The Red disc brake Caliper covers ??????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
The Red disc brake Caliper covers ???????

Does anyone have the caliper covers like the ones at American Muscle? They just cover the Caliper and saves you from painting it. They are Red and smooth with the word Mustang on the fronts and I believe you can get a set that says 3.7 on the rears. They are expensive so I really need some information from someone that has them.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: The Red disc brake Caliper covers ???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Does anyone have the caliper covers like the ones at American Muscle? They just cover the Caliper and saves you from painting it. They are Red and smooth with the word Mustang on the fronts and I believe you can get a set that says 3.7 on the rears. They are expensive so I really need some information from someone that has them.
Ronnie
I have the MGP covers, they say Mustang on the front and GT on the rear. I like them alot. They look very nice and saved me the hassle of painting them myself. I have pictures in my garage.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
I recommend them for all mustangs i have them for almost 2 yrs now and no problem at all. Very clean looking and it helps alot with dust esp if you have chrome wheels. They do custom designs too to match your car just contact mike barland of mgp caliper covers.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

ummmmm....i'd paint em...cheaper and one item you can say "I did that myself"...know what I mean Vern?
IMO

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Ronnie

ronnie948,

Great choice, I am huge fan of the caliper covers!

We have had great feedback on this product, they look really sharp & are a simple install. I think when it comes to caliper covers/painting this is the only way to go, they give the break & wheel such a great look.

Painting the calipers is a time consuming & cheap option, however It is not a bad option.

I hope this helps! You will not be disappointed!

Also just wanted to let you know, We ship out hundreds weekly with no problems at all. If for some odd reason you do have any problems, we stand behind all of our products so we will get you taken care of. We value every single customer & will never leave you up the creek without a paddle!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

PS - We offer a 6% forums discount for all active posting members with 50+ post, so defiantly take advantage of that. PM me if you want access to that code!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

i painted mine for 20 bucks with a brake caliper kit that i got online and ive had no problems looks great gets compliments and i did it myself love saying that
Old 07-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I tried finding caliper covers in pink haha but couldn't. I have heard they are great and simple to put on. I'm getting my car painted next month and I'm going have them do the calipers too in the same color.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

more fun to paint them oneself...than spend...how much for covers? just heard from a buddy of mine...someone stole a set right off a car at the mall parking lot today..2007 GT...so how well are they attached...????

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 07-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thanks for the comeback Dan, I just ordered the K&N air filter today and used the code. Thanks for the much needed discount. I will probably get the covers next month. I didn't hit the Lotto this week so I gotta take it easy on the $$$$ for a while.

I felt the K&N was a little more important even though I can not visually see it after it is installed.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

$6 can of paint does the job
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Think I may paint my calipers. Probably matte black. Also want some black rotors. Would be super stealthy with my matte black wheels Just curious how the finish is on the black rotors and how long they'll stay black??
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

black rotors...? there is such a thing...odd, never heard of that one...

Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yep. Someone on here had them and thought they'd be great on mine.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/ebc-gd7255
Old 07-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

interesting! would look cool on yours...

Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yours too!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
more fun to paint them oneself...than spend...how much for covers? just heard from a buddy of mine...someone stole a set right off a car at the mall parking lot today..2007 GT...so how well are they attached...????
What who in the hell steals caliper covers.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

What who in the hell steals caliper covers.
Lol that is funny
Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

paint em if you want , works just as good
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Don't know..but we have some bored teenage tourists in town...
along with some stupid ones.....my town's cops locked up about 15 in one hour for driving dunk in golf carts and under drinking age, then had 4 locked up for vandilizing golf carts that were so secure they couldnt steal them just on the 4th. So...there are nuts out there...must have taken them some time to get those off i guess....

Old 07-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

in case you folks really want the covers...ebay has them with the tri bar pony logo
Ford Mustang 2011-2013 Caliper Covers, Red w/Silver Mustang Logos, Set of 4 | eBay

Old 07-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Little b%%#%* a$$ teenagers. I parked mine at the mall last summer for a couple hours and those little **** hit my car with a paintball gun. I guess they drove around the mall shooting every nice car they found. Paint washed off and didnt do any harm but if I got them in the act I would be in jail right now and not posting in this forum. ****** bags

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Lol the forum is bleeping out my profanity
Old 07-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11 View Post
Little b%%#%* a$$ teenagers. I parked mine at the mall last summer for a couple hours and those little **** hit my car with a paintball gun. I guess they drove around the mall shooting every nice car they found. Paint washed off and didnt do any harm but if I got them in the act I would be in jail right now and not posting in this forum. ****** bags

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Lol the forum is bleeping out my profanity
Hey, where in FL. are you where BS like that happens? I have not seen anything like that down here.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #23
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Yes it used not to! Haha so it's like on TV you can say explicative and it's bleeped.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

In Tampa, Citrus Park Mall.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Funny thing is there is a huge sherrif's office next door to the mall.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11 View Post
In Tampa, Citrus Park Mall.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Funny thing is there is a huge sherrif's office next door to the mall.
WOW, that's crazy, it's been years since I've been to Tampa, did not realize it was like that now. I'll definately stay away from there now, cause that Sherif's Office would deffinately here the Caliber Shots from me going off.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

The caliper covers are great, good for looks and keeps down some of the brake dust. Pretty easy to install and it would be very hard for someone to steel them. They slip onto the stock caliper cover and screw in. MGP has a video of how to install them. Check it out.

Here is a shot of mine, I only have them on the rear since I have brembos on the front.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
in case you folks really want the covers...ebay has them with the tri bar pony logo
Ford Mustang 2011-2013 Caliper Covers, Red w/Silver Mustang Logos, Set of 4 | eBay
That's just great - I was just casually reading the thread and you had to go and post that. Now yet another thing on my "want list."
Pony Package
6-Speed Auto
CloudsInMyCoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

LMAO!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang