Vinyl Time... What to do? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Vinyl Time... What to do?

I'm wanting a side stripe of some kind that follows the upper body line from fender to fender. The closest I've been able to find is the RTR stripe. But it rolls on top of the rear fender instead of following it. I also made a photoshop of a side strobe like some of the old mopars.

Think it looks good or out of place? I'm also going to need some kind of hood decal. Maybe a version of the hood spears that follow the hump in the '13 hood, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas on existing decals out there? I don't want a decal that doesn't run front to rear. Also, gtzoom, don't you have a guy that can do custom vinyl? If so, think he could replicate this?

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Vinyl Time... What to do?

Old 07-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

LOL. Stig, no means no. I have a feeling that pic is going to keep cropping up a lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

well...your mopar style idea is different...kind of off the wall like my Mach/Boss combo stripes.....
I'd play with that idea some more...

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

and yes...he probably could. He liked my ideas....
hmmm....go look thru historic Mustang pics...drag racers even...think there was something similar..but better in her distant past....

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

want you to reference 2 vehicles in the Mustang's heritage.....
1971 Boss 351/ Mach 1 side stripes from front sidemarker to the rear....
1979 Indy Pace car edition......
Play with those 2 and see what you come up with......had radical thought...but thinking you are better with photoshop than me....

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

maybe even a black version of the Boss 351 hood decal that went thru and around the scoops (maybe integrate a fake scoop look up front..?) and covering the majority of the hood bulge.....just thinking out loud and outside the box

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

Hi Sanguin'
If you started the side stripe thinner in the front and let it be fatter in the rear it would look a whole lot nicer.

The thickness of it being all the same all the way back just does not look right.

You do have a great idea for something nobody has done .
Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

and then you can add something else.....that would go with either theme..you can blackout or vinyl stripe ring around the tailights but using one of these offerings....
Pegasus Motorsports and Detailing - Automotive - Murrells Inlet, SC | Facebook

Cervini's Ducktail Mustang Spoiler (10-13) - Unpainted 2218 - Free Shipping! (there is some version of this on ebay for less..just cant track it down..there or carid.com)

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

both spoilers can 3M tape on...no drilling unless you really want to....

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

whoops...direct link to my company...meant to post....

10-12 FORD MUSTANG ELEANOR POLY-URETHANE PU REAR TRUNK SPOILER WING 3PC | eBay

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

very true Ronnie....

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Dunno if I'm a fan of the Mach1 stripe. Hard to figure out how to replicate it on this body style. Anyway, I made some quick attempts and another stripe style inspire by the RTR but with my own flare.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

BTW, I really like the ducktail, but I want to see it on a '13 first. I haven't seen a person yet with it!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

like the third one you have up there. Actually, I meant taking the 71-72 hockstripe up fom the side marker and running it back along the same lines as that first idea you had toyed with.......high on the upper parts of door and fenders.
The ducktail is pretty cool. If they have a 2013 with it at Mustang week, i'll take several and send them to you...

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

but on #3...and back in the rear panel blackout surround you had on the first 2...

Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Appreciate the pics if you find one. I just couldn't get a picture of a Mach1 stripe without using the side market, since all of them focused on it. I'll try something else and post it up later. I also found a drag car with a strobbed side-stripe that disappeared into the side scoop on a '69. It was like a '70 boss stripe, but stayed high and was strobed. On ours it'd have to go lower though.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

PM me and send me your email address....got a ton of pics on the fire dept computer when I was building ideas for Slimer...

Old 07-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

dont mind if I swiope that tail panel idea when I add by new spoiler do you? instead of the mach 1 rear stripe..complete darkout with the carbon fiber decal with the car name init...hmmmmmm
more ideas.....sigh

Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Fine by me lol

Old 07-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Don't do #3. Your no charger!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
i think if you took the original and tones it down some it may work. i think its a little wide/thick.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Old 07-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Wrong post, message was moved
Old 07-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Stig...are all of these rides you post in your area...? That hippie van looks a bit outta place...LOL

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

« warranty | tires »