting for my Magnaflows to arrive tomorrow.

Mister Brown is usually in my neighborhood at the end of the day so I'll probably be a total wreck waiting all day long.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Well,
I sure don't think I will be sleeping good tonight waiting for my Magnaflows to arrive tomorrow.

Mister Brown is usually in my neighborhood at the end of the day so I'll probably be a total wreck waiting all day long.

That's the worst. Same with me. They don't come till late in the day which means you gotta wait alllllll dayyyyyy longgggg.... Let us know how you like em!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #24

Region: California

So are these better then flowmasters?
Saigon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #25
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I would think much better because the Magnaflow mufflers are made of Stainless Steel and last a lifetime, The Flowmasters are just galvanized and are susceptible to rusting.

The Flowmasters are less then 1/2 the cost of the Maganaflows.

Me personally always thought the Flowmasters were way to noisy.

I had Magnaflows on my Corvette that looked as good as the day they were installed after ten years of hard driving.

I was a toss up between Ford Racing and the Magnaflows. I went to a store that sold both and the Ford Racing were nice but not the outer build quality that the Magnaflows showed.

I opted to get the Magnaflow streets and hope they are not overly loud with a nice deep sound.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Big day for Ronnie! Let us know how it goes!

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

My Magnaflow's arrived at 6:05 PM delivered in perfect condition by Mister Brown in his big Brown truck.

I was on pin & needles all day long waiting for them. They are here now and all I have to do now is beg my brother to help me install them properly.

Ronnie

I'm gonna try real hard to get them on tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Did you get them on?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yep, They are on and not only sounding good but they also look great. They are much,much lighter then the stock mufflers. I would guess they are at least 1/3rd. to 1/4th. the weight of the stock Ford mufflers.
They just have a very good deep sound that is not loud or obnoxious. I really like them a lot.

Good deep rumble at idle, Nice sound accelerating, and going down the interstate at 70/80 mph you don't hear them at all. They are just perfect for what I wanted.

Now my Mustang does not sound like a Toyota Prius

Ronnie
Old 07-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Haha told ya man... I love mine. I do wish they had the quad tips option like the competition series but it looks good regardless. Glad you like em
Old 07-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488
Haha told ya man... I love mine. I do wish they had the quad tips option like the competition series but it looks good regardless. Glad you like em
No ones allowed to copy me
Old 07-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No ones allowed to copy me
Haha you're safe on that one for now... I just dropped about $1000 on parts this week. Oops lol. Otherwise I would be tempted to try them out
Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #33

Region: California

Are these the ones you bought? Magnaflow Street Mustang Axleback Exhaust (2011-2012 V6) 15595 - Free Shipping!

Also who installed your Rear Decklid Panel?
Saigon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #34
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yes, Those are the one's I have. If you get them from AM don't forget to get the discount code from them. You have to contact AM personally to get your discount code. 6 Percent is not to bad to save.

My car had this deck lid when I bought it. It is just flat black painted but it sure looks great to me.

I would like to remove that ugly round chrome thing but I'm afraid it would leave a hole or Something terrible looking under it. I think the back would look great with a nice smooth look.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Glad you like them and the install went good, ronnie! It's great how one simple part can really change the overall view of the car.

What's this discount from AM that you're talking about? Can it be used for anything?

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang