The v6 Pony Package -- worth it? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #1

Region: Michigan
The v6 Pony Package -- worth it?

Hey all!
Thanks a lot for answering my many questions in my earlier post. I'm still eyeballing the 2013 v6 Mustang.

My next question is around the "Pony Package" specifically. Basically, I'm wondering whether or not this is good value. What do you think? It seems to me like it's basically an extra grand for fog lights. Am I missing something?

Does anyone have any good side-by-side photos comparing the difference?

Much appreciated!

-Bubble
BubbleStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I don't think it's worth it but it's really personal opinion. I prefer to customize my car to my taste and not getting a certain "package". Didn't even want the PP because I'd rather do my own performance mods. That's just my opinion
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #3

Re: The v6 Pony Package -- worth it?

Well I'm not planning on doing any mods at all. That isn't really my cup of tea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

go for the performance package on the base V6 if thats the model youre thinking of....thats a better deal and more handling/stopping oriented and the 3.31 rear axle is a plus IMO

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I got the pony package on mine. It includes a few cosmetic upgrades. It is better to get the performance package. You can get the cosmetic stuff cheaper later on than you can performance stuff
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

this is true.....so true

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Well,
I think we have all heard this before.

Quote:
BubbleStang say's Well I'm not planning on doing any mods at all. That isn't really my cup of tea.
Wanna bet?????
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Well,
I think we have all heard this before.

Wanna bet?????
Eh, maybe? Never even changed a tire...
Old 07-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Haha good one ronnie
Old 07-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Don't worry,
I'm sure you will need something after you have your car. The cargo net in the trunk ? It is a good mod and stops stuff rolling around, Just stay away from all of the places that sell Mustang stuff. If you browse you will always find stuff you don't really need but do want.

I actually said the same thing when I bought My 2012 Mustang but now I'm hooked like I'm on some kind of narcotic.

I guess the MOD bug bit me good.
Ronnie
Old 07-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #11

Well, I wouldn't really consider sticking a cargo net in the trunk a mod I guess.

Anything engine-related, or body-related.. that's what I think of when I think of mods.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I get ya,
I'm not doing anything but changing my mufflers (Axleback Magnaflows) and a drop in K&N air filter myself. I'm not going to mess up the engine or change the suspension.

I already did a lot of cosmetic stuff. I hated the yellow warning sewn in patches on the sun visors so I covered them with pony stickers. You can see on my post "Do you wanna see my mods????"

Let us all know when you do get your car and be sure to post pictures.

Ronnie
Old 07-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

To me, the more "base" you go, the more likely you will in fact mod something. Just so many ways to make it better. And if you don't want to upgrade anything, get the hell out of here. You won't be able to resist if you stay.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I am a fan of auto headlights, wanted the 18" wheels, needed the spoiler for the backup camera, and really like the Pony grill with the spears - meh to the fog lights and I deleted the tape stripe. All told it was worth the 1000 to me.
Pony Package
6-Speed Auto
CloudsInMyCoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I ended up going with the premium pckg (pony, same thing here in canada) because i couldnt have the interior upgrade pckg without it.p(not even friggin leather) The interior is the most important part of a car to me, and mustang interiors have always looked like crap. Once 2010 hit and i saw a nice interior my eyes opened up to actually buying this car. Imo the base model interiors look like crap and this is a critical upgrade. Things may be different in the usa but sometimes u need a certain package just to have a certain option. Now when i park next to base model mustangs its a night and day difference as far as what you can see that is better. When you are new to a specific car you dont see the little details but its worth it to focus on them before buying!

And i also said i wouldnt be modding this car, now im looking at $5k in mods once i pay it off :p it really is a great car for customization, there is just so much aftermarket.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

The only two packages I would have gotten myself were the Performance Package and MCA. However, if I was dumping money like that into it from the get go, I'd gotten a base GT instead. There are always choices and options, but don't get caught up so much in them that you over inflate the price tag. Make sure it's worth what you're paying and what YOU want.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yes, come to think of it I did get the premium with comfort package. I love the ambient lighting but have come to hate the electric powered seats. It's just so slooooow.. And heated seats? Not sure why I got those as my car will almost never be driven in the winter. Leather was really the only reason I wanted premium. Hate cloth.. I'm kinda disappointed I got the premium. Think I would've rather just bought aftermarket leather seats with some leather recaros like you can now get in the 13. Oh well..
Old 07-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Yeah, I'm waiting on the '13 foglight kits to roll out. I'll just spend $300 and have them that way rather than spend the money on a $1500 package that comes with them.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang