Insurance pay for after market stuff? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Insurance pay for after market stuff?

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get their insurance to pay for after market things you put on? I was thinking I want to do some appearance mods like maybe gt500 rear diffuser or GT front bumper and grille but I want to make sure if someone hits me or I hit someone or something by mistake that either their or my insurance will pay for the after market stuff instead of just what's stock?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Call your agent, depends on the company. Mine covers some things but i added an additional waiver to cover all aftermarket items
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Re: Insurance pay for after market stuff?

You can insure just about anything for any replacement cost as long as you have the endorsements on your policy and pay for the added coverage.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Most will ,but you must notify, and sometimes give photos to your company. If someone hits you, their company will contact your company, and if you do not have your mod listed, they will only pay for OEM.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

The insurance agent will explain what needs to be done, Some of them need to take the pictures for the company, Some will let you submit the pictures. They are all a little different and it may even depend on what state you live in.

Any way you look at it , The extra coverage will cost you more.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

yep...ive had to take pics of my car in current form and submit a list to state farm of all add ons

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

It must depend on the company. I had $5K in hail damage to my stang and the insurance company paid to replace the after market hood stripes as well as the louvers on the side windows with out asking any questions. They even took my word for how much each cost and what the installation price was.
CandyRedStang10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang