'11+ Auto or Stick? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #36
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
this thread has been surprisingly calm so far haha
I know. How disappointing. Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: '11+ Auto or Stick?

I do not talk on my phone and drive a manual unless I'm on a long highway with cruise control on. Forget that. Also, my car is more finicky with RPMs I've discovered than the 3.31 geared guys. It'll be nice to have more grunt with 3.55s whenever I get around to that.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

I know. How disappointing. Lol
Someone needs to do something about this haha I already finished the popcorn and nothing exciting has happened. Somebody get ahold of a troll and direct em over here now!
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #39
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

I was just being facetious.

I don't like to do anything but pay attention to my driving. I do like the hands free calling & answering of the phone on my Ford Sync though. With the buttons on the steering wheel and the voice activation you don't ever have to take your eyes off of the road.

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Manual because autos are just boring.

If everyone on the road HAD to drive a manual there would be alot less stupidity out there!

It aint the best manual though so i can see why some opt for the autos, the 2013 auto shifter actually looks decent but the ones before ruin the look of the interior. It screams look at me, im a rental!
Agreed. But shut up about our giant shifter. It looks snazzy just the way it is.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

So the weekend warriors are manuals and for those that are mostly highway. Us automatics are for dd and for city and bumper to bumper. That's just what I'm gathering.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Mine is not a weekend warrior. It is my current DD, though I may shelve it this winter to prevent rust...

Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The new auto gets better mpg then the manual which doesn't make any sense
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #43
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Manual *****es!!!

Why?
1. Because I'll never be on a drag strip.
2. Because it keeps my pimp hand strong.
3. When it's an old jalopy, I'll be able to pop the clutch when I have a dead battery.
4. The shift knob DOESN'T look like my ball sack.
5. Having the cup holders directly in the way of my shifting makes it easier to drop kick who ever thinks they're going to bring a drink into my car.

That's my top 5.
And your left calf muscle stretched out. Don't know where I'm going with this one.

I thought they fixed the cup holders that was a huge complaint on the 05-09's.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Who's going to stir the puddin??

I'm waiting for a brawl! We never talk Auto v manual w/o a fight.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via Skype™ to Chaseh504
I just learned how to drive stick right before i got my car (which is stick) and it is so much more fun and it feels like i am actually driving the car. I love the stick also because i have friends with fast and. Ice cars and we like to race a lot, but there are some downfalls:
1. Hard to text or call (calling is 100% easier using bluetooth though (; .. )
2. Cups in the cup holder are in my way and it aggravates me somewhat but i got used to it

And people complain about being on traffic and all that, but there are ways to handle that very simply
Chaseh504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

manuals suck! o look at me and my badass clutch yo im so cool

there that should make this entertaining lmao
Old 07-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

All they did to the cup holders, from what I've seen, is give it a cover that hides the holes. Doe's nothing about drinks interfering with your arm position while shifting.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #47
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBad3.7

Dude that is exactly what I say when I'm clutch kicking, maintaing a drift at 60mph and letting my car roll backwards at a traffic light bumping into the car of a serious hot chic who is now bound by law to give me her information as I apologize and explain to her that my legs are still sore from running up and down 47 flights of stairs rescuing 29 infant orphan babies from a burning building that I happened to be walking by while I was carrying groceries home for my 87 year old blind grandma.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Dude that is exactly what I say when I'm clutch kicking, maintaing a drift at 60mph and letting my car roll backwards at a traffic light bumping into the car of a serious hot chic who is now bound by law to give me her information as I apologize and explain to her that my legs are still sore from running up and down 47 flights of stairs rescuing 29 infant orphan babies from a burning building that I happened to be walking by while I was carrying groceries home for my 87 year old blind grandma.
ur my idol
Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

ur my idol
primer for president?
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Apparently all my manual buddies are asleep now so that leaves me to defend our honor. Though it's not really needed everyone knows stick is better.

One.bad your just hating cuz your wife didn't want to learn to drive a stick. If it was your car you'd have one

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Quote:

Hahaha your ridiculous.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea man F Manuals they're becoming a thing of the past. Only ppl that drive em are old men or Honda Civic owners that think they're Badass! Don't be mad ppl when I have to do less work and beat all you manual owners by just pushing my gas pedal and sipping on my drink that I can place in a cup holder without any problems! And if I wanna hit a hot chicks car I'll do it and let her know it was on purpose and not an accident and get her info to and shell like it cause real men don't drive sticks!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary

Yea man F Manuals they're becoming a thing of the past. Only ppl that drive em are old men or Honda Civic owners that think they're Badass! Don't be mad ppl when I have to do less work and beat all you manual owners by just pushing my gas pedal and sipping on my drink that I can place in a cup holder without any problems! And if I wanna hit a hot chicks car I'll do it and let her know it was on purpose and not an accident and get her info to and shell like it cause real men don't drive sticks!
Jajajaja nice
Pstang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:17 AM   #53
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary

Yeah? Well... You're a, not smart, stupid head! And automatics are gay! How are you gonna let a computer choose your gears for you? A computer, for ****s sake! That's just down right un-American! We like choices! We demand to have it our way!

If you like automatics and being told what to do, why don't you go live in a dictated country? I'll call Kim Jong il and tell him I'm sending another mindless drone to join his ranks.

Lol, man, I started out with nothing but finished strong!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Yeah? Well... You're a, not smart, stupid head! And automatics are gay! How are you gonna let a computer choose your gears for you? A computer, for ****s sake! That's just down right un-American! We like choices! We demand to have it our way!

If you like automatics and being told what to do, why don't you go live in a dictated country? I'll call Kim Jong il and tell him I'm sending another mindless drone to join his ranks.

Lol, man, I started out with nothing but finished strong!
You sir are an instigator!!! Pick a side!!! Lol
Old 07-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyFenrir View Post
I got that down definitely, but what I'm really having trouble with is matching revs when I downshift, everybody says "match the road speed" but what does that mean in terms of RPMs? It's been the biggest source of problems for me, especially into 1st for speed bumps, it's just so hard for me to do it without jerking about.
yeah use 1st only from a dead stop. I usually stay in second at 4 way stop signs you can almost stop in 2nd and keep going, Definitely avoid downshifting, brakes are cheaper than a clutch. Downshift only when you are coming to a sharp turn, or you need to do so in traffic or for passing.

I walk to work, this car is for pleasure driving and road trips so the manual transmission is not a hassle. if I had a commute with tons of traffic though, I wouldn't get a mustang! I would have went with the Lexus IS250 with paddleshifters that I was considering.

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseh504 View Post
I just learned how to drive stick right before i got my car (which is stick) and it is so much more fun and it feels like i am actually driving the car. I love the stick also because i have friends with fast and. Ice cars and we like to race a lot, but there are some downfalls:
1. Hard to text or call (calling is 100% easier using bluetooth though (; .. )
2. Cups in the cup holder are in my way and it aggravates me somewhat but i got used to it

And people complain about being on traffic and all that, but there are ways to handle that very simply
Haha I learned AFTER I bought my car. My friends 03 tiburon, but I was a natural and within 15 minutes he said I was ready.

I love telling my girl to GET THAT DRINK OUT OF MY WAY!
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #56
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpow24

You sir are an instigator!!! Pick a side!!! Lol
I did!

I like to play with my stick while I'm driving!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

You buy a sports car it better be a manual or you can join the old guy car club with automatic Porsche's, Vette's, Shelby's etc, n drive it like a grocery getter to the country club.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
I did!

I like to play with my stick while I'm driving!
To much information...

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #59
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04

To much information...
Seriously. I think that's illegal in most states and school zones. Lol, jk.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Xoxo2ya
Auto because traffic in so Cali sucks!
Xoxo2ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
I was just being facetious.

I don't like to do anything but pay attention to my driving. I do like the hands free calling & answering of the phone on my Ford Sync though. With the buttons on the steering wheel and the voice activation you don't ever have to take your eyes off of the road.

Funny story about that...I hit a truck lol and it doesn't work with Bluetooth. You have to manually scroll to find your song. Defeats the purpose.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote:

Need a wingman??
Old 07-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #62
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

Funny story about that...I hit a truck lol and it doesn't work with Bluetooth. You have to manually scroll to find your song. Defeats the purpose.
Dang. It doesn't have a <next track> button on the steering wheel? My F150 does.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dang. It doesn't have a <next track> button on the steering wheel? My F150 does.
It does but I dot wanna listen to none of that soft core punk boy band crap on my gf iPod. Gotta get it hardcore up in there lol
Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Manual *****es!!!
5. Having the cup holders directly in the way of my shifting makes it easier to drop kick who ever thinks they're going to bring a drink into my car.
My gf just drops her drinks right in there without any concern for me having to, you know, shift.

I really need to stop complaining about her on here.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #65
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11 View Post
You buy a sports car it better be a manual or you can join the old guy car club with automatic Porsche's, Vette's,

Shelby's etc,

n drive it like a grocery getter to the country club.
Have you ever seen a Shelby GT500 with an automatic? Not available, unlike the Camaro ZL-1.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #66
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

No drinks inside of my car ""EVER"" Never Ever

I had a friend that let his wife drink inside of his brand new Corvette. Of course she spilled IT and it took out the computers to a cost of over $7,000 to get it repaired. If you think the car insurance will pay you have another thing to think about. They don't. It is called Lack of reasonable care and they just ain't gonna pay up.

With all of the computers and electronics in these new cars it is just not a very good idea to have a 16 oz cup of liquid inside of your car.

The Corvettes fuses and eletronics are in the passenger side wheel well and under the passenger seat.

I really don't know if our late Mustangs have electronics in these places. I'm not taking any chances with liquid spilling in my Mustang. Drink before you get into my car or walk.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
No drinks inside of my car ""EVER"" Never Ever

I had a friend that let his wife drink inside of his brand new Corvette. Of course she spilled IT and it took out the computers to a cost of over $7,000 to get it repaired. If you think the car insurance will pay you have another thing to think about. They don't. It is called Lack of reasonable care and they just ain't gonna pay up.

With all of the computers and electronics in these new cars it is just not a very good idea to have a 16 oz cup of liquid inside of your car.

The Corvettes fuses and eletronics are in the passenger side wheel well and under the passenger seat.

I really don't know if our late Mustangs have electronics in these places. I'm not taking any chances with liquid spilling in my Mustang. Drink before you get into my car or walk.
Ha I never allow anyone to eat or drink in my car happened once with my ex and she spilled the food everywhere and after that I said never again haha
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

People always seem to spill drinks in my car except for me.. However, I'm not anal about it. I always keep some napkins in the car for situations like these. In the Mustang with the manual though... whoever rides shotgun is going to have to hold their drink unless it's super short. Why they couldn't have made bulges into the passenger side of the console for drink holders, where there is TONS of room is beyond me. The drinks would then sit to the right of the shifter and not in the way of my arm. Let my passenger suffer with a loss of 3" of horizontal leg room they never use.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22 View Post
My gf just drops her drinks right in there without any concern for me having to, you know, shift.

I really need to stop complaining about her on here.
This girl I date wouldn't even put hers there even though I said she could. She saw it was in the way of the shifter and volunteered to hold it.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

my bluetooth works great...love talking on the phone thru the car...
its the usb audio....SAL9000 couldnt find the track I want to play with both digital hands...errrrr

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

My Atrix (android) will play through the speakers if I have the line-in hooked up and answer a call. With a wireless mic, I could get the benefits of Sync handsfree without the cost. I just don't find calls to usually be that important.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang